808 - How It’s Gotta Be (Midseason Finale)

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
808 - How It’s Gotta Be

Midseason Finale

Director: Mike Satrazemis

Writer: David Lesley Johnson and Angela King

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Lots of teaser press out there saying we’ll be talking about this episode for a while.  
  • Hey, the thread got created before the episode aired, that's a good sign.
  • I’m quite certain we’ll be talking about this episode. Probably not in the way AMC is hoping though. 
    Mofojones333xulsolar22cdriveMurderbear
  • cbspockcbspock San Antonio, Texas
    It feels like they forgot how to write a well structured episode this season 
  • 15 minutes into this episode and I quit. It's going to be my first week relying only on the podcast to get caught up. I have punisher, the dark, etc episodes to watch, instead of wasting it on this incredibly telegraphed finale.
    MurderbearGredalBeePangs
    I'm out. This show has completely fallen apart like a ripe walker 
    GredalBeejayjaejai
  • Fuck off, Gimple.
    MurderbearGredalBeecdrivemwspiakgoodbar79jayjaejaiKurt
  • How the fuck can you think it’s a good idea to have TWO face montages in one episode?
    MichelleMurderbearcdriveSonja121187Spookycat4rkcrawfLadyDahDah
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Why didn't Rick just slam Negan in the head when he had Lucille in his hands???
    He had the opportunity!
    MurderbearKela15jayjaejai
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    sbench2 said:
    How the fuck can you think it’s a good idea to have TWO face montages in one episode?
    Second time this season we've had two in one episode.
    Demic
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Spoiler was right... details were off a bit but still. Im
    devastated.
    cdrive
    15 minutes into this episode and I quit. It's going to be my first week relying only on the podcast to get caught up. I have punisher, the dark, etc episodes to watch, instead of wasting it on this incredibly telegraphed finale.
    I'm with ya. I'm done wasting more time on this show. I'll just wait till Tuesdays and the fellas can catch me up.

Good on you for making it out Chandler Riggs. Have fun in college. Get a haircut my dude.
    GredalBeecbspockDoubleA_RonMegGryffindorMichelleKela15
  • IMO would have been more effictive to have a gun shot at the end (we know they have to). 
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    I will say if they were going to kill him off, I’m kinda glad they did it like this. Like “oh yea I guess this show about the zombie apocalypse that people can get killed, by ya know, zombies. Almost forgot.”
    Murderbear
  • cbspock said:
    I'm out. This show has completely fallen apart like a ripe walker 
    Holy Futz!

What if the show is a brilliant metaphor for the zombie apocalypse?!?!

What if this is the most genius meta work of all time?  Are we too plebeian to appreciate it?

Are we the fools here?
    MurderbearGredalBeeTaraC73
    Hahhahahahahahah. Yes. Dick kick remixes of all dick kick remixes indeed. I was laughing my ass off.  So fucking stupid. My wife to the show at the end “Ffffffffuck youuuuuuu” lololol

what shit 
    GredalBee
    I guess they just cut and run, and they don't even have to fight Negan now. Just move on to another location 

• Welp, time to update that Watching Dead cover art!

Makes me wonder if Gimple & Co are starting to massively diverge from the comics in part to avoid comparisons to the (vastly superior) source material.  Would make sense, especially if Kirkman is out of the picture.
    edited December 2017
    - - 
  • Didnt watch the episode yet, but it’s it confirmed Carl dead? or is there room for a dumpster ?
    MegGryffindor
    gguenot said:
    Didnt watch the episode yet, but it’s it confirmed Carl dead? or is there room for a dumpster ?
    He got bit a couple episodes ago rescuing Siddiq apparently.
    gguenotHatorian
  • Ahhh. rip
    gguenot said:
    Didnt watch the episode yet, but it’s it confirmed Carl dead? or is there room for a dumpster ?
    How do you dumpster a bite?  Get Maggie's doctor to operate and try to cut out any infection?  It's in the blood though by now, surely.
    Murderbeargguenot
  • I mean... would you be surprised at this point?
    MurderbearMichelle
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    gguenot said:
    Gimple confirmed saying “the bite will play out as bites play out in the show". But sounds like he will be back for one last adventure "He added that Carl, right now, is alive and he has some business to attend to" 
    edited December 2017
    Talking Dead Nicole Brown is fuckin street team. She just put out of her mouth “this season’s story arc has been so satisfying” 

Your sitting next to Gimple, but really?
    UnitedinOrangeSonja121187
    gguenot said:
    I mean... would you be surprised at this point?
    Good point.
    gguenot
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    edited December 2017
    kuman07 said:
    gguenot said:
    Gimple confirmed saying “the bite will play out as bites play out in the show". But sounds like he will be back for one last adventure "He added that Carl, right now, is alive and he has some business to attend to" 
    Of course, you have the Carl dying episode.

Possibly the How did Carl get bit episode.

The How did Morgan get Ezekiel out episode.

The How did Carol end up down there episode.

The How did Eugene and Gabriel make it there episode - possibly combined with how did (we assume) they get the Dr. to Hilltop episode.

The Daryl, Tara, Rosita episode.

The Who the fuck cares about Oceanside episode - likely combined with Enid killed an elderly person but it's probably going to be fine and who remembers who the fuck Oceanside is in the first place episode.

The "Hey, does anybody remember Rick saw a helicopter 3 years into the Zombie Apocalypse episode and never mentioned it to anyone" episode.  That could be important.

There's 8 flashback episodes.  And maybe they work in the end of the war in the last 15 minutes of the next half-season.
    MurderbearjarrodtbBobby ZhypergenesbSonja121187Gazrustywright4Kurt
    I hear one episode will be nothing but face montages...
    gguenotDrKentoncicacdriveGredalBeeMichelleggalasso@gmail.comTaraC73Phoebes89DoubleA_Ronand 10 others.
    I hear one episode will be nothing but face montages...
    That's how it's gotta be now!
    MurderbearKurt