307 - "eps3.6_fredrick&tanya.chk"

Directed and possibly written by Sam Esmail.
KingKobra

Comments

• Just a heads up: Great interview with Sam Esmail on KCRW's The Treatment. Some fantastic insight and insider baseball in this one. My favorite is the bit where Sam talks about editing out blinks. Talk about attention to detail.
    KingKobraElisaBrooklynQueen
  • Another very good episode. Angela is on the express to crazy town for sure. We also learn that WR took Angela from Price, because Price couldn’t control her. The scenes between WR and Price were priceless (no pun intended). WR making Price look like the crazy one and giving motivation as “I had to ask you twice”. WR is a stickler for manners and timeliness. Don is finally putting the pieces together, but she realizes that it’s “too late” (at least for now). 

From the aftershow last week it looks like these last (including tonight) episodes will deal at least somewhat with the fallout and what is happening to the world now that such a major loss has happened. They also have a little insight into how they are handling the outside world (by asking economists, etc) if something like 5/9 were to happen. 

I swear I have to go back and read the tickers during newscasts as they tend to give a little bit of outside information. You have to wonder with ECorp taking so much damage, but WR/China finally Ok’ing ECoin (and WR saying ECorp is too big to fail) what can possibly be done outside of a hostile takeover. 

We now have to wonder was the malware set for airports real and if so are they just a diversion to something else. Stage two has ended, but what is stage 3? The Congo was/is important as now WR is moving the plant there, which is also what “houses” the particle accelerator right?  

Going to have to go watch this one again. I donfell bad for those that left last season, as this season has really brought the show back to form. 

Last bit loved seeing JBA back on the show again.
    ElisaBrooklynQueen
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    Loved how they used Moment of Truth and the Night Rider theme. Another great episode.
    Elisa

• I just don't know where to begin. I'm  :) :) :) :) :) , swooning, Esmail has got me. 
    Is Esmail using Leon as conduit for his TV musings? Should JBA just start a podcast?
    The Knight rider theme,...........perfect. Esmail's BB fan service was a little on too on the nose, but hard not to love it.
    I loved the scene with Angela and Darlene in front of the TV, Price and Whiterose, Elliot and Krista, every scene just dripping with subtext.  

My sister is a marriage and family therapist and I got a ask her about Krista's legal and Ethical obligations. I'm fully aware of the weight of HIPPA mandates, but in her position there must be some kind of recourse. 

Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    edited November 2017
    :'( RIP Mobley and Trenton  :'(
    Doctor_Nick
  • This show is so good!  Loved the Knight Rider opening!    :)
    And JBA is ... well, a badass!

And yes, RIP Mobley and Trenton.  I was hoping they'd make it.    :'(
    ElisaMelonuskDoctor_Nick
  • Everyone keeps saying this, but holy shit has Sam Esmail has gotten his shit together since last season. Every episode so far has just been so goddamn good. To me, this season is on par with The Leftovers S2 - a tightly written and damn near perfectly executed story that throws a bunch of questions at you with every development, but keeps answering them at the same steady rate.
    If Esmail nails the ending, this will be probably my favorite show from this year, even with the heavy competition it got!
    ElisaGiovanniphoenyx1023FlukesCretanBullMelonusk
  • Excellent episode, but like others, would've liked to see Mobley and Trenton survive.  Wonder what results will come from the automatically sent email…  Loved Bada$$'s non sequitors, though!  

I wasn't sure where Darlene went when she said she was going to get her shit and left Angela's place.  We know Angela's magical thinking came from her New Age mom who died.  Her scene with her "rebuilding" the collapsing building with the TV with Darlene -- like the one (earlier episode) where Mr. Williams keeps demanding answers from Tyrell with the teapot whistling in b.g.-- has a sort of psychological torture vibe to it which I like in this show.  

It's true that Elliot's sessions would be protected by physician/patient privilege.  HIPPA surely prohibits such disclosure, as the rules of professional conduct for attorneys certainly do under these circumstances, i.e., admission of prior bad act in confidential setting, without making an imminent future threat.  

Felt a bit for Tyrell.  I didn't care one way or another for this character before the recent episode of him chopping wood and pining for his wife and kid on the webcam.  I would've preferred those scenes being earlier in the show, but better late than never.  

