Any good dating sites in the U.S. you recommend for meeting great American guys?

Hello fellow Bald Movers!  :smiley:

It might be obvious, (oh no, am blushing already... :(  haha), but I find American guys incredibly charming/attractive...! (I'm a Swedish woman). So, I am asking you all, guys and girls both:
If a girl/woman like me, would be interested in meeting a nice American guy, is there any dating site in particular, that would be good/recommended, in your opinion? 

I can specify: I don't mean the kind of site made for just meeting casually, for an evening or so.... I mean a more "serious" site, where people want to meet other people who could be interesting to date, in a more serious way. 

Well, I have probably made a fool of myself, simply by asking this question here, but hey, that's fine.. !    :blush: I think it was worth it, to ask the question...  I think I am brave... sometimes...  :wink:   
JaimieTFlukesstevenduran1240

Comments

• emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    edited January 11
    Hello fellow Bald Movers!  :smiley:

It might be obvious, (oh no, am blushing already... :(  haha), but I find American guys incredibly charming/attractive...! (I'm a Swedish woman). So, I am asking you all, guys and girls both:
    If a girl/woman like me, would be interested in meeting a nice American guy, is there any dating site in particular, that would be good/recommended, in your opinion? 

I can specify: I don't mean the kind of site made for just meeting casually, for an evening or so.... I mean a more "serious" site, where people want to meet other people who could be interesting to date, in a more serious way. 

Well, I have probably made a fool of myself, simply by asking this question here, but hey, that's fine.. !    :blush: I think it was worth it, to ask the question...  I think I am brave... sometimes...  :wink:   
    I would recommend actually visiting America and try doing something social. I mean I don't know how many American expats/students/temporary workers/dual citizens hang out in Sweden that are easy to find, but look into that, many Americans are of Scandinavian descent (like both my parent's families came from Norway) and many travel to see "The Old Country" see if you can't find one like at an airport bar or something, at the very least you won't have to blow thousands of dollars of plane tickets and hotels before you even know if you like him. 

I would just use the standard dating sites popular in the US, match, plenty of fish, etc. but choose a US city as the search criteria. 

Hey I know how you feel though, years ago when I was still on dating websites I saw a lady my age who mentioned she was a Chilena who was studying in a town near me and I thought nothing of it and never messaged her, and now years later I'm booking a tour of Chile because of how many historical and cultural sites I find interesting in that country, maybe shoulda sent an email there..... 
  • @emnofseattle ; I thank you for your advice!  :) As for visting the U.S. I have done that a couple of times and I would like to do it a few more times, when I can. However, that has financial limits, of course..  :) 

I thank you for all your advice! I am looking more into everything...  I am hoping to spend a summer/a few weeks at least, somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, this year. Hopefully that would also lead me to meeting some American guys.. :blush:

I have a guy at work who seems to be interested in me, back here in Sweden, but I am not sure what will happen with that. Probably nothing. :smile:  And then, I will probably be in the PNW and looking around there, to see if there are any cute guys availabe in the summer of 2018...  perhaps even BM fans?!  :smiley:  J/K. 
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    I think we made a love connection here on the board!
    CretanBullNoobieDoozphoenyx1023tom_gGredalBeeUnderwoodJaimieTFlukesMofojones333Noel
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Bumble seems to be a favorite of my female friends who do the online dating thing because the woman has to be the one to initiate conversation. I think it helps cut down on the creeps. From what I gather, there are a few of them, especially on the internet.
    NoobieDooz
  • I think that you're overlooking the obvious....Canadian men are much more handsome and charming :)
    MurderbearNoobieDoozgguenotemnofseattleakritenbrinkFlukesstevenduran1240
  • I think we made a love connection here on the board!
    Sandy seems nice.  Don't wish that upon her.
    MurderbearNoobieDoozphoenyx1023
    edited January 11
    I think that you're overlooking the obvious....Canadian men are much more handsome and charming :)
    That’s not what Canadian women say.....

