Dark (2017) - Spoilers and discussions

I'm pretty new to this forum thing so i don't really know where to start. There is another forum post about the show in general but i want to dedicate this one to spoilers. I just want a place to discuss this awesome show. For those of you not in the know Dark is pretty damn compelling show on Netflix. If you haven't watched it yet, what are you doing here!? Clearly, you made a wrong turn somewhere. Go to Netflix and binge. We'll be here when you get back. 

Now that we got that out of the way. Lets get into the real nit and gritty. SPOILERS inbound.

What the heck is going on. First, Lets all agree that Helge got the short end of the time-travel lottery. But the ending involving kid Helge going into 1986. Does that mean that the coarse of history has changed? Or is it predestined, like the rest of the show seems to imply? 

Second- What do you think happened to Old Jonas? Did he just cease to exist?

Third- Jonas in Future, what now?

Fourth- Hannah Kahnwald (Jonas' mom) is an evil, manipulative, crazy, PoS. That is all.

Fifth- Will Ulrich return to his original time?

Sixth- Is Father Noah future Bartosz? I got a feeling he is

There is more i would like to ask but this should be a good start. feel free to ask your own questions or discussion topics.

P.S. if we can somehow get Jim and A. Ron to watch and podcast this show. That would be amazing.

Comments

• @Ahmed_R A.Ron said in a lunch recently that Cecily talked him into checking out the pilot and found it to be good enough to watch the whole thing, so if that happened, my guess is there will be at least a Bald Move TV episode about it.

Anyway, I won't even attempt to theorize on your questions, lol, but I'll throw in my two observations I wrote down in the other thread previously:

1. Still not buying that Helge had a child with his mental state, and no introduced love interest either. My guess is his son is a rescued time travel child, but who?

2. Alexander (Regina's husband) has got to be also a time traveller (most likely from the future). And his original name, Boris Niewald must be a mashup of Nielsen+Kahnwald.
    ElisaAhmed_Rggalasso@gmail.com
  • LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No answers for your comments, but good questions. I want to re watch, and draw a map like they show. It drew me in hook line and sinker. 
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Ahmed_R said:
    I'm pretty new to this forum thing so i don't really know where to start. There is another forum post about the show in general but i want to dedicate this one to spoilers. I just want a place to discuss this awesome show. For those of you not in the know Dark is pretty damn compelling show on Netflix. If you haven't watched it yet, what are you doing here!? Clearly, you made a wrong turn somewhere. Go to Netflix and binge. We'll be here when you get back. 

Now that we got that out of the way. Lets get into the real nit and gritty. SPOILERS inbound.

What the heck is going on. First, Lets all agree that Helge got the short end of the time-travel lottery. But the ending involving kid Helge going into 1986. Does that mean that the coarse of history has changed? Or is it predestined, like the rest of the show seems to imply? 

Second- What do you think happened to Old Jonas? Did he just cease to exist?

Third- Jonas in Future, what now?

Fourth- Hannah Kahnwald (Jonas' mom) is an evil, manipulative, crazy, PoS. That is all.

Fifth- Will Ulrich return to his original time?

Sixth- Is Father Noah future Bartosz? I got a feeling he is

There is more i would like to ask but this should be a good start. feel free to ask your own questions or discussion topics.

P.S. if we can somehow get Jim and A. Ron to watch and podcast this show. That would be amazing.

************ Going to attempt to answer your questions or at least discuss more.

ONE- My understanding is that they were stuck in a time loop and that predestination was involved.  Who started everything? Ulrich? Claudia? Old Jonas? Noah? We don't know for certain.  Helge and others like young Jonah and Ulrich try and go back to change things, but either fate takes over or Claudia or Noah stop them from changing things.

TWO- I think OLD Jonas might have blew up the power plant and started the whole dystopian society and viscious cycle again.  Young Jonas is still alive and so Old Jonas could live again at some point.

THREE - I think Young Jonas will try to change things again, now that he is in the future.  I don't know but that young girl on the tank looked like his Ma, a young Hannah.

FOUR- Agreed lol

FIVE - I think Ulrich is stuck in 1953.

SIX - I thought this for a moment, but I believe Noah has blue eyes and Bartosz has brown eyes, so no.

Here's to a marvelous Bald Move TV on DARK.
    ggalasso@gmail.com
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Reni said:
    @Ahmed_R A.Ron said in a lunch recently that Cecily talked him into checking out the pilot and found it to be good enough to watch the whole thing, so if that happened, my guess is there will be at least a Bald Move TV episode about it.

Anyway, I won't even attempt to theorize on your questions, lol, but I'll throw in my two observations I wrote down in the other thread previously:

1. Still not buying that Helge had a child with his mental state, and no introduced love interest either. My guess is his son is a rescued time travel child, but who?

2. Alexander (Regina's husband) has got to be also a time traveller (most likely from the future). And his original name, Boris Niewald must be a mashup of Nielsen+Kahnwald.
    Great ideas and insight.  The other odd thing about Alexander is he also has that Emerald Tablet and tri-circular Celtic ruin/marking tatooed on his back, like Noah.  Hmmm....
    ggalasso@gmail.com
  • @Reni That is actually very interesting. 

1) That could be possible. My only issue with this is that i don't think Helge could pull one over on Noah.  Noah seems like the type of guy to have complete control of a situation. I like this theory a lot though so i hope to see something like this happen.

2) Alexander being from the future is pretty interesting too. I thought this at first too. would be awesome to get incite on this. Especially since he seemed genuinely afraid of Hannah. Though i wouldn't be surprised if this was just another red hearing. This show likes to throw a lot of those
    ReniElisa
  • @Elisa Thanks for trying to answer all of my questions, I know there is a lot of those lol. I just wanna ask why you think Ulrich is stuck in the past? It would seem wasteful to have him stuck there.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I just think it’s karma. He was a shit teenager who was an asshole to everyone, even though his brother disappeared and his mom went bonkers. Later in life Ulrich screwed around with Hannah ignoring his home life. Then he Loses his son and his family falls apart. Then he goes to the past and tries to change the future by killing a little kid, Helge. Lol Ulrich finally gets what he deserves - a prisoner in the past. 
    ggalasso@gmail.com