R-rated Star Trek movie directed by Quentin Tarantino

MrXMrX CO
edited December 2017 in Movies
News of this has been floating around but it now sound like there's a pretty good chance it gets made. It would be produced by JJ Abrams, directed by Tarantino (who insisted on the R- rating), and sounds like they're almost ready to name a screenwriter.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/star-trek-quentin-tarantino-rated-r-jj-abrams-1201905068/
Jovial_Falcon

Comments

• Is there going to be a Weinstein related boycott of Tarantino?
  • @Doctor_Nick shouldnt be. Q broke away from that company.
  • I can’t wait for all the parodies that will inevitably be done on YouTube before the release of this! 
    “We ain’t in the takin’ prisoners bidness! We in the killing Romulens bidness!”

”Did you notice a sign on the Enterprise that said Dead Vulcan Storage?”
    Frakkin Tadobo1148Doctor_NickJovial_Falconrkcrawf
  • I can’t wait for all the parodies that will inevitably be done on YouTube before the release of this! 

You know what they call a Quarter Pounder in the Rigel system? 
  • Hatorian said:
    I can’t wait for all the parodies that will inevitably be done on YouTube before the release of this! 

You know what they call a Quarter Pounder in the Rigel system? 
    I'm picturing Worf slicing off the ear of a ferengi to "stuck in the middle with you"
    russkelly
  • I saw an interview on YouTube a while back where he was talking about how his idea of the type of Star Trek film he’d make is one that would be on a much smaller scale than the Trek films usually are and wouldn’t include all of the characters. He cited a few of the smaller scale more philosophical episodes that only revolved around a few characters, though I can’t remember which episodes. In any case this type of idea appeals to me as I’m tired of the films always needing to be big universe-saving types of stories.

That interview seemed more like a hypothetical discussion, though. I had no idea there may actually be something in the works. 
    alexander.klassen
  • Being Sci-fi, and regularly raising interesting philosophical questions, I should be a huge Star Trek fan. For whatever reason, it just never really pulled me in.

That said, I'll be seeing this on opening night.
  • Can't wait for the Cardassians inevitably calling Bajorans the Nword for 2 hours. 
    adobo1148Frakkin T
  • I'm all in for a Samuel L Jackson version of Q, calling everyone muthafuckas and a 5 minute monologue about shoving his black dingus down Wesley Crusher. 
    adobo1148
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    " SHUT THE FUCK UP, WESLEY!"
    Jovial_FalconMrX
  • This would be his 10th. Hope this might be the exception, And he does a final film after the Manson film and this, seeing as all his films are interconnected.
  • edited December 2017
    I'm having a really hard time imagining Tarantino dialogue in a Star Trek film.
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois

He is a fan and I can honestly say I have never watched a movie of his i didn't loke.  
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i think it's a silly idea TBH. i love me some Tarantino flicks but i really wish he would have done a unique sci-fi idea if he wanted to go the sci-fi route.

• All his films are in the same universe, so I have to ask, is Jules theoretically part of the Star Trek universe now?