First half of Season 8 wrap up cast

Figured I'd make a thread here so we can talk about how good this first half was and how excited everybody is about the second half! Right? Right?!? Hey, where'd everybody go?

I'll start with something that isn't new but for some reason has really stood out to me as of late. Why is Andrew Lincoln always, LITERALLY, dripping wet in every. single. scene? I mean, I know they are eternally suffering through harsh Georgia summers but why is he always so sweaty? Even when everyone else around him looks fairly normal? When he visited the garbage people he was soaked, while they are clad in black leather out in the open sun in a garbage dump looking completely fine? 

I'm really just curious who makes that call. Is it production or Andrew Lincoln? Like I know some actors have "a good side" or Brad Pitt always eats in a scene but does he think he only does his best work while sopping wet?
Travis

Comments

• He lost a bet with Daryl and has to take all of his showers too.

More seriously, I think I've read women fans commenting on certain male actors looking good that way.
    Murderbear
  • Figured I'd make a thread here so we can talk about how good this first half was and how excited everybody is about the second half! Right? Right?!? Hey, where'd everybody go?

I'll start with something that isn't new but for some reason has really stood out to me as of late. Why is Andrew Lincoln always, LITERALLY, dripping wet in every. single. scene? I mean, I know they are eternally suffering through harsh Georgia summers but why is he always so sweaty? Even when everyone else around him looks fairly normal? When he visited the garbage people he was soaked, while they are clad in black leather out in the open sun in a garbage dump looking completely fine? 

I'm really just curious who makes that call. Is it production or Andrew Lincoln? Like I know some actors have "a good side" or Brad Pitt always eats in a scene but does he think he only does his best work while sopping wet?
    The dripping sweat is how you know Rick is sexy. I think it's in his contract.
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited December 2017
    Over/under on shitty/super pretentious face montages for the back half. Where do you set the line? 10 1/2?
    Murderbear
  • I'm guessing we'll see them introduce mixed up timeline face montages. Truly elevating the art form of face montages.
    MurderbearTravis
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    This is barely related but any excuse to post this is good enough for me. https://youtu.be/pFrMLRQIT_k

I mean, if you want to open and close your season with a face montage, okay. Show us where the people are at the beginning and then end but not two to three times an episode.
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited December 2017
    I'm guessing we'll see them introduce mixed up timeline face montages. Truly elevating the art form of face montages.
    I want them to just start cutting to dramatic shots of sad viewers wondering what the fuck happened to their beloved show that had so much promise.

Also, since @Murderbear opened the awesome montage door... 
    Murderbearjohnnytruantcdrive
    Yesssss
    Travis
  • Since we’re just fucking with the overall story at this point, what other pointless Gimple remixes will we be subjected to next half?
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited December 2017
    Alkaid13 said:
    Since we’re just fucking with the overall story at this point, what other pointless Gimple remixes will we be subjected to next half?
    Carl was actually bitten by not a walker, but a radioactive hedgehog and can now walk through dimensions. He comes to a parallel timeline where Glenn is still hiding under a dumpster, but he is trapped and all he can do is make dramatic faces under a bed of late night Cinemax style instrumental guitar music. You see, he is actually not trapped by walkers, or the dumpster itself, but by Bear McCreary! (Gasp!)
    Murderbear
  • Rick dies, Daryl becomes the main character, his character arc becomes how can a man properly convey his feelings to his followers when he can only speak in wildcat growls. 
    TravisMurderbear
  • Hell, why limit ourselves to fucking up the comic plot lines. Next half ends with with Rick executing Negan, no one has learned anything, mercy did not in fact prevail over wrath, Gimple shows up on the Talking Dead to explain they had to let JDM go for “the betterment of the story”. 
  • Travis said:
    I'm guessing we'll see them introduce mixed up timeline face montages. Truly elevating the art form of face montages.
    I want them to just start cutting to dramatic shots of sad viewers wondering what the fuck happened to their beloved show that had so much promise.

Are you suggesting Carl was bitten by a radioactive walker and will return as an anthropomorphized can of vegetables? Cause I'm in.
    TravisMurderbear
  • Travis said:

Are you suggesting Carl was bitten by a radioactive walker and will return as an anthropomorphized can of vegetables? Cause I'm in.
    I am now!
  • edited December 2017
    I'm waiting for Captain Hindsight to show up and save the day, and explain everything. Then I'm in.

Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited December 2017
    Q: When Scott Gimple "gratifies himself" alone in a forest, does it make a sound?

A: Yes, and it indirectly results in a fantastic podcast every Tuesday.
  • Q: When a tree drops on a Gimple in a forest,  does it make a sound?

A: Yes, the sound of forgiveness.

Travis
    Wow, thanks @Travis. My brain starting picturing that and it automatically cut to a face montage but all Gimple with different looks of determination on his face.
    Travis
  • Wow, thanks @Travis. My brain starting picturing that and it automatically cut to a face montage but all Gimple with different looks of determination on his face.
    Oh no! Shit! Now I'm seeing it too. Here comes the drenched Bear McCreary guitar. No!!!

(huh huh huh, "drenched" huh huh huh)
    Murderbear
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    I say next season the least they can do is start picking episode titles that call back to great lines of zombie dialogue.

8.9 - There's No More Room In Hell
    8.10 - I'm Running This Monkey Farm Now, Frankenstein
    8.11 - Whatchoo Gonna Do, Sarah? Watchoo Gonna Doooo?
    8.12 - They're Dead; They're All Messed Up
    8.13 - Steele, Shoot That Woman
    8.14 - Send More Cops
    8.15 - We Must Stop The Killing Or Lose The War
    8.16 - We're In A Pub! What Are We Gonna Do Now?

Phoebes89
  • Now that they've put this cast out, I'm really getting into the Walking Dead spirit of it and doing a Gimple Remix. I'm listening to the last 10 minutes of the cast first, then 18 minutes in the middle, then I'm going to shuffle around randomly for a while, then I'm listening to the first 15 minutes last.
    DeecdriveGiovanni
  • Loved the two inventive listener ideas on how Carl could survive.  Gimple's spinelessness being the reason he's been put in charge of FTWD unfortunately makes sense.

For your sakes I hope you two find a way to eliminate or reduce TWD coverage; I'm sure you'd rather not lose several hours of your life each week repeating old complaints and adding new ones.
  • Just finished the podcast. Man they could have fucking had it all but just like EA with star wars amc has gotten greedy. At least I've still got my comic to enjoy 
    John_Nada
    I hate every single one of these stupid Carl theories. Let me be clear though, I love how inventive people get theorycrafting but does anyone ACTUALLY believe that's what they are doing? I have zero faith in the production anymore but jesus, there is NO WAY they will do that.

I know the jellyfish didn't specifically say "Yes" to the "Will Carl die next season?" question but he did say (paraphrasing here) "he was bitten and it will play out like a normal bite on this show." Or something like that. We've never seen anyone survive a bite, other than Herschel or anyone else who had to lose a limb. There is no reason to think Carl will survive.

It was just the jellyfish being the jellyfish and not having the spine to say "Yes, we stupidly killed Carl. Deal with it."
    Travis
  • [...] does anyone ACTUALLY believe that's what they are doing?
    No but the whole "wearing zombie guts can make you sick" was a surprise too.
    Dee
    That makes sense at least. It's rotten, decaying blood and guts. I was convinced for a bit he was faking just to get to the doctor or Eugene. Or something. But I guess he is just sick.
  • I mean this is TWD we’re talking about, I absolutely believe it is within the nature of Gimple and AMC to pull off the biggest bullshit and not kill Carl. 
    DeeTravis
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Alkaid13 said:
    I mean this is TWD we’re talking about, I absolutely believe it is within the nature of Gimple and AMC to pull off the biggest bullshit and not kill Carl. 
    Yep, if any of those theories occur (or some other thing that somehow keeps Carl alive) I would not be the least bit surprised. 
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    edited January 4
    Yess...yesss....let the hate flow through you...

Listen notes:

"Pretty Much Dead Already" is still my favorite episode, not just because it was a fantastic gut punch that resolved a meaningful, zombie-related conflict between Hershellism, Shanosity and the Ricktation that stood between them, but also because it absolutely saved a terrible storyline (missing Sophia.)

Missing Sophia could have worked for two episodes. But stretching it out to 30 or 40 or however many it was was tedious.  And then it ends perfectly. So much so that you want to go back and re-edit the buildup so we can get the pace up to where the ending needs it to be.