NoobieDoozCretanBullstevenduran1240
  • In my experience, paid sites will at least give you more opportunity to meet people who are serious about getting into a relationship. The issue with free websites is that there is a lot of spam, robots, etc. I've been on match for a while and have gotten at least a hand full of opportunities to meet some really great women. 
    NoobieDooz
  • I think that you're overlooking the obvious....Canadian men are much more handsome and charming :)
    Haha, perhaps you're right! Sorry, hadn't thought about that. I'll include them aswell in my search criteria...  :) 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Is OKCupid still a thing?  That's how me and Cecily got hooked up.  I thought it was a cut above the match, e-harmony, and plentyoffish-s of the time.  We were 92% compatible, and it's hard for me to argue with the data, haha.  I never had a bad time with anyone I was at least 75% compatible with, they were always fun dates and conversations, and I had a few longer relationships that didn't ultimately pan out but do not regret.
    NoobieDooz
  • gguenotgguenot CA
    edited January 11
    I feel like @A_Ron_Hubbard and I would have been 93% compatible with that 7% being our opinions on TLJ. You really missed out, dude.
    NoobieDoozDee
  • Is OKCupid still a thing?  That's how me and Cecily got hooked up.  I thought it was a cut above the match, e-harmony, and plentyoffish-s of the time.  We were 92% compatible, and it's hard for me to argue with the data, haha.  I never had a bad time with anyone I was at least 75% compatible with, they were always fun dates and conversations, and I had a few longer relationships that didn't ultimately pan out but do not regret.
    Thanks @A_Ron_Hubbard for your suggestion! :smiley:  Will definitely look into that. So glad that it worked for you and Cecily. That site must be doing something right, if people actually get married after meeting there.. :)

And thanks to everyone in this thread who has given advice. Very kind of you! 
    gguenot
  • Oh man.  I've been with my husband since 2004.  Online dating existed back then, but I never tried it, and back then it wasn't anything like it is now.  I wouldn't even know where to begin!
    So I unfortunately don't have any advice to give you, but I wanted to say good luck, and without sounding too Black Mirrorish, that I hope you find your 'ultimate compatible other'.    :) 
    gguenotNoobieDooz
    My insights on this are limited since I have been with my husband since the dinosaur era and people used to meet through regular human contact (or sometimes ads in the paper).

HOWEVER- from what I hear from my single friends, you should look for a service that lets you pick and choose or reject potential dates and prevent random communications from people you don't want to talk to. Unless you are a dick pic aficianado....
    NoobieDooz
    @emnofseattle ; I thank you for your advice!  :) As for visting the U.S. I have done that a couple of times and I would like to do it a few more times, when I can. However, that has financial limits, of course..  :) 

I thank you for all your advice! I am looking more into everything...  I am hoping to spend a summer/a few weeks at least, somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, this year. Hopefully that would also lead me to meeting some American guys.. :blush:

I have a guy at work who seems to be interested in me, back here in Sweden, but I am not sure what will happen with that. Probably nothing. :smile:  And then, I will probably be in the PNW and looking around there, to see if there are any cute guys availabe in the summer of 2018...  perhaps even BM fans?!  :smiley:  J/K. 
    yeah, you want to know a secret? At least if you’re visiting the Pacific Northwest, fly into Vancouver BC, international travel is so much cheaper out of there. 

I would travel so many more countries if I had money lying around to do it with, so far the only foreign country I’ve visited is Canada. 
    NoobieDooz
    My insights on this are limited since I have been with my husband since the dinosaur era and people used to meet through regular human contact (or sometimes ads in the paper).

HOWEVER- from what I hear from my single friends, you should look for a service that lets you pick and choose or reject potential dates and prevent random communications from people you don't want to talk to. Unless you are a dick pic aficianado....
    I for the life of me don’t understand the thought process behind that behavior. 

I for the life of me don’t understand the thought process behind that behavior. 
    Which one? Random dick pics? Me neither. No woman ever wanted that.
  • I found my love through work, but my  "online dating experiences" were all through AIM chat rooms. People have it alot easier these days with all these sites. With that being said I have had friends have success with the typical paid sites. i think most give a trial too so maybe dabble in a few. 

If you ever make your way to Chicago I can get you in touch with some of my single friends. Sometimes just asking people you know to set up a blind date works too. 
    NoobieDooz
  • Simply let Coach determine your Ultimate Compatible Other.
    NoobieDoozcdriveReniApril_May_June
  • An alarmingly disproportionate amount of weddings I've gone to lately were for couples who met through okcupid.
    NoobieDooz
  • @emnofseattle ; I thank you for your advice!  :) As for visting the U.S. I have done that a couple of times and I would like to do it a few more times, when I can. However, that has financial limits, of course..  :) 

yeah, you want to know a secret? At least if you’re visiting the Pacific Northwest, fly into Vancouver BC, international travel is so much cheaper out of there. 

