The Crown - Season 2

My husband and I finished season 2 of The Crown the weekend.
I don't want to get too spoilery, as it hasn't been out that long, but ... WOW.  It was so good - we absolutely loved it!

I think it's pretty safe to say that if you watched and liked the first season of this show, that you'll enjoy the second season.  I have a few minor nit-picks, but overall .... the story is amazing, great performances by the cast, beautiful costumes and settings ... I can't wait to talk about this show with you all!
Elisa

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I liked the first season, but I've yet to finish the first episode of season 2. I find the marriage drama so, so boring. Is this the arc of the season? Ugh, pass. I liked the show when it was about a woman coming into power.

But I am curious if it IS the main arc...
    Elisa
  • Well, the marriage drama is always there, but it's mostly in the background (until it's not).  There's all sorts of historical events going on that they focus on, but yeah, marriage drama going on through it all.
    Bummer.
    April_May_June
  • I totally understand.
    There's a lot more than marital drama though ... there's more about her uncle (the one who gave up the throne), more about Phillip's family, more about her sister Margaret, Elizabeth growing into her role as queen, Charles is starting to grow up ... etc.  I was so interested in all that that I kind looked over the marital stuff.
    I also really enjoyed the use of facts/real photos at the end of some of the episodes.  It was very effective!
    JaimieT
    I think I'll try again. If I don't like it, it's not a quality issue though. The show is definitely quality. It's just a matter of how tolerant I am of having themes rehashed, and that's directly related to how interested I am in those themes. Evidently I'm not as interested in The Crown's themes as others, but that doesn't mean the themes aren't interesting. Here's the point I'm dancing around: sometimes I pan a show because I think it's actually bad, but I want to say I'm not doing that in this case, lol. The stuff you mentioned was a thing in season 1, though. But what are they going to do? It's based on real life. It's like, The Crown Season 2: Life Intensifies.
    April_May_June
  • JaimieT said: 
    It's like, The Crown Season 2: Life Intensifies.
     :D 

That's perfectly put!    :)

I just realized that The Crown is kind of like a soap opera, but the people and events are real.  And it's beautifully made and acted.

Season 3 will be like: You thought shit got real in season 2?  You haven't seen anything yet!

:D 
    JaimieT