Chandler Riggs' dad has words for Gimple

The shit show continues. Obviously SPOILERS if you actually haven't watched the finale and plan to.

Apparently Carls death had nothing to do with his enrolling in college, as he is taking a gap year to focus on acting regardless. It was all story related and decision that was made without any influence of actor availability. 

Chandlers dad is angry at how it was handled by Gimple when he allegedly told Chandler he would be there another 3 years right before firing him days before his 18th birthday.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/11/the-walking-dead-chandler-riggs-dad/

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    His dad's Facebook name is cringey as hell. Feels like he's just using his son.
    FlukesDeeJovial_Falcon
  • Are we certain this is a Gimple decision or an AMC decision that they’re letting Gimple take the fall for?
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I didn't notice that before. Now I'm disappointed in two adults and feel twice as bad for the kid.
    I hope @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard see this before they inevitably talk about it later 
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I think this is the house Chandler bought in Senoia:  https://www.vrbo.com/1117770

I got it from his Dad's webpage:
    http://www.dadszombieroadtrip.com/

Also speaking about that website, oh man...1998 called and wants its web design back!

Wow his phone number is just out there.  Rabid TWD / Carl fans could just call Carl's Dad all rando.  

Gross. I think he's more upset his cash cow will be going away.
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City

I wonder if that's his given name
    Murderbear
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Yeah, it's hard to know if he's truly upset for his son, or upset that the business he's built in Senoia (on the back of his son's stardom) will be ending.  Either way, it's sad when parents use their children's success and capitalize on it.  Although, if there is easy money to be made and Chandler was all for it, then *shrugs shoulders*.  I don't know.  I still get a little skeezy vibes though.
    Murderbear
  • I can't say anything about the character of the dad one way or the other. Although, I'm sure Chandler doesn't mind his parents making money off of his career or promoting him on social media. There are other issues that can come up with parents who use their kids as cash cows and don't treat them with love and respect that all children should get. But most young people are proud if they can help their parents retire. When a college athlete signs his rookie deal as a professional, often times the first thing he does is buy is parent(s) a new house, car, etc. 

Anyhow, yes his FB account name comes off as more like a promoter account than a real person, and it's cringe-worthy AF. Doesn't mean what he's saying about Gimple lying to Chandler isn't true.

Either way, even the death of a character has become a shitshow.
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    Its slight comic spoilers but its entirety possible Carl wasn't bitten by a real zombie, and it would tie into the next arc.  
  • OliviaDOliviaD Cincinnati, Ohio
    Luke said:
    Its slight comic spoilers but its entirety possible Carl wasn't bitten by a real zombie, and it would tie into the next arc.  
    Except....
    The whisperers don't bite people. They attack them with weapons. They just wear walker skins to move with ease within the herds

• DeeDee Adelaide
    Chandler’s dad seems to be a bit of a nightmare stage parent so I wonder if he was trying to angle for a better pay packet/contract when he was talking about Chandler wanting to leave and go to college a year or so ago and AMC called his bluff? 

Either way, shitty for Chandler and I think they will pay dearly in ratings losses for it. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I feel you on Chandler's dad seeming to be creepy, but I've never heard him have that reputation behind the scenes, and I think I'd have heard something if that were true.  It's so weird, of all the shows we cover I'm by far the most plugged into the behind the scenes gossip on this fucking one.  If he is the president of the Chandler Riggs fan club, as it were, is that so bad?  Chandler started this show when he was not yet 10, what might seem creepy and helicopter parent now might have been fine when things started.
    MichelleDeeElisaAll the ChickensDoubleA_Ron
    Yeah, you're hopefully right. Maybe not creepy as much as it is just striking while the iron is hot. Hopefully it's a good environment he's grown up in and it only looks kinda weird from the outside.
  • Given the way AMC paid TWD stars, a side hustle may have been necessary.
    Murderbear
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I feel you on Chandler's dad seeming to be creepy, but I've never heard him have that reputation behind the scenes, and I think I'd have heard something if that were true.  It's so weird, of all the shows we cover I'm by far the most plugged into the behind the scenes gossip on this fucking one.  If he is the president of the Chandler Riggs fan club, as it were, is that so bad?  Chandler started this show when he was not yet 10, what might seem creepy and helicopter parent now might have been fine when things started.
    No, it’s not bad, per se, but his whole online presence appears to be CHANDLER RIGGS’ DAD. And he was talking publicly a while back about Chandler wanting to leave and go to college, so it seems odd he would then be so upset that Carl has been written out. 
    Murderbear
  • Dee said:
    And he was talking publicly a while back about Chandler wanting to leave and go to college, so it seems odd he would then be so upset that Carl has been written out. 
    "Chandler wanting to leave" could have been posturing for the contract negotiations.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited December 2017
    lengmo said:
    Dee said:
    And he was talking publicly a while back about Chandler wanting to leave and go to college, so it seems odd he would then be so upset that Carl has been written out. 
    "Chandler wanting to leave" could have been posturing for the contract negotiations.
    Yes, that’s the point I was making.