The X-Files Season 11

kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
Not sure if many people are still watching after last season but curious to hear what peoples thoughts are on last nights episode. I thought it was better than any of the mythology episodes from last season. Overall I enjoyed it. It wasn't great and not sure how I feel about that reveal at the end but I thought the episode was good. Admittedly I have a blind spot for this show and am not always objective but some reviews I have read sounds like most people thought it was better than the stuff from last season, not tough to do though. 
Jovial_FalconKingKobra

Comments

• Great mytho episode. That episode in s7 with scully & CSM was a weird one back then with the whole disc retrevial so trying to tie it in to a "bigger" picture was nice but we'll see how it plays out.

Still not sure if Skinner/Mulder battle we've had in the past is going to work again like it did in the earlier seasons.

I enjoyed finally getting a first name for CSM and the feeling of Musings of a CSM again felt good because that's one of my favorite episodes.

Bring on the monsters.
    kuman07
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    I think I read this season will be more Monster of the Week heavy with only 2 mythology episodes the entire season.
    Jovial_Falcon
  • Yeah, other than the 1st and the last, all the 8 episodes in between are MOTW.
    kuman07Jovial_Falcon
  • It's a sad shell of what it once was. Best to have let it die. But greed! 
    ElisaGarthgou81
  • sean.raysean.ray Texas
    edited January 5
    Wow! I loved this episode. Thank God they retconned that horrific cliffhanger last season, and the alien conspiracy was real.
    Jovial_Falcon
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Well, that was fucking awful. But if I am being honest, the episode flew by, so either I have gotten used to TV episodes being longer and taking their time actually being good, or Chris Carter made the episode so fast-paced that I didn't notice the length of the episode. I think its both, because the camera absolutely never stopped moving. It was like watching someone with ADHD who was hopped up on caffeine write and then direct an episode in the course of one day.

But like I said, I was never bored, so I can understand why people really loved it. But as a fan who watched the dang show since its actual premiere night, it is really sad to see it like this. Everything past the first movie is just fanfic in my mind. Though I will admit Season 6 had some pretty decent episodes. That said, I won't come in here and pile on the show. I think I will watch this season because at this point...why not? I am hoping for a good episode or two. And I guess to see how they wrap things up since it seems Gillian Anderson won't be returning and Carter is saying he won't do it without her...though this is the showrunner who had no problem continuing after Duchovney left. 
    groovydooleyJovial_Falcon
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    I have seen some TV reviewers who either didn't like or just thought this 1st episode was ok, went on to give pretty good reviews for the next 4 episodes which are all MOTW episodes. Fingers crossed.
    Jovial_Falcon
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    kuman07 said:
    I have seen some TV reviewers who either didn't like or just thought this 1st episode was ok, went on to give pretty good reviews for the next 4 episodes which are all MOTW episodes. Fingers crossed.
    I've heard the same thing. So I am trying to keep my hopes up. 
    kuman07
  • Last two episodes were really decent x-files MOTW fare, and its well done enough so that I can see beyond the terrible mythology stuff and appreciate that we’re getting more of the show I love.
    Jovial_Falcon
  • I’ve loved every Ep. This season. Hopefully they keep it up!
    Jovial_Falcon