Why No Live Recording for Mr Robot?

I've noticed Jim & Aron don't do a live recording for premium members like they do for other shows. I was just curious if there was a reason. I always thought that it was probably recorded at a different time/day but I heard you guys saying you had to record Mr Robot after todays lunch. 

Comments

• mwspiak said:
    I've noticed Jim & Aron don't do a live recording for premium members like they do for other shows. I was just curious if there was a reason. I always thought that it was probably recorded at a different time/day but I heard you guys saying you had to record Mr Robot after todays lunch. 
    I think because it's a show that requires some thought and reflection, probably multiple viewings before being able to react to.  I'm not sure if there'd be a benefit to getting an instant-take on Mr. Robot.
    Elisa
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    Yeah no i agree with that. I'm not talking about an instant cast. I'm talking about a live recording when they do the cast so that you can listen while they are recording the podcast as opposed to waiting for it to show up in the feed on iTunes. 
    CretanBull
  • mwspiak said:
    Yeah no i agree with that. I'm not talking about an instant cast. I'm talking about a live recording when they do the cast so that you can listen while they are recording the podcast as opposed to waiting for it to show up in the feed on iTunes. 
    Ah!  gotcha, I misinterpreted what you meant.
    mwspiak
  • My assumption is because they record it on Fridays after Lunch, which is live for about 90 minutes. So they need a break from live broadcasting. 
    Elisa
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, @sbench2 is mostly right. Lunch is variable length and we usually still have to do some post production on lunch, and pre-production on Mr. Robot, so it's very hard to schedule. We didn't start recording until like 4pm this week, for example. We also know that unscheduled live recordings don't do well, so we typically just don't do them. 
    mwspiak
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    This could be another pro for an app. You could maybe sign up for your favorite shows and get a notification that it's going to be recording live soon. Don't know if that's even still being considered or not but it seems like a good idea.
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    @A_Ron_Hubbard that's true, the variable start time makes sense. Plus putting a time limit on LWJ&A would be a shame, I loved this weeks marathon episode. Thanks for getting back to me and explaining
  • If I'd done a live recording of this last episode of Mr. Robot, it would have just been me crying.  Not a very pretty sight!    :D
    Reni
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited December 2017
    I always assumed it was because some of the things they cut out from the recording could get The Man on them if they were released publicly.