Can the guys just cover the comics?

So maybe instead of the show they could just cover the comics? They could do one volume per podcast and that would be once every 6 months but make maybe a 2 part podcast or one really long one? Of course with feedback ect. 
Jovial_FalconGeorge

Comments

• Kirkman only writes one of these every 6 months?!
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Kirkman only writes one of these every 6 months?!
    No he writes 1 small issue every month but then 6 of them get released every 6 months as a volume 
    George
  • Ok that makes more sense 
    iMatty94
  • I mean one podcast every 6 months probably wouldn’t be that difficult but I don’t know what the download numbers would be, but hey if they’re going to drop TWD anyways then might as well try it. 
    iMatty94
  • they could do this, but it'd be a real infrequent book club type release...  and they'd have to go back and get caught up (and i think they quit reading the comic at different times).  and while an individual comic doesn't take long to read, catching up on a bunch of them does take some time, they might not want to do that.

i dunno i feel like the show is a turd but the book isn't that great anymore either.  it's not bad, but there are far better books out there.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I don't think Jim has any interest in doing this (he never made it out of the prison arc), and I don't imagine it would be popular even if he did.  
  • So Spake Hubbard. 
  • I don't think Jim has any interest in doing this (he never made it out of the prison arc), and I don't imagine it would be popular even if he did.  
    Damn. Ok. How come Jim did stop reading? I remember why you said you stopped 
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    If you are interested podcastica has a podcast that covers the comics. It's called "under the comic covers". It's no Jim and Aron coverage by any means but it's better than nothing lol.
    iMatty94
  • not really in their wheelhouse and good luck getting jim to read the comics lol
    iMatty94
  • I don't think Jim has any interest in doing this (he never made it out of the prison arc), and I don't imagine it would be popular even if he did.  
    So say we all.
    tom_g
  • I binged the comics last month, and they're really good. It's astonishing how many effective scenes Gimple has thrown away, and for nothing.
    iMatty94voodoorat
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I really think it would only be of interest to comic readers and to those intrigued by it.  Otherwise, you'd have no idea what was going on.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    The comics are much better than the TV series, which is a damn shame, since they could have served as storyboards for the show.  Alas, that's not what happened. 

For whatever reason, comic books just aren't a medium Jim enjoys.  I've tried a million times to get him to pick up Saga, which is right up his alley.  He got bored reading a comic book about zombies, before zombies were played out, during one if it's most memorable story lines. 
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited February 28
    I was falling off a bit during and after the Whisperer war stuff (kind of seemed like just more of the same ala the TV show stuff being endlessly recycled...), but the last few issues were excellent. Heading for some huge in-universe changes if things keep going in the direction they are. And a great main-character bombshell at the end of the last couple issues.

The 'New World Order' arc might be just that, unless our plucky band of adventurers somehow derail everything like they always seem to   :)
  • I’m actually kind of fascinated at the idea of Jim covering a comic book. I don’t really want it to be The Walking Dead, but something like The Watchmen or Y The Last Man or something would be really interesting to get his take on. 
  • voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    redlancer said:
    I was falling off a bit during and after the Whisperer war stuff (kind of seemed like just more of the same ala the TV show stuff being endlessly recycled...), but the last few issues were excellent. Heading for some huge in-universe changes if things keep going in the direction they are. And a great main-character bombshell at the end of the last couple issues.

The 'New World Order' arc might be just that, unless our plucky band of adventurers somehow derail everything like they always seem to   :)
    don't worry, i'm sure it will all end with them fleeing and everybody else dying to a horde.  it always does.