805 - The Big Scary U

2»

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    lengmo said:
    (Plus, I think he's faking being sick so he can rescue Maggie's doctor, which would give him a reason to want to get into the sanctuary without the Saviors just immediately killing him.)
    Why would he continue faking being sick in front of Eugene while telling him his plan?  I know the writing is bad, but that seems a bit off even for them.
    Because Eugene is a turncoat but Gabriel knows he can tug at his heart strings. I think he's faking too. The conversation about guts with Negan happened and I think he realized his opportunity.
    lengmo
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Is it just me, or did they just skate right past how Negan and Gabriel were able to get away from the mass herd? They were surrounded, then next scene he's strolling into the sanctuary and whistling. I guess we can make up our own story as to how they got away. Did Gabriel finally sprout wings and fly them out? Did Negan swing Lucille in a tasmanian devil-like whirligig maneuver and take them all out? WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING? lol

Also, I think Gabriel is faking so that he can get inside intel and/or get the doctor to Maggie.  He could be sweaty just from being confined in that hot cell with barely any breathable air.  Of course, this is all on the assumption that Gabriel is THAT intelligent as to figure out that he needed to do this, which is debatable.  I just don't think he's sick or bitten.
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    edited November 2017
    It's good to know that @A_Ron_Hubbard has a head on top of his hair. As soon as I heard it in the dreads discussion I burst out laughing an knew that A.Ron was just being A.Ron. It actually got me out of a funk this morning so thanks for that
  • TimKTimK Grand Rapids, MI
    Michelle said:
    Is it just me, or did they just skate right past how Negan and Gabriel were able to get away from the mass herd? They were surrounded, then next scene he's strolling into the sanctuary and whistling. I guess we can make up our own story as to how they got away. Did Gabriel finally sprout wings and fly them out? Did Negan swing Lucille in a tasmanian devil-like whirligig maneuver and take them all out? WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING? lol
    Yeah, and from the opening scenes, apparently conference room area has a door leading right outside to where Negan and Gabriel were fighting zombies and firing off multiple gunshots, yet none of them heard a thing while that was happening. I thought when the walkers fell on top of them and after the commercial break we found ourselves back inside the compound, that they were just rewinding a bit and the conversation would be interrupted by the gunshots and then they would have to run outside to help Negan. Nope, instead they go further into the compound to quell a mutiny and Negan just materializes out of nowhere.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Is this the right title for this week’s episode? 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited November 2017
    Dee said:
    Is this the right title for this week’s episode? 
    Nope.  lol

EDIT:  Well, *now* it is.  :)
  • If Gabriel really is just sick from covering himself in zombie guts, I don't know, I might lose it.  On the one hand, its good that they've finally brought this up, but in classic Walking Dead fashion they bring it up within the same episode that it is paid off.  This is season 8.  In 8 seasons, they managed to never mention this until the very episode they needed it to happen.