Early 2018 shows? January to February

Star trek 7th Jan 
Cw shows 15th Jan 
Twd 25th feb 
Elisa

Comments

• Lest we forget X-files on January 3, follow up one disappointing series with an even more disappointing series. 
    iMatty94Elisaakritenbrink
  • January seems kind of slow to me. 
    SandyWest79
  • Fortunately for TWD fans (or probably unfortunately) there doesn’t seem to be much in early spring next year to conflict with next half season. 
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Fortunately for TWD fans (or probably unfortunately) there doesn’t seem to be much in early spring next year to conflict with next half season. 
    Which makes me think the guys might see out the rest of the season. I'd like to see them do star trek though 
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    The Good Place returns Jan. 4, so I'm looking forward to that. They recently made their extended episodes available, so I might rewatch them prior to the return.

MrXDummyJoshuaHeterlengmo
  • Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (January 5)
    American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace (January 17)
    Elisa
  • X Files
    Ash vs Evil Dead
    Homeland
    Magicians
    .... something else I am forgetting.
    ElisaKingKobra
  • Westworld?
  • edited December 2017
    @gguenot Pretty sure Westworld is now confirmed to be taking the HBO April to June slot that Game of Thrones used to have, so there's still a good few months left before it airs.
    gguenot
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Lemony Snicket, A series of unfortunate events S2 on Netflix Jan 12
    Grace and Frankie S4 on Netflix Jan 18
    Counterpart on Starz Jan 21
    The Alienist on TNT Jan 22
    Mozart in the Jungle on Amazon S4  Feb 16
    Seven Seconds on Netflix Feb 23

KingKobraBrawnTravisJovial_Falcon
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    edited December 2017
    Well, it's still December, but Amazon Prime just launched Peter Moffat's BBC show, "The Last Post." I probably won't get to it until January, but the opening paragraph of one review particularly appealed to me:

Personally, I love period pieces about the twilight of the British Empire. I don’t know about you, but as a student I was never taught all that much about the British in the Middle East and I think most of my impressions of the situation were based on David Lean’s Lawrence of Arabia until well into my adulthood. As it turns out, a lot of interesting things happened. Like the Aden Emergency of 1963, the lead-up to which is the setting for Amazon’s BBC military drama The Last Post.  The Last Post Is an Early Christmas Gift to Lovers of Period Pieces

Other reviews mention a vibe of Mad Men-type period shows (repression and glamour). Sounds interesting enough to check out.

‘The Last Post’ Review: Amazon’s Top-Flight ’60s Military Drama is Both Patient and Powerful

Amazon's South Arabian desert-set British import finds vintage glamor and taut drama in colonial repression.

lengmoElisa
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    this

and this

Michelle
  • The Man in The High Castle should be back Jan or Feb, for S 3. (Previous seasons came out in Dec, but they already announced this season was gonna be released later, not until 2018. But hopefully very early 2018). 

The trailer looks very interesting indeed. But beware, it is also dark and full of spoilers! ;)

Doctor_NickJovial_FalconElisaReni
  • gguenot said:
    Westworld?
    Think that's like March maybe 
    gguenot
  • Elisa said:
    Lemony Snicket, A series of unfortunate events S2 on Netflix Jan 12
    Grace and Frankie S4 on Netflix Jan 18
    Counterpart on Starz Jan 21
    The Alienist on TNT Jan 22
    Mozart in the Jungle on Amazon S4  Feb 16
    Seven Seconds on Netflix Feb 23

Counterpart is very intriguing with the Fringe concept and JK simmons.
    ElisaKingKobraJovial_Falcon
  • I watched the pilot for Counterpart last weekend on Starz on Demand (available now). JK Simmons was fantastic, as to be expected. The premise is intriguing, and the execution is solid. On the whole, very promising.
    Jovial_FalconElisaReni
  • @hypergenesb @WintersComingAfterFall that pilot was pretty damn good. Thank you for sharing. Fringe vibes for sure.
    hypergenesbElisa
  • Anyone checking out black lightening on the Tuesday after the flash? Netflix UK 26th for that 
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    American Crime Story - the assassination of Versace starts in Jan too. 
    Michelle
  • @hypergenesb @WintersComingAfterFall that pilot was pretty damn good. Thank you for sharing. Fringe vibes for sure.
    Agreed, thanks for the heads up on this show. 
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Grace and Frankie - Jan 19
    Elisa
  • Letterman's new show on Netflix starts next week. First guest is going to be Obama. 

MichelleJovial_Falcon
  • MichelleMichelle California
    All of my network shows come back this month:  Will and Grace picked back up last night, Project Runway All Stars began their 6th season last night as well, This is Us comes back on Tuesday night the 9th and How To Get Away With Murder returns on the 18th.  
  • I can't think of a single thing apart from twd that the guys cover from January to March 
  • @iMatty94 seems more like a weekly/bi-weekly BM TV which I would be down for. Cover a bunch of different shows that the crew are watching until one of their big hitters.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Any excitement for Altered Carbon?

SandyWest79WintersComingAfterFallElisaKingKobrabazjensterMelonuskcalebthrowerMofojones333letrbuck2006Gan
  • @A_Ron_Hubbard Yep, Altered Carbon looks like it could be interesting. :) 
    WintersComingAfterFallElisa
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited January 6
    Also dropping on Amazon Prime next week is the anthology series Philip K Dick's Electric Dreams. Definitely Amazon's reaction to Black Mirror, but it's got solid list of talent involved, and of course great source material, so I'll be checking it out.

ChinaskiElisaggalasso@gmail.com
  • MrX said:
    Also dropping on Amazon Prime next week is the anthology series Philip K Dick's Electric Dreams. Definitely Amazon's reaction to Black Mirror, but it's got solid list of talent involved, and of course great source material, so I'll be checking it out.

Didn’t this air already on the BBC?
  • Any excitement for Altered Carbon?

We've just been watching Hap & Leonard and James Purefoy is very watchable in that so we're in for Altered Carbon..
    ElisaMofojones333