Studio Tour

Holy wires, Batman!  :astonished:

Thanks for the tour, @A_Ron_Hubbard.  I always enjoy these behind-the-scenes moments.  Best of luck with your upgrades.  :smile:
ChinaskicdriveJoshuaHeterJTKIII

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    can we have Letterman interview @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard next season?
    russkelly
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    This was really awesome. Thanks @A_Ron_Hubbard !
    JTKIII
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    It's so weird... As much as the grass roots spirit touches the heart strings, little shit like this really makes the community feel like home. War Bald Move.
  • What is the monthly electric bill like??

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I don't know because we pay a shared building maintenance fee of 170 per month that includes that. But probably not too bad. The two computers are 1000w, but they aren't used full power all day every day, and all of our lighting is LED.

We really should take more advantage. Get a bitcoin mining operation going, or something, haha. 
    darwinfeeshy
    RE: wires, yeah, it didn't look too bad until this December when I tore  a bunch of stuff up putting the live watch setup together, added those HDMI splitters, ran the mic cords, etc. I've been wanting to clean it up, but since we're changing things in the next few weeks and since Jim won't let me change anything if we're less than 24 hours away from recording something it's just going to be a rats nest until we upgrade.

I just realized I'm self conscious about it! I'm like the person with the messy house and company has unexpectedly dropped by. "Oh, you know, the kids have been sick and the dog shit in the floor, it's not usually like this." 
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Geargasms! "Pro gear, pro attitude!"  I love this kind of shit.  Very fun to see behind the scenes at Bald Move.  Jim looked so uncomfortable, it was kind of funny.  Also Jim giving A.Ron shit about A.Ron giving Jim's couch shit.  I chuckled.

Also did anyone catch this little gem?

DON'T LOCK YOURSELF OUT! 

Also I'm going to embarrass someone right now, but @xulsolar22 was all super happy to see the Spock & Capt. Kirk magnet really did make it onto the filing cabinet.

Oh also BM 3.0's facade of BM 2.0 was pretty cool.  There's some labor of love going on at Bald Move.  

• MichelleMichelle California
    I just realized I'm self conscious about it! I'm like the person with the messy house and company has unexpectedly dropped by. "Oh, you know, the kids have been sick and the dog shit in the floor, it's not usually like this." 
    No!  Don’t even.  I was just marveling at the amount of wires and machines you have in operation.  I assumed you had a lot of equipment, but I didn’t realize it was so involved.  It’s all good!
  • edited January 16
    Gotta upgrade that TV boys, come on! It's tax deductible!

I don't know why but seeing the back of the Matt Damon poster was hilarious. 
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City

Hopefully if I ever find myself stranded in Cincinnati, I can count on an old leather couch with uneven ass cheek support waiting for me.

• Mofojones333Mofojones333 Fort Worth, Texas
    I really enjoyed the behind the scenes tour. I always had questions and they were all answered in the video! Thanks ARon and Jim Jones! 
    kuman07 said:

Hopefully if I ever find myself stranded in Cincinnati, I can count on an old leather couch with uneven ass cheek support waiting for me.

Just so you know, when that was an option, I chose to sleep on a rubber mat on a cement floor instead, haha. 
    kuman07
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    @A_Ron_Hubbard If those couch cushions could talk.......

• EMAW42 said:
    Gotta upgrade that TV boys, come on! It's tax deductible!

I don't know why but seeing the back of the Matt Damon poster was hilarious. 
    haha that was my first thought ... gotta get that sweet 4K HDR for all the Netflix shows! It was seriously amazing for Godless.
    Is it a noticeable difference?  Every time I'm in front of one at a store I'm just not sure...
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I'm still barely noticing the difference between 720p and 1080p.
    gguenot
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited January 16
    Is it a noticeable difference?  Every time I'm in front of one at a store I'm just not sure...
    I don't think 4k on its own makes a big difference (unless you're sitting close to the screen, which looks like you guys are), but HDR and other technologies like local dimming definitely do (or and OLED screen of you want to spend more). 

My best real world test was that I started Stranger