Nintendo Switch

anyone playing Zelda BOTW or Super Mario Oddesey? Got the system for my kids and my hubs and I are playing these 2 all the time. I’m not a gamer but maybe I’m becoming one. 
russkellyDrewNaugustine

Comments

• I'm playing them all the time as well with my girlfriend!  I already played a fair bit of games before but it's been getting her into playing them as well!  I've found Zelda is a good game to catch up on podcasts.
  • my son has been playing through odyssey, i started botw last night.
  • Mine is waiting for one of the games I have on my rentals list to arrive. Either zelda mario zenoblade or skyrim 
    russkelly
  • I can relate -  I bought the switch for xmas and these two games as well.  Haven't played odyssey yet but my teenage kid  loved it and I will try it soon.  The Zelda game was terrific, was my binge-thing over the holidays.   One can waste a lot of time on that game easily :) I am not much of a gamer either so was a nice diversion/change of pace.  Probably will add Mariokart to the collection next for the switch.   
  • I've had my Switch since April and the only games I have for it are Mario Odyssey, Zelda BotW, Mario Kart 8, and 1-2 Switch. Mario, Zelda, and Mario Kart are the 3 "must-haves" on the console.

1-2 Switch is cool, but it gets stale fast unless you have multiple children or parties a lot.

I have a PS4 so I mainly use the Switch for Nintendo exclusives.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    @darwinfeeshy Im a PS4 owner as well, but luckily my best friend has a Nintendo Switch and almost no time to play it. Borrowed it to knock out Zelda and then bought Mario. Knocked that out and gave it back along with the new game. Figure thats how the triple AAA titles will go. I'll just borrow his console, buy the game, and then return them to him along with a birthday or christmas card that says "Enjoy your used game, fucko."
    darwinfeeshy
  • The hell is this?

Chinaski
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Cardboard toys released on 4/20! You do the math!
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    The hell is this?

damn. just damn!
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Yeah, people are losing their heads over this thing. If I were a kid, I'd be on this like white on rice. But I bet adult Nintendo fans are getting upset that they get announcements like this, but not larger first-party Nintendo property games. 
  • Woah!!
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Good on Nintendo, it's a risk but expanding the form like this is always a good thing even if it only appeals to kids. Everything doesn't always have to be for everybody, if it is it's probably boring.