Ewen McGregor

edited January 9 in General
He won the golden globe for Fargo!!! Awesome what are some other roles of his that you like? You believe he will be back for Kenobi? Idk why but he made a mark on me with Fargo like never before. I thought season 3 was awesome. Thanks BaldMove for covering it. _Josh B
ElisaSaraetta

Comments

• ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    OMG so many - okay... Trainspotting, Velvet Goldmine, Emma, Black Hawk Down, Moulin Rouge, Star Wars Prequels and of course Fargo S3.
    cdrive
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Down with Love was a fun, ridiculous movie. Trainspotting was a big deal. Also Velvet Goldmine. 
    Elisa
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    The Long Way Round and The Long Way Down. Two different amazing motorcycle journeys get made with his friend. If you're a fan of bikes or a fan of him, they are definitely worth watching!
    JaimieT
  • I'm as big a critic of the prequels as anyone, but if they do a Kenobi movie, it seems like it would be a mistake to cast anyone but McGregor both financially  - a lot of younger people love the prequels - and artistically - he probably gave the best performance of the prequels cast.

Any idea of what the story could / should / will be?

Does Obi Wan get called away from Tatooine somehow? Or, could a Kenobi movie be set before Episode I (in which case, I guess they would recast)? Is there any E.U. stuff to draw from?
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    The Long Way Round and The Long Way Down. Two different amazing motorcycle journeys get made with his friend. If you're a fan of bikes or a fan of him, they are definitely worth watching!

So good. Mostly Round though. 
    Murderbear
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    big ups to Shallow Grave and a movie i saw in the theater 'on a date' where i was all '<fake yawwn!> *sniff* *sniff* <fake yawwn> what? huh? *sniff* just tired' as i was fighting off tears. Big Fish!
  • I'm as big a critic of the prequels as anyone, but if they do a Kenobi movie, it seems like it would be a mistake to cast anyone but McGregor both financially  - a lot of younger people love the prequels - and artistically - he probably gave the best performance of the prequels cast.

Any idea of what the story could / should / will be?

Does Obi Wan get called away from Tatooine somehow? Or, could a Kenobi movie be set before Episode I (in which case, I guess they would recast)? Is there any E.U. stuff to draw from?
    They could come up with stuff during the 18 years. Not impossible for him to leave for a few days for an adventure. (Maybe Yodas in trouble and needs help relocating to Dagobah, I don’t think episode 3 ends with Yoda in Dagobah). They could also do something in Tattoine where he fights some local bad guys.

JoshuaHeter
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    edited January 11
    @Hatorian

or... or... go with me on this. He saves Luke from some sand dwelling street toughs, but then uses the force to erase his memory Men in Black style.

That would be a way to get Jaba and his gang back onto the big screen. I'm liking this more and more already.
  • @Hatorian

or... or... go with me on this. He saves Luke from some sand dwelling street toughs, but then uses the force to erase his memory Men in Black style.

That would be a way to get Jaba and his gang back onto the big screen. I'm liking this more and more already.
    Not sure about the MIB stuff but Obi was powerful with the Jedi mind trick. So I Guess it wouldn’t be completely implausible. 

Definitely would have Jabba involved. 
    JoshuaHeter
    Hatorian said:
    @Hatorian

Not sure about the MIB stuff but Obi was powerful with the Jedi mind trick. So I Guess it wouldn’t be completely implausible. 

Definitely would have Jabba involved. 

Jabba will be in the Han Solo movie, don't you worry. 
    JoshuaHeter
  • @JaimieT

... I'm a little worried (about the Han Solo movie, of course). Think about all the material they *could* include: winning the Millenium Falcon, meeting / saving Chewy, general interaction with Lando, Jaba, Boba Fett, the Kessel Run... what else did I miss?

Not to mention we have at least two new characters who will take up some screen time. Could Han have been given a trilogy? Will they try to pack too much into the stand alone Han movie? Does this thread still have anything to do with Ewen McGregor?
    Jovial_Falcon
    @JaimieT

... I'm a little worried (about the Han Solo movie, of course). Think about all the material they *could* include: winning the Millenium Falcon, meeting / saving Chewy, general interaction with Lando, Jaba, Boba Fett, the Kessel Run... what else did I miss?

Not to mention we have at least two new characters who will take up some screen time. Could Han have been given a trilogy? Will they try to pack too much into the stand alone Han movie? Does this thread still have anything to do with Ewen McGregor?

Poor Ewan.

This is probably the best YT video I saw in 2017.