Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

I can’t praise this movie enough! I wasn’t even in the mood for a movie, but Frances McDormand and an incredible screenplay won me over. There are so many pitch perfect performances. If you’re a fan of Coen Bros. or Tarantino, you will love this movie.
 Don’t bother watching the trailer! It doesn’t do the movie justice and you don’t get the story you think you are going to get anyway. If anyone is able to top Frances McDormand for Best Actress or Martin McDonagh for Best Original Screenplay, then this will be one of the best Oscar Seasons in recent history. Woody Harrelson and Sam Rockwell could both get Best Supporting Actor nominations for their roles. I can’t think of another dark comedy that has as much heart as “Three Billboards”. Martin McDonagh has the potential to join the ranks of Scorsese, Tarantino and Coen Bros. if he keeps this up!
picorock80Chinaski

Comments

• Havr heard nothing but good things. The actors got me excited for this one.
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    edited November 2017
    I had been looking forward to this one. I had forgotten the director until I checked after viewing and remembering that he did "in Bruges" it made soooo much sense. XD  Haven't seen dark comedy like that since The Lobster...or maybe In Bruges. Still need to see his other films!

As much as everyone does standout performances - this is Sam Rockwell's movie. He has been a favorite of mine ever since Galaxy Quest :)
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    The red band trailer is absolutely fantastic, Frances is coming for that Oscar.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I can't wait for this. It looks absolutely fantastic. I feel like I first heard about it about a year or so ago, it fell off my radar, so I was pleasantly surprised to find out the initial trailer wasn't just some weird fever dream. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    yeah this was dope! i remember seeing the red band trailer (which i think i posted on here on the trailer thread) when i saw a dumpster trash a ghost story and was all for it.
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Fantastic! Lived up to the hype and I couldn't recommend it enough.