COCO!

ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
edited November 2017 in Movies
what an absolutely great movie! made my people proud, big ups to Pixar.

tho I could have done without that overly long bland 20+ minute Frozen short before it :#
Elisa

Comments

• Thinking of arriving late to skip the Frozen section. 
    ElisaChinaski
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I got misty during the Frozen thing ("you are our Christmas tradition" is just fucking inspired SORRY NOT SORRY) but it was such a poor decision to put it there.

Coco was solid, solid, solid. I will be watching it at least 2x more. It reminds me of Ratatouille for some reason, minus the weak "rats shouldn't eat rotten food" subplot. No weak subplots that I can see here. 

ChinaskiElisa
  • Spanish soundtrack for this movie is A+. 
    ChinaskiElisa
  • Really good and the most gorgeous movie Pixar's made. Everything in the land of the dead was amazing. I might pick up one of those art books.
    Elisa
  • Well if you want to see that not very good and way too long Frozen short better go soon, they're taking it out of the movie because people complained so much.
    Elisa
  • The Frozen short would be perfectly acceptable as like a DVD extra for some Frozen holiday edition or like a Disney Channel tv short. It’s just way too long to tack onto another movie as is. 
  • Chinaski said:

tho I could have done without that overly long bland 20+ minute Frozen short before it :#
    Sooo.. show up 20 mins late?
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    gguenot said:
    Chinaski said:

Sooo.. show up 20 mins late?
    I read somewhere they have removed it now. 
    Elisa
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    yeah from what i heard it's gone. i think i was more caught off guard than anything. first i was like 'ah ok. we got a short before Coco..' then it just kept going and 15-20 mins later i was like 'alright already! wrap it up B!'
  • This movie looks amazing, and I've heard fantastic things about it.  Can't wait to see it!   :)
    Elisa
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Animation wise, this might be the best Pixar film I've seen. The visuals in this movie are nothing short of amazing.
    Elisa