Leah Remini investigating “cult like” religions on A&E

Comments

• So is she going to be covering every religion?
    akritenbrinktom_g
  • KingKobra said:
    @jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard

If you were given a call, would you consider appearing? Lots of downsides, I would imagine. Who needs that hassle? Upside... publicity(??)
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Not at all, I'm thinking of reaching out.  It's probably too late and I don't know if I have unique insights anyway, but I'm really glad people are shining the light on abusive cults.
    DoubleA_RonKingKobraJoshuaHeter
  • A. Ron - You should totally reach out. You are a master storyteller and a media professional. As someone with hours in front of the microphone, your experience shows. Think about the quality of the Paul Haggis interview versus some of the everyday folks. You could deliver the goods in a professional manner.

JoshuaHeterDoubleA_Ron
    Well, I did it.  I private messaged every social media account I could find connected to Leah and the documentary.  We'll see what happens. If anyone has better contacts I'd try that if I haven't heard anything in a few days.
    JoshuaHeterKingKobraGredalBeeJaimieTDoubleA_Ron
  • Well, I did it.  I private messaged every social media account I could find connected to Leah and the documentary.  We'll see what happens. If anyone has better contacts I'd try that if I haven't heard anything in a few days.
    Or if you “disappear” we know who to look for...
    GredalBee
    Ha! I'd like to see them try. They don't have that kind of muscle! They don't have Tom Cruise muscle. They don't even have crazy guy following you around with a camera 24x7 muscle. Once you get past their "we can take your whole friend and family circle away from you" play,  which admittedly is an incredibly strong play, they ain't got shit. 
    JoshuaHeterKingKobraFlukes
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    edited January 16
    Ha! I'd like to see them try. They don't have that kind of muscle! They don't have Tom Cruise muscle. They don't even have crazy guy following you around with a camera 24x7 muscle. Once you get past their "we can take your whole friend and family circle away from you" play,  which admittedly is an incredibly strong play, they ain't got shit. 
    If by some remote chance they were able to drag you and/or Jim underground... I'm confident the Bald Move Army would spring into action. We'd find you and have you back in your podcasting chair within 48 hours. Because... as the forums have shown this month... that seems to be about the longest we can go without new content.
    hisdudeness915akritenbrink