resource scarcity

Gasoline and medicine should be the most scarce of resources, right? In the show, they make a big deal over how they're running out of bullets, but half of each episode is gunfire.  Bullets don't go bad, but medicine and gasoline does.  I mean medicine has expiration dates, and If i leave gas in my lawnmower in the fall, it won't start next spring.  Are these plot holes, or has Eugene figured out how to refine gasoline?

Comments

• voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    edited December 2017
    yeah, my understanding is that normal gasoline would be useless by now anyway... but that's the least of my problems with this show.  :dizzy:
  • Somebody tell Ezekiel.  He just blew up 6 months worth of gasoline for a diversion.
    Murderbear
  • yeah most petrol/gasoline would be off in the first 3 or so months but if there were Diesel engines it would be more probable considering you create Bio-Diesel, even though some of the ingredients might be scarce now. 

Medicine has a used by date but this is because its effectiveness is diminished as time goes on but hey there is plenty of other crap in this show to be more worried about
  • They seemed to care about those details many seasons ago, but at this point not so much.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Also, has Eugene been making bullets? Are the Saviors just confident he'll make a crap ton more so they don't mind blowing through what they had left?
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    edited December 2017
    Just maneuvering food and water to all of these people operating at remote bases should be an enormous challenge.

As for fuel, the good news is Alexandria still has solar panels the Kingdom has tons of fuel.  Can't wait to watch the finale!
    voodooratMurderbear
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited December 2017
    The answer is very simple. There is no way they should have cars this far into the zombie Apocalypse. The most ridiculous thing was the episode they drove like 100 cars to make that huge herd diversion. 

Unfortunately its it’s just something we have to live with otherwise half the episodes is characters walking or they would have to spend a ton of Budget on horses. And we know how bad their animal CGI looks. 

Maybe be in this alternative zombie universe where “zombie media” doesn’t exist all the cars are hydrogen, solar and electric powered