People sure get out of cuffs when they're in the back seats of cars in this show:)  
    Elisa
  • edited November 2017
    Is white roses' project directly responsible for Angelas mom's death? And did she bullshitt Angela with the alternative reality stuff to lead her off her track? Or did I get that wrong? Could be interesting that Price wasn't actually the bad one in this. Angela, Elliot/Mr Robot, Darlene and Price all want vengeance against white rose at this point, specially if Price tells Angela to get back at her.
    Elisa
  • Schlupp said:
    Is white roses' project directly responsible for Angelas mom's death? And did she bullshitt Angela with the alternative reality stuff to lead her off her track? Or did I get that wrong? Could be interesting that Price wasn't actually the bad one in this. Angela, Elliot/Mr Robot, Darlene and Price all want vengeance against white rose at this point, specially if Price tells Angela to get back at her.
    It was a wrench thrown to get Angela “in line” since Price wasn’t able to do it. From Zhang’s speech, it was apparent that those scenes may be have been a ploy to get Angela to stop suing, but also to get her on their side. 

Price is for sure A bad guy, but he’s not THE bad guy ;) I think we’ve known this for some time now though. 
    Elisa
  • Trenton mentioned sending the email to someone she trusts. Surely it cant be acharacter we're already acquainted with, since none of which would be anybody trenton would trust. Esmail will probably introduce this trustworthy confidante and  they'll play a pivotal role in coming events.
    also not that it matters, but could the mother Dark army/fbi puppet santiago is talking to be one of the old ladies on the train while Angela was getting robbed.
    Elisa
  • After A.Ron read my comment on the 'cast, I realized I sounded way too enthusiastic, lol. The Leftovers is probably my all-time favorite show, too, and undoubtedly has better characters - in my comparison I meant mostly the plot and the pacing.
    I'm also trying to be very cautious, because I felt this way about the final season of Penny Dreadful and the last few episodes have managed to ruin everything big time and made me so disappointed.
    Also I just remembered Black Mirror is still coming out this year, so unless Charlie Brooker lost his mojo, I think that will be my favorite thing of the year (or do I have too much faith?)
    Elisa
  • Addressing some of A. Ron's things that make him batshit in this episode. (I know they're small potatoes but A. Ron sounded a little annoyed when talking about this stuff) Firstly, this is definitely in Phoenix, AZ and the neighborhood is definitely lower-middle class not at all wealthy. As for the key chain... I imagine this is another one of Irving's trinkets like his "World's Best Dad" mug meaning this car is from Irving's dealership which can explain why it took Leon (and us) so long to get to Trenton and Mobley. That might be a fair knit pick... why have Leon drive all the way to Phoenix? Probably because Esmail just really likes Knight Rider and had this whole Tarentino/Knight Rider-esque homage in his mind which I definitely didn't mind but anyway that's it, small potatoes
    telephoneofmadnessElisa
  • Schlupp said:
    Is white roses' project directly responsible for Angelas mom's death? And did she bullshitt Angela with the alternative reality stuff to lead her off her track?
    Yeah, I'm leaning towards the alternate reality stuff just being a lie to control people. White Rose could have been killing children's parents all around the world as part of a recruiting strategy for her cult.
    Elisa
  • Thought Mobley & Trenton were for sure dead last season.

Get super excited to see them back in the show.

They die.
    Elisa
  • Thought Mobley & Trenton were for sure dead last season.

Get super excited to see them back in the show.

They die.
    Esmail reeeeemix!
    DoubleA_RonElisa
  • Do you think we're actually going to see the amazing power of Whiterose that lets her manipulate enormous conglomerates and has shock troops willing to die for her?  

She's a cool character ,but we're entering mustache twirling villainy here.
  • Prediction: the time travel is a thing in the show and these events have been relived multiple times. And that would explain whiteroses infatuation with time and precise planning equaling repeated success. As if he knows the outcomes and has practiced his plans. Feel like elliot and whiterose are the 2 constants in these events mayb explaining both split personalities? I dunno this could be obvious and a duh moment or its completely unwarranted.
    Elisa
  • Didn't Darlene and Trenton have moments where they found out about each other in Season 1 and/or 2?  Could Trenton have emailed Darlene?
    Elisa
  • Didn't Darlene and Trenton have moments where they found out about each other in Season 1 and/or 2?  Could Trenton have emailed Darlene?
    Maybe contact with Trenton was the secret Darlene wasn't telling the FBI.