Best JCVD movie?

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
We're wrapping up the studio at today, and a debate broke out.  What 3 or 4 films best showcase the talents of Jean-Claude Van Damme?  Usually Jim and I see eye to eye on these things, and we had some lively debate.  So, help us out.  

In this scenario, imagine there is a JCVD film festival.  The festival will end with a showing of JCVD, that's decided, so we take it off the list.  What other 4 films do you pick to honor the man?

Vote here:  http://baldmove.com/best-jcvd-movie/

Comments

• Timecop, hard target, universal soldier, bloodsport
  • No timecop, double impact
  • ArctorArctor The Netherlands
    I'm pretty sure Legionnaire is the coolest. Can't believe no-one else voted that. What's more bad-ass than the French Foreign Legion? JCVD in the French Foreign Legion, that's what!
  • Timecop, Bloodsport, Lionheart, Street Fighter
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    street fighter was a travesty even by the limited JCVD standards (and i still love the game to this day)

Universal Soldier, Timecop and Hard Target
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Super surprised Universal Soldier is getting the nod.  I would have bet a lot on Blood Sport, although I personally could make the argument that Universal Soldier is JCVD at his best.  I haven't seen Legionnaire, and now I want to.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited March 2015
    Oh man, Legionnaire is a solid flick. I always forget about that one. Not surprised about US getting so many nods; it's decent enough. When I think of Van Damme though, his "fighting game" movies are what make him special. Blood Sport, The Quest, Lionheart, and I'm sure one other (not sure if Kickboxer counts since I don't think he fights more than one 1 on 1 fight). Also, always thought it was funny how he played in the Street Fighter movie, and only had one Street Fighter style fight.

I should say, JCVD was my on again/off again favorite action movie star (him and Arnold fought for 1st chair on a regular basis) for years, but now when I watch his movies it's strictly for comedic value. They are all pretty terrible by any "serious movie" standards.

Oh yeah, and how has no one mentioned Hard Target yet? It's a top quality flick in the "people getting hunted by richer people for sport" genre.
  • Street Fighter!!!! My inner child will have fond memories of that movie no matter how horrible it really is..
  • I know it's a terrible movie but Street Fighter is worth a watch if you're a lil drunk and wanna have a good time watching a JCVD movie
  • Street Fighter is a great B movie. If you understand that, its a great movie and one of the better video game movies. Same goes with Mortal Kombat
This discussion has been closed.