U.S. Politics Part 5: Same old Thread...Just New.

New Year, new thread....same old forum rules :)
Alkaid13April_May_JuneBrawn

Comments

• Hey, now I won’t get new message updates every few hours. 
  • 2018 ... Politics Thread Episode 5 ... The Lib Snowflakes Strike Back.

Happy New Year all!
    CretanBull
  • I didn't put much thought into naming the thread, anyone with a better idea is welcomed to make suggestions!
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Hey, now I won’t get new message updates every few hours. 
    Does this mean that I'm going to get flooded with notices all year?!
    MrXBrawnSandyWest79
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    Happy New Year! May 2018 be better than 2017. (2018 being the hot, smart, compassionate, successful bisexual badass, and 2017 being the cannibalistic, albeit well-dressed, serial killer who ruins everyone's lives.) 

CretanBullSandyWest79TaraC73
  • So far, this is the best U.S. Politics thread we've had.
    CretanBull
  • it's all downhill from here.

CretanBullSandyWest79TaraC73
  • *barely crawls past the 2017 line into 2018* 

JaimieTdarwinfeeshy
  • Haha!

I remember when Bill Maher gave Obama a $1 million donation because the idea of Milt was so scary...now there isn't a liberal in America who wouldn't trade 8 years of Milt for the the remaining two years of Trump.
    JoshuaHeterCogentxx
    Most of us ask this every day, but how much more deranged can he get?

• Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
     pavlovsbell said:

This motherfucker's gotta go--why aren't we in the streets? 
    pavlovsbellCretanBullApril_May_JuneSandyWest79TaraC73
    I seriously doubt either one of them has seen their "button" in years.

Frakkin TCretanBullDoctor_NickJoshuaHeterFlukesSandyWest79TaraC73DaveyMacCogentxx
  • sean.raysean.ray Texas
    edited January 3
    @CretanBull don’t you mean the remaining 6 years?
    Spookycat4
  • sean.ray said:
    @CretanBull don’t you mean the remaining 6 years?
    Don't you mean months? :)

April_May_June
  • sean.raysean.ray Texas
    edited January 3
    @CretanBull I hope you know I said that in good humor. I would never single anyone out in an ugly or negative way.
    CretanBull
  • sean.ray said:
    @CretanBull I hope you know I said that in good humor. I would never single anyone out in an ugly or negative way.
    Yup, it's all good - my adding a smilie face was meant to convey that :)
  • I thought so. But it’s tough to tell over the internet!
    CretanBull
  • Sarcasm and playful joking is somewhat difficult to convey over a textual medium. I usually just point out when I’m joking to avoid confusion. 
  • Bannon is quoted in a new book calling DJTJ’s Trump Tower meeting with Russians treasonous amongst other things.

DJT reacted predictably (from Washington Post):

“Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party.”

Trump continued, “Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn’t as easy as I make it look. Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country. Yet Steve had everything to do with the loss of a Senate seat in Alabama held for more than thirty years by Republicans. Steve doesn’t represent my base — he’s only in it for himself.”

#TiredOfWinning

• emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    Frakkin T said:
     pavlovsbell said:

Why aren’t you in the streets? 
    JaimieTBrawn
    LordBy said:
    Bannon is quoted in a new book calling DJTJ’s Trump Tower meeting with Russians treasonous amongst other things.

DJT reacted predictably (from Washington Post):

“Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party.”

Trump continued, “Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn’t as easy as I make it look. Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country. Yet Steve had everything to do with the loss of a Senate seat in Alabama held for more than thirty years by Republicans. Steve doesn’t represent my base — he’s only in it for himself.”

#TiredOfWinning

I thought that was funny. Bannon let his contribution to the successful campaign get to his head. He’s a rabid dog at this point 
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited January 3
    Frakkin T said:
     pavlovsbell said:

Why aren’t you in the streets? 

Yep.

I condemn Trump. But I'm sick of hysteria. 

If you think we should be in the streets, get in the streets. Otherwise when I/we think we should actually be in the streets, we'll be dealing with thousands of people with seared consciences (as the KJV Bible puts it). Basically you ignore your conscience so much, your conscience nerves don't work anymore; you're all numb.
  • GOP is going to self-implode, tom_g / baldmove forums / 3-jan-18
  • I can’t wait for the first-person-on-the-record tell-all-books to start coming out in 2022 exposing the way this administration, and Trump himself, works. The allegations they’re trying to walk back and call fake news really sound about right to me, and the need for anonymous sourcing while he is in power is an easy target for the #MAGA crowd.

I do think that Trump has lost Breitbart at this point, and actual journalism part of Fox (not Hannity, Fox And Friends, etc.) looks to be headed slowly toward rebellion also.
    JaimieT
  • I listen to the Commentary podcast, which is one of the original neoconservative magazines of the GOP.  And they fully expect a slaughter of the GOP in November, despite the economy.  tom_g said:
    GOP is going to self-implode, tom_g / baldmove forums / 3-jan-18

• Now suing to block publication.

He’s really going to make this a best-seller, and if he gets himself proactively involved in civil litigation, he may be setting his own perjury trap?

The leader of the free world has apparently been out of control raging about Bannon and this book for at least a full day now because it cannot be allowed that someone talks smack about him. And this on the heels of a public button-size contest with a nuclear power. That doesn’t make me feel secure, how does it make you feel?
    LordBy said:
    Now suing to block publication.

He’s really going to make this a best-seller, and if he gets himself proactively involved in civil litigation, he may be setting his own perjury trap?

The leader of the free world has apparently been out of control raging about Bannon and this book for at least a full day now because it cannot be allowed that someone talks smack about him. And this on the heels of a public button-size contest with a nuclear power. That doesn’t make me feel secure, how does it make you feel?

Not not secure?

More of the same, this stuff. Not that it isn't newsworthy. 
    Brawn
    I predicted last year that Trump would quit before he was ever impeached because he's too proud to go through that process. He likes popularity too much.

This week is really looking good for my theory.

And even if I did think he was the type to blow the world up because he lost, I don't think he has any say over a nuclear weapon launching. Oh sure, on paper he does. But I mean reality. And that's as conspiracy theorist as I'll get.
    And perfect karma for that vote suppressin’ Virginia Democrat, she just lost the lottery drawing for the seat.

no mainstream media articles up yet, but local VA reporters have tweeted the result in the last 10-15 minutes 
    BrawnColdRolled7