Happy Thanksgiving!

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours! Jim came over to break bread this year and he brought two gallons of some kind of adult juice so I wanted to say before it's too late: Thanks for listening and for your support! We couldn't do any of this without you and are incredibly thankful for having such a great community! 

Seriously we've been eating and drinking all day and reflecting on the past year and we just feel like the luckiest two guys on the planet. Thanks again for accompanying us on this trip.

Some real turkey talk. I converted from oil fried turkey to oil-less this year, and I'm going to be an evangelist. If you're frying a turkey, you have to check out this tech. It's just as good as frying without having to buy 40 bucks of peanut oil. Super easy clean up too. It takes about twice as long, but the turkey looks better and you can use tubs and what not. I was very skeptical it would be as good since I've been frying for 15 years, but whatever black magic fuckery the use to fry it without oil just works. 

Happy Thanksgiving!
akritenbrinkReniDeeAlkaid13FreddyBrandonTheBardMurderbearMichelleFernNYC17Phoebes89and 2 others.

Comments

• DeeDee Adelaide
    How do you dry fry a turkey?
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited November 2017
    Happy Thanksgiving! About to head over to my local dive bar for beer and seconds. Apparently, the best BBQ joint in town catered a Thanksgiving spread for them.

On to something you might like @A_Ron_Hubbard , I'm looking into joining a sailing club: Grapevine Sailing Club
    One of my uncles I hardly ever see showed up to Thanksgiving, and we started talking about hobbies. He brought up that he had a sailboat at one point, but sold it. Then mentioned that Grapevine Lake has a sailing club. Membership is only $100 a year, and no experience or boat is required. Just check postings for Captains who need a crew, and hop on board.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Dee said:
    How do you dry fry a turkey?
    I have no idea. Some kind of infrared oven effect I gather. But it absolutely works. And frees up the oven. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Freddy said:
    Happy Thanksgiving! About to head over to my local dive bar for beer and seconds. Apparently, the best BBQ joint in town catered a Thanksgiving spread for them.

On to something you might like @A_Ron_Hubbard , I'm looking into joining a sailing club: Grapevine Sailing Club
    One of my uncles I hardly ever see showed up to Thanksgiving, and we started talking about hobbies. He brought up that he had a sailboat at one point, but sold it. Then mentioned that Grapevine Lake has a sailing club. Membership is only $100 a year, and no experience or boat is required. Just check postings for Captains who need a crew, and hop on board.
    That's what the standard advice always is for starting out. Find a boat that needs crew and show up and do some races. I just watched a ton of video and did trial and error. My first boat cost 400 and my current 15 footer was 800. There's a lot that I don't know still but I've had a lot of fun learning as I go. The first few launches were probably hilarious to watch, we flipped over frequently, haha. I didn't unintentionally get wet this year, which was a first! Progress!

I'm going to do a live virtual sail from Charlevoix to St. James in Beaver Island sometime in December on the Sail Away simulator. I'm going to do the whole thing in twitch just to see how long it will take in various conditions. I'd like to make that passage in real life this summer!
    BrandonTheBardFreddy