806 - The King, the Widow, and Rick

Directed by John Polson
Written by Angela Kang and Corey Reed

Comments

• That was a rough one. The “jump” from the intro to Rick getting in didn’t really make sense. Of course maybe everyone is a superhero and getbin full gear quickly. What the intro probably was is a scene from a future episode as it didn’t really seem connected outside of the knocking on the door. This episode just made me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on the overall merit of it. I did get a good laugh off the RPG usage though. 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited November 2017
    Simultaneously the most ridiculous and probably fun episode this season. I’ll take a lot of dumb shit as long as it’s amusing instead of boring. There was some hot garbage this episode though and I don’t just mean the literal garbage people.
    DoubleA_Ron
  • Can't wait to watch this one. After quitting in season 2, the first episode I watched in years was the intro to the garbage people last year, and the live watch was fucking hilarious. So excited for the return of Romulan garbage lady.
  • Out of context for the rest of the show, this episode is probably pretty good actually. 
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I joked about it when we had the tumbling zombies but Carl and Siddiq in the woods was atrocious. "The Walkers aren't the real threat, it's the humans" shit is over. Maybe it would be boring if people just killed walkers with little to no problem but making capable killers look stupid over and over again is annoying as hell. I get that Siddiq might have been lying about killing 273 but Carl ain't no damn fool! (Maybe he is, somehow one of those walkers heard them sneaking up from twenty feet away in the middle of a bunch of them chowing down on Pan. Maybe Carl never learned how to walk quietly)

Michonne and Rosita....what the hell. Them miraculously switching spots in the car was the most sensible thing that happened to them. I understand they were both hurt but that was some grade A bumbling in that warehouse. They might be hurt but they aren't idiots. And that RPG explosion...yeesh. It was so incredibly stupid that I kind of liked it.

This show is nothing but montages and dumb decisions.

Why are we going through this shit of people getting impatient and trying to do their own thing? Tara, Daryl, Michonne and Rosita should know better. If they had played it like, well, Rick's been missing for a few days now, we gotta do something. But no, we haven't learned from the other times these same exact characters went on their own and fucked it all up. 

@A_Ron_Hubbard and his impression of Daryl being a wildcat still cracks me up everytime though. At least we have Bald Move to keep us watching. Thanks a lot guys.
    JTKIIIFlukes
  • I'm still watching, but it's kind of ridiculous that they are doing such a terrible job at what should be an amazing part of the story. How could they possibly screw this up so badly? 
  • And that RPG explosion...yeesh. It was so incredibly stupid that I kind of liked it.
    If anything it was worth it for Aron losing it for like a minute straight. The guys were in fine form tonight.
    Murderbearxulsolar22
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited November 2017
    - - 
  • The RPG was amazingly terrible especially when the damage an RPG has done in this show before. 

It was almost like a road runner cartoon
  • ACME RPG
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    'The Walking Dead' Star Discusses Season 8 Ratings Slide

Jadis actress Pollyanna McIntosh revealed her perspective of the ratings slide and how it influences her performances.

While McIntosh says those involved with the AMC series "do take in the fans of the show," she notes they have to show up to work each day and do their job. "We listen to what they have to say, and we're in touch with them in lots of ways," McIntosh said. "I think season seven knocked a lot of people sideways with the gore, you know?

TaraC73
  • Yeah, because it was definitely the gore that was the problem last season. Not anything else. 
  • Most anticipated podcast since the finale of season 1 of Serial.
    DoubleA_RonTaraC73Flukes
  • absolutely hilarious episode
  • tom_g said:
    Most anticipated podcast since the finale of season 1 of Serial.
    I think this has a chance to top the Lost commissioned cast as my favourite of all time
    Flukes
  • I'm not sure how Rosita got that incineration ray from the Romulan High Command, but I'm sure it will all tie together in the end.
    FlukesDoubleA_Ron
  • What was the process for the trash/Romulian/Mila Jovavich people to decide they only wanted to speak in sentence fragments? Was it like "Hey, let's cut out all adjectives as part of our religion, OK. Show of hands. Now, who's for removing adverbs? Show of hands"
    It's taken them what, 18 months now to completely rewrite the language. Also, did Jovavich Beta say "Wait. Must trade leather craft apron for clothes Speak soon". 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited November 2017
    The more you try and analyze the culture and formation of the Trash people the more your brain will hurt. Nothing about them makes any sense whatsoever. 
  • What if the trash people are aliens that struggle with American English, and they brought the virus that caused the zombie apocalypse.  It is the only thing that makes sense. 
  • voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    edited November 2017
    the trash people are so weird because they've actually been in that dump for like a hundred years leading up the zombie apocalypse and nobody noticed they were there, they didn't suddenly forget how to talk after decades of being normal, they were always fucking mega-freaks.

at least that makes *some* sense...
    redlancer
  • I mean it makes more sense than a group of people decided to adopt garbage as a religion and forget how to talk over the course of 3 years. Honestly the cannible Terminites are more relatable than the Trash people. 
    edited November 2017
    You either get painfully long, obvious monologues retreading the same old boring topics or you get people who don't even bother using enough words to form proper sentences.

At least there are cool explosions. ▨-▨¬ლ(•_•) (▨_▨¬)
    cdrive
  • All the silliness can’t make up for the inherent rot in the writing of this entire half season. This is quickly becoming the worst half season of TWD. 
    Oh, for sure. Trying to adopt A.Ron's positive attitude I feel like he is determined to keep this season. I can't blame him. It's not nearly as fun if both people are constantly shitting on a show. I loveD this show for a long time and dammit, I want to love it again but they are determined to drive people away it seems.
  • Alkaid13 said:
    All the silliness can’t make up for the inherent rot in the writing of this entire half season. This is quickly becoming the worst half season of TWD. 
    Quickly becoming the worst half season of TWD! Take me back to the farm and the search for Sophia over this trash. Or the wait for Rick to tell them everyone is infected. 

Hell I would even take the stand alone Governor episodes and the introduction to Fist Bump over this because the show still had potential then, its just another show now. Whilst i'm not quitting the show because hell I've already watched all the series so far and listened to all the casts but its not have to watch straight away like I used to. 
  • I mean there’s definitely been worse single episodes of TWD than anything in this run (Oceanside, S3 finale, S2 opener) but usually those are balanced by at least a few good episodes and although I’ve had fun with some parts of these episodes I wouldn’t describe any of them as good. Without BM coverage I doubt I could justify continuing to watch this show after this season just on my own volition. Maybe I’d check out the series finale or something but not the weekly episodes. 
    davemcb
  • It’s real good podcasting material though so that’s something. 
  • I skipped the last two episodes, the glimpses I catch during the live watch are more than enough for me.
  • It all makes sense now. The Walking Dead is tanking the season in order to draft all-star prospect Guy Ferrari with the #1 pick.
    MurderbearAlkaid13davemcbFlukes