RIP those who died in 2018

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    edited January 15
    I can't even with this news.  :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Fuuck she was so young, that sucks. Cranberries were definitely one of my early faves when I was really getting into music in middle school.

Another good one for those of us who grew up on "MTV Unplugged":

Michelle
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    So sad.. She was about my age, just a little older. Loved the Cranberries in the 90s.
  • Ugh, I saw them a few years ago.  Horrible.  
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline

Also, "You're a real motherfucker, Mr. President"
  • I’m really starting to hate this thread
  • Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
     :'( 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    No shit!? Aw damn, he was pretty awesome in just about everything I saw him in. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    jhpark said:
    Yeah, he passed on Sunday, if memory serves. That bummed me out. If anyone wants to see him really knock it out of the park, is one of the patients in the second season of In Treatment. He is fantastic, and I feel like that show was really under-appreciated.
    Dummy
  • Mahoney has a great interview on Fresh Air that was just (re?)broadcast
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I’m really starting to hate this thread
    Whenever it pops up my heart always sinks a little.
    hisdudeness915phoenyx1023
  • edited February 10
    Reg E. Cathey, from The Wire and House of Cards. RIP I loved him from the moment I saw him in Oz. One of the great subtle actors.
    edited February 26
    Rest in peace, Emma Chambers.  She was a brilliant comedic actor.  She was known best for her role as Alice Tinker, starring alongside Dawn French in The Vicar of Dibley.  I absolutely love this show and she will be terribly missed.

• Mofojones333Mofojones333 Fort Worth, Texas
    RIP to the great Tom Petty. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Michelle said:
    Rest in peace, Emma Chambers.  She was a brilliant comedic actor.  She was known best for her role as Alice Tinker, starring alongside Dawn French in The Vicar of Dibley.  I absolutely love this show and she will be terribly missed.

fuck. that totally bums me out. RIP :'(
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:

fuck. that totally bums me out. RIP :'(
    I know.  My favorite part of each episode was at the end when the vicar was telling a joke to Alice, who wouldn't get it and then would have some logical (to her, anyway) reasoning as to why it didn't make any sense.  *So* funny.  She had impeccable timing and was just hilarious.
  • Just found out Stephen Hawking passed away today.
    The world has lost a brilliant man.  I'm heartbroken.    :'( 
    FreddyChinaskiRenibazjensterdarwinfeeshy
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited March 14
    Just found out Stephen Hawking passed away today.
    The world has lost a brilliant man.  I'm heartbroken.    :'( 
    Aside from whatever the hell HBO puts together before the end of the year, Bald Move should do something. In the spirit of the community: Jim and A. Ron owe "God" knows how much to the man.

On a more personal note: A man like Stephen Hawking is the type of person I have trouble expressing feelings about. In my eyes, he transcended modern humanity, if such a thing is even possible. For most people of science, he's a justification for why. For most people of faith, he's respected. Not very often you can be both. I damn sure know I'm not either, but I'm alright with that struggle knowing that I got to live in the same time as people like Hawkings and Sagan. edit: wow... that felt pompous.

ChinaskiApril_May_Junehisdudeness915
  • Sucks about Hawking.  Funny though, I can't say I ever thought about what nationality he was and sort of did a "huh, he was british, didn't really know that" type of thing when I saw it this morning.  Guess in a way he transcended what country he was from and it was more about what he brought to the world.
  • sucks.  especially now we need more guys like hawking, not less (i know, i know, fewer).
  • Sucks about Hawking.  Funny though, I can't say I ever thought about what nationality he was and sort of did a "huh, he was british, didn't really know that" type of thing when I saw it this morning.  Guess in a way he transcended what country he was from and it was more about what he brought to the world.
    you couldn't tell from his accent?
    JaimieTFreddyChinaskidarwinfeeshy
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Hawking was born in my hometown of Oxford, been a week of high profile losses for us, also with the passing of Roger Bannister, the first man to run a sub 4 minute mile.
    voodoorat
  • voodoorat said:
    Sucks about Hawking.  Funny though, I can't say I ever thought about what nationality he was and sort of did a "huh, he was british, didn't really know that" type of thing when I saw it this morning.  Guess in a way he transcended what country he was from and it was more about what he brought to the world.
    you couldn't tell from his accent?

Sounded like a southern twang mixed with a far eastern accent to me, :)
  • Hawking died on March 14 aka Pi Day ... seems pretty fitting circle of life etc etc
  • Isao Takahata, co-founder of Studio Ghibli and director of Grave of the Fireflies, Pom Poko, and The Tale of Princess Kaguya, has passed away today at 82.

Miyazaki gets more (much deserved) attention, but Takahata's films are amazing. Everyone talks about how Grave of the Fireflies is the saddest thing ever, but I would also recommend people watch Pom Poko. It's a great film.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited April 6
      :( Pom poko - so good. 
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    RIP Benny Hope and Teddy Perkins
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    Two RIPs

One for Art Bell, the founder of Coast to Coast AM I remember listening to some of his special shows before he retired for good, I remember back in 2010 He would host special episodes from the Philipines, He recently married a filipino woman actually only a few years ago and just moved back to Nevada in 2013, if you're not familiar Coast to Coast AM is a late night conspiracy talk show, Bell founded it and retired about 2002 from that show. he died Friday

Also 

Just today R Lee Ermy "The Gunny" from Full Metal Jacket died today.