I would travel so many more countries if I had money lying around to do it with, so far the only foreign country I’ve visited is Canada. 
    Its odd because international travel is much cheaper here, but when it comes to flying to America it's WAY cheaper to get a USA domestic flight.  For me (in Toronto), it's cheaper to drive down to Buffalo (an hour and a half away) and pay the outrageous parking fees at the airport for two weeks rather than have a friend drop me off at the Toronto airport and not pay for parking at all.

Last year my girlfriend and I went to Las Vegas for a friend's wedding.  For the two of us, return flights from Toronto would have been $900....but we ended up paying $550 out of Buffalo and another $100 to park our car.  It was well worth our time to drive an hour and a half to save $250.
    edited January 12
    @emnofseattle ; I thank you for your advice!  :) As for visting the U.S. I have done that a couple of times and I would like to do it a few more times, when I can. However, that has financial limits, of course..  :) 

Its odd because international travel is much cheaper here, but when it comes to flying to America it's WAY cheaper to get a USA domestic flight.  For me (in Toronto), it's cheaper to drive down to Buffalo (an hour and a half away) and pay the outrageous parking fees at the airport for two weeks rather than have a friend drop me off at the Toronto airport and not pay for parking at all.

Last year my girlfriend and I went to Las Vegas for a friend's wedding.  For the two of us, return flights from Toronto would have been $900....but we ended up paying $550 out of Buffalo and another $100 to park our car.  It was well worth our time to drive an hour and a half to save $250.
    So round trip from YVR (Vancounver international) to Aeropuerto Internacional Comodoro Arturo Benitez (Satiago de Chile) is between 850 and 1200 dollars depending upon the day. (oh this is on LATAM airlines) to go from SeaTac to Santiago is 1700 round trip. like at that rate I'm probably just going to either take Amtrak to Vancouver for 40 bucks (probably less because I'm a guest rewards rider) or see if there's a bus that goes to YVR airport. 

YVR to Heathrow is substantially less, and flights to Asia are less. 

I don't know where you normally fly or how you Schedule it, but Amtrak's Maple Leaf line from from Toronto to Buffalo and only charges 50, and you don't usually have to pay for baggage, so it might save you some money if you know how to navigate transit on the Buffalo side to the airport. 

CretanBull

We're trying to keep people from "shithole countries" like Canada out of here, dontcha know
    CretanBullNoobieDooz
    But yes, my aunt, who lives on Vancouver Island, often will make the laborious trip to the Seattle airport before flying back home to the Midwest rather than fly out of Canada.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    You don’t have to be lonely, try Farmersonly.com

<3
    akritenbrinkDummygguenotNoelNoobieDooz
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Audition for Love Island! 
    CretanBullNoobieDooz
  • I’ll try and set you up with an American boy if you find me a cute Swede!
    NoobieDooz
    But yes, my aunt, who lives on Vancouver Island, often will make the laborious trip to the Seattle airport before flying back home to the Midwest rather than fly out of Canada.
    She should check out Alaska Airlines because if she books at the right time she can fly from YYJ (Victoria international) to SeaTac then to Omaha for only 80 dollars more each way. At least when I priced it on my Alaska app. 

akritenbrinkNoobieDooz
    She should check out Alaska Airlines because if she books at the right time she can fly from YYJ (Victoria international) to SeaTac then to Omaha for only 80 dollars more each way. At least when I priced it on my Alaska app. 
    I'll mention it next time I see her. I also let her know Paine Field is going to start doing commercial flights later this year, and that's just a few miles from where we live, so that would be a lot more convenient for them because they could just park at my house. 
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    Just don't try Tinder...unless you want a no strings hookup, because otherwise you REALLY have to do a lot of swiping to find someone serious. 

I tried it for a hot second but now I just keep it to swipe through and send my friends the funniest profiles I come across. Last week it was a guy who's profile picture was his ass-cheek displaying his Red Bull tattoo. 
    letrbuck2006