The Handmaid's Tale Season 2

I love this show, and am so glad they've made another season!
But after watching the preview, I'm not sure if I'm ready!   :o

Elisaphoenyx1023Schluppakritenbrink

Comments

• ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    It looks amazing. Can not wait. 
    April_May_June
  • Praised be. He sent us good tv shows this year. :-)
    April_May_JuneElisa

• "Nolite te Bastardes Carborundum"
    Schlupp
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    I feel the same way. I hope they release them one at a time like they did last season. Otherwise it would be too much.
    April_May_JuneElisaNoobieDooz
  • I read this great article where the writer was like 'I'm excited for season 2, and will watch every episode and love it, but screw Elizabeth Moss and Samira Wiley for being such great actresses, and this show for being so good, and screw Margret Atwood for writing this book and making me feel this way".  She says that this show has redefined 'hate watch' for her. 
    I get it, and am right there with her!    :D
    ElisaNoobieDooz
    I read this great article where the writer was like 'I'm excited for season 2, and will watch every episode and love it, but screw Elizabeth Moss and Samira Wiley for being such great actresses, and this show for being so good, and screw Margret Atwood for writing this book and making me feel this way".  She says that this show has redefined 'hate watch' for her. 
    I get it, and am right there with her!    :D
    It's definitely intense. I almost started an argument with my husband when he said something very mild I disagreed with about it after watching one episode. And it speaks to a certain feeling that's in the air nowadays.
    April_May_JuneSchluppElisa
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    edited January 18
    Has anyone else seen or heard of this?

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0099731/

It's rated 31% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes (praise be). I have 1word for @A_Ron_Hubbard and @Cecily... livewatch!
    Has anyone else seen or heard of this?

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0099731/

It's rated 31% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes (praise be). I have 1word for @A_Ron_Hubbard and @Cecily... livewatch!
    Of course, young person. That was the first adaptation. :)

I don't think I have seen it, but it's hard to remember now. I'm surprised it has poor reviews with the stellar cast and Harold Pinter writing it. But I did just basically watch the entire film through all the stills they have on IMDB and the tone of it looks a little too odd and bright. 
    JoshuaHeter
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Has anyone else caught the season finale yet?  OH. MY. GOD.
    That's all.  Damn, that was good but yet so heartbreaking.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Michelle said:
    This whole season was heartbreaking. I knew, when she spent the first two or three episodes free and alone, that it would come back around and crush her. I haven't seen the finale yet but I am dreading what's going to happen. This is an exquisite show, from the writing to the acting to the set & costume design. A great achievement.
    MichelleShum
    Frakkin T said:
    Michelle said:
    This whole season was heartbreaking. I knew, when she spent the first two or three episodes free and alone, that it would come back around and crush her. I haven't seen the finale yet but I am dreading what's going to happen. This is an exquisite show, from the writing to the acting to the set & costume design. A great achievement.
    100% agree, and E. Moss is *killing* this role.  Her face acting alone in the last few episodes of this season is just perfection.  I've also come to have a great appreciation for Yvonne Strahovski, who plays Serena. She really does some great work this season, but especially in the finale.  And how, how I hate the character of Fred Waterford.  I mean, he is just truly despicable.  But bringing it back to E. Moss, damn, her acting is *on point* this season.
    ShumNoel
  • ShumShum Utah
    Just caught the finale and this show just continues to impress me more and more. Totally agree about Elizabeth Moss and I've been an Yvonne Strahovsky fan since Chuck and Mass Effect 2.  They've both really shown off their acting chops this season.
    Michelle
    Aw man, Serena broke my heart.  Between what happened to her after she finally got the courage to stand up, then giving in at the end for the greater good (trying not to be spoilery) and her tears...   I love that June calls her by her first name as a way of connecting with her on a base level woman to woman.  I hope Serena finds her way to Hawaii next season.
    Shum
  • April_May_JuneApril_May_June California
    That finale was amazing, and super powerful!

Elizabeth Moss is an absolutely amazing actress!  Everyone in this cast in incredible!
    ShumMichelle
  • This is easily the best show I've watched so far this year. Yvonne Strahovski has really knocked it out of the park this season, playing such an interesting and conflicting character. Great performance all around though. I had a feeling that Bradley Whitford's story would end the way it did, and I'm so glad. I needed it in a pretty dark (not to mention timely) season.
    ShumMichelle
    I was so scared for Emily in the car ride scene though!  I thought she was on her way to doom. :cry:
    April_May_JuneNoel
  • April_May_JuneApril_May_June California
    Michelle said:
    I was so scared for Emily in the car ride scene though!  I thought she was on her way to doom. :cry:
    Oh my gosh, ME TOO!  The whole episode was tense, but that scene in the car was the worst!  I really like that Annie Lennox song, but I don't think it'll ever be the same for me after that - I was completely freaking out for poor Emily!
  • SPOILERS

"Holly" (where June ends up in that wintered estate) was perhaps the most intense episodes of television i've seen in recent memory.

Overall season two really shined in those few episodes near the end, but I thought the finale was rushed, and that June is kind of foolish for staying behind.

I know she want's to get Hannah rescued as well, but it seems that that would be easier to do after rallying in Little America.

With that being said, that decision is clearly made to support Waterford drama in S3 :D

Oh, and it was fan-fucking-tastic seeing Aunt Lydia getting shanked.
  • hitmy said:
    SPOILERS

"Holly" (where June ends up in that wintered estate) was perhaps the most intense episodes of television i've seen in recent memory.

Overall season two really shined in those few episodes near the end, but I thought the finale was rushed, and that June is kind of foolish for staying behind.

I know she want's to get Hannah rescued as well, but it seems that that would be easier to do after rallying in Little America.

With that being said, that decision is clearly made to support Waterford drama in S3 :D

I don't know that getting Hannah back will be any easier in Canada (although June would be more likely to survive there for sure). Luke and Moira have been in Canada for a while now and haven't been able to effect any real change. They were able to get the letters published but that was only because Nick put them in Luke's lap.

I hope June gets in touch with the new Commander and maybe he can hide her in his house and they can plot the revolution together.

• hitmy said:
    SPOILERS

I don't know that getting Hannah back will be any easier in Canada (although June would be more likely to survive there for sure). Luke and Moira have been in Canada for a while now and haven't been able to effect any real change. They were able to get the letters published but that was only because Nick put them in Luke's lap.

I hope June gets in touch with the new Commander and maybe he can hide her in his house and they can plot the revolution together.

Sure, Gilead has been pretty resilient so far... but as we can see at the end of the season, there are revolutionary forces gaining strength, both within and without. The handmaid letters being released really seemed to have rallied the world against Gilead (June hears on the radio the increased sanctions against the government). The wives and the marthas expressing malcontent (The Marthas underground railroad that got Holly out, and the Wives that backed Serena).

I mean, maybe the patriarchy of Gilead can rally and lockdown the people within, but it seems only a matter of time before outside forces start rolling in, especially if June had made it out and voiced her story. 
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I love Janine, she’s so funny. Also, Madeline Brewer is my new TV crush. Her one-eyed acting skills are always on point. The end of “Women’s Work” (where she’s with her baby sitting next to the window) had me bawling. As did a lot of scenes this season.