Come "Sail Away" with Me! Friday, 1/12/2018 @ 3pm EST

2»

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks for watching everybody.  I'd like to finish the trip when there is more daylight to be had.  Maybe get started 1pmish on a weekend or something.
    FreddyMichelle
  • Hey A. Ron, I dropped you a note a couple of years ago, but you be sure to let me know when you're ready to take the helm for real.  You'll have to make it down to the New Orleans area.  Family friendly (and booze friendly) trips.  SailVelvetElvis dot com.
    FreddyA_Ron_Hubbard
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I'm watching this while doing some work. Half listening. Honestly, I understand doing the Groundhog's Day thing and not commissions... it has a tiny chance of going viral, and that's usually worth pursuing.

Also now I understand why A.Ron liked Moana as much as he did. 
    bennytube said:
    Hey A. Ron, I dropped you a note a couple of years ago, but you be sure to let me know when you're ready to take the helm for real.  You'll have to make it down to the New Orleans area.  Family friendly (and booze friendly) trips.  SailVelvetElvis dot com.

Yeah! I actually talked about that on the virtual  voyage, we were just too busy last year, but man I want to make that happen!! 
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited January 2018
    Man this got really funny at the end.

"Are there sounds associated with this?"
    "Oh yeah, the wind is howling." 

(The music is very pleasant meanwhile.) 
  • I know the point is conversation and sailing, but can we add some song requests? Is there a way to mute the music so we can get some jazz sailing or techno sailing?
    If it's royalty free. Otherwise twitch mutes the audio. Any suggestions? 
  • gguenotgguenot CA
    edited January 2018
    Ah

edit: I just realized that’s not a good response to your question lol— no suggestions, I’m totally fine with the stream as is, just throwing it out there
  • @gguenot

... the Happy Birthday song just entered the public domain. So, that's a start.
    gguenot
    I know a lot of streamers I follow have a library of what they invariably refer to as "chill beats" they use, I'll ask one of the smaller guys who'll actually respond and see what's up. I think the dramatic sailing music would get old past round 2.
  • due to working away for a few weeks i missed this one, but it looks like twitch no longer has this video. Did it make its way onto the youtube channel at all guys?

• I think A. Ron should sing sea shanties for the entirety of the stream.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    I think A. Ron should sing sea shanties for the entirety of the stream.
    The idea of A. Ron fucking up all the lyrics and never singing off key is quite poetic.
    darwinfeeshy
  • @phil_neko ; yea same here missed it. I think Twitch used to do 14 days of saving a video before it was gone. But that was 2016 when I use to stream GTA so I have no idea if it's changed.
  • @phil_neko ; yea same here missed it. I think Twitch used to do 14 days of saving a video before it was gone. But that was 2016 when I use to stream GTA so I have no idea if it's changed.
    Yeah, it's still 14 days. If Baldmove paid Twitch $9 a month, their archived broadcasts would stay around for 60 days. Hopefully they will get to the point where that's worth it.
    It's worth it already, we just forgot. I didn't want the sail away stuff to go away. We'll probably get this squared away more in advance of the Groundhog Day stuff. 
    Michelledarwinfeeshyphil_neko[Deleted User]