Comments

• Not terribly surprising given overal positive reviews of this season but good to hear nonetheless. 
    Elisa
  • USA sounded like from the beginning they were going to let this run its 4-5 season course but they probably thought it was going to grow more than it has. I don't know how much this show costs to make but it's not some special effects extravaganza so quitting now probably isn't worth the "USA gives up on prestige TV" kind of optics it'd create.
    Elisa
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    I do wonder if they renewed it with any contingency like HBO did for season 3 of the Leftovers. Either way I'm happy to see USA commit to a 4th season.
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Ecstatic  B)
  • Science!
    Elisa
  • I’m going to post this here, but has anyone realized that if they get to season 5, the last episode will likely be 5_09 .....o_O my mind exploded a little bit with that possibility. I can’t take credit for it, saw it elsewhere...
    ElisaApril_May_JuneFlukesadobo1148Schlupp
  • It's happening. It's happening. It's happening.
    FlukesKingKobraElisa
  • Did people jump ship on the 2nd season? That's one of the down sides of serial stories; if you have a bad season catching back up to the current, better season requires more buyin.

USA sounded like from the beginning they were going to let this run its 4-5 season course but they probably thought it was going to grow more than it has. I don't know how much this show costs to make but it's not some special effects extravaganza so quitting now probably isn't worth the "USA gives up on prestige TV" kind of optics it'd create.

Elisa
  • KingKobra said:
    I’m going to post this here, but has anyone realized that if they get to season 5, the last episode will likely be 5_09 .....o_O my mind exploded a little bit with that possibility. I can’t take credit for it, saw it elsewhere...
    Sweet catch 
    Elisa
  • Did people jump ship on the 2nd season? That's one of the down sides of serial stories; if you have a bad season catching back up to the current, better season requires more buyin.

USA sounded like from the beginning they were going to let this run its 4-5 season course but they probably thought it was going to grow more than it has. I don't know how much this show costs to make but it's not some special effects extravaganza so quitting now probably isn't worth the "USA gives up on prestige TV" kind of optics it'd create.

Yup, there was a drop in viewership (Nielsen Ratings), but this show probably is viewed on a larger basis via other methods (streaming, OD, etc etc). This show also seems to have a fairly high interaction rate, which also may help (sales of seasons/episodes via disc and digital may be good as well as international rights sales). Sure companies hope shows have great ratings for ad sales, but award nominations and word of mouth also help in other areas. 

adobo1148 said:
    KingKobra said:
    I’m going to post this here, but has anyone realized that if they get to season 5, the last episode will likely be 5_09 .....o_O my mind exploded a little bit with that possibility. I can’t take credit for it, saw it elsewhere...
    Sweet catch 
    Thought the same thing, opens the doors to many possibilities. 
    Elisa
  • Not sure if that’s a nice callback or too cute by half. 
    Elisa
  • I wonder if Sesmail will integrate the current debate about net neutrality into the show. Seems like it complements the shows various  themes about freedom, choice, and control. 
    Elisa