The X-Files Season 11

kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
Not sure if many people are still watching after last season but curious to hear what peoples thoughts are on last nights episode. I thought it was better than any of the mythology episodes from last season. Overall I enjoyed it. It wasn't great and not sure how I feel about that reveal at the end but I thought the episode was good. Admittedly I have a blind spot for this show and am not always objective but some reviews I have read sounds like most people thought it was better than the stuff from last season, not tough to do though. 
Jovial_FalconKingKobra

Comments

• Great mytho episode. That episode in s7 with scully & CSM was a weird one back then with the whole disc retrevial so trying to tie it in to a "bigger" picture was nice but we'll see how it plays out.

Still not sure if Skinner/Mulder battle we've had in the past is going to work again like it did in the earlier seasons.

I enjoyed finally getting a first name for CSM and the feeling of Musings of a CSM again felt good because that's one of my favorite episodes.

Bring on the monsters.
    kuman07
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    I think I read this season will be more Monster of the Week heavy with only 2 mythology episodes the entire season.
    Jovial_Falcon
  • Yeah, other than the 1st and the last, all the 8 episodes in between are MOTW.
    kuman07Jovial_Falcon
  • It's a sad shell of what it once was. Best to have let it die. But greed! 
    ElisaGarthgou81
  • seanrayseanray Texas
    edited January 5
    Wow! I loved this episode. Thank God they retconned that horrific cliffhanger last season, and the alien conspiracy was real.
    Jovial_Falcon
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Well, that was fucking awful. But if I am being honest, the episode flew by, so either I have gotten used to TV episodes being longer and taking their time actually being good, or Chris Carter made the episode so fast-paced that I didn't notice the length of the episode. I think its both, because the camera absolutely never stopped moving. It was like watching someone with ADHD who was hopped up on caffeine write and then direct an episode in the course of one day.

But like I said, I was never bored, so I can understand why people really loved it. But as a fan who watched the dang show since its actual premiere night, it is really sad to see it like this. Everything past the first movie is just fanfic in my mind. Though I will admit Season 6 had some pretty decent episodes. That said, I won't come in here and pile on the show. I think I will watch this season because at this point...why not? I am hoping for a good episode or two. And I guess to see how they wrap things up since it seems Gillian Anderson won't be returning and Carter is saying he won't do it without her...though this is the showrunner who had no problem continuing after Duchovney left. 
    groovydooleyJovial_Falcon
    I have seen some TV reviewers who either didn't like or just thought this 1st episode was ok, went on to give pretty good reviews for the next 4 episodes which are all MOTW episodes. Fingers crossed.
    Jovial_Falcon
    kuman07 said:
    I have seen some TV reviewers who either didn't like or just thought this 1st episode was ok, went on to give pretty good reviews for the next 4 episodes which are all MOTW episodes. Fingers crossed.
    I've heard the same thing. So I am trying to keep my hopes up. 
    kuman07
  • Last two episodes were really decent x-files MOTW fare, and its well done enough so that I can see beyond the terrible mythology stuff and appreciate that we’re getting more of the show I love.
    Jovial_Falcon
  • I’ve loved every Ep. This season. Hopefully they keep it up!
    Jovial_Falcon
  • I can't believe I didn't realize Karin Konoval played both brother and sister. That was some great acting and of course the Mulder/Scully moments were great. Great ending too for all the shippers out there.

Next week looks like another ridiculous Darin Morgan episode. Can't wait!
    darthcaedus1138
    How great was that episode? Darin Morgan is the best. 
    Jovial_Falcondarthcaedus1138
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited January 25
    I can't believe I didn't realize Karin Konoval played both brother and sister. That was some great acting and of course the Mulder/Scully moments were great. Great ending too for all the shippers out there.

Next week looks like another ridiculous Darin Morgan episode. Can't wait!

Yea loved the throwback "Mulder & Scully bunking up in a seedy motel together in some weird town where someone with psychotic and quirky powers is causing trouble" episode. Vintage X-Files stuff right there, I'm here for it.
    Jovial_Falcondarthcaedus1138
  • I love Brian Huskey. Love him on People of Earth. He killed it for Darin Morgan.
    darthcaedus1138
  • mtron32mtron32 San Diego
    I’m halfway through the first episode and the monologues are trashing this show.  This show is terrible, hopefully it gets bettee
    This show is so far up its own ass.  It’s taking itself far too seriously, i need a motw stat
  • @mtron32 what you do mean " up its own ass"? With regards to the S11 Premiere.
    edited February 22
    @mtron32 what you do mean " up its own ass"? With regards to the S11 Premiere.
    The mythology episodes are real hard to buy into after all these years but don’t have the luxury of the 90s technological quintness.  Plus the addition of trumps face probably Annoyed me that extra inch.  

The countles monologues ala Sarah Conner in T2 was really bad, like they don’t believe the show can stand on its own.

the monster of the week episodes are much better
  • I have enjoyed the MOTW eps so far. A couple have some Mythos in them but it feels more like X-Files this season than S10 for sure.

Hope you enjoy the MOTW @mtron32
    Anyone watch last nights episode? It was very Black Mirror-esque and thought it was pretty good. A little silly but enjoyed and had fun pretty much the whole episode.
    Jovial_Falcon
  • mjmulladymjmullady Indiana
    kuman07 said:
    Anyone watch last nights episode? It was very Black Mirror-esque and thought it was pretty good. A little silly but enjoyed and had fun pretty much the whole episode.
    I really enjoyed it!  I honestly have liked more episodes this season than usual.  I think it's held up well
    Jovial_Falcon
    Agreed, its been miles better than last season.
    Jovial_Falcon
  • That episode had me laughing throughout. Mostly because it was so creepy but Mulder's facial expressions and getting pissed at the Credit Card company was great.

How many words were actually spoken in this episode? Not that it needed a bunch considering the pair were split.

• Man that last episode was creepy. Mr. ChuckleTeeth will haunt me for a while. 

Even though it wasnt the same episode per se this episode reminded me of one of my favorites Die Hand Die Verletzt from the early seasons involving demons(sort of) and not witch craft. 

Only a couple left sadly.
    Die Hand Die Verletzt was a super creepy episode. It freaked me the fuck out as a kid. 
  • @Garthgou81 it also takes place in my home state of NH. I still remember seeing the location pop up on the screen as a kid. Creepshow city for this younling.
  • Might be in the minority, but I really liked the season (series?) finale. I think for what it is (and I know that shouldn’t be something to aspire to) but given how bad the myth was last season, I think it was a fitting end to the series, and that ultimate sacrifice had to be made to save the human race. FAR FAR from perfect, in fact, I’m probably gonna write my own fan fiction to give myself the finale I deserve, but for Chris Carter’s X files. He gave us a honestly good ending.
    edited March 22
    I did some reflecting before the episode and realized I am not entirely sure what is even happening with the mythology anymore LOL. I am not sure going back where it lost me so I watched it but wasn't really into it, it was ok. The Monster of the Week episodes I thought were really good this season, some better than others. But miles ahead of the previous season.
  • The finale should have been a 2 parter. They crammed so much stuff into it.

I liked the ending except for Mulder pushing CSM into the water. Shoot him in the head. Although with CSM potentially having regenerative powers like William, it might not have mattered.

Poor Monica.
    Skinner aint dead yet either.

I guess we'll see in a few years what happens with the franchise now that's part of the Disney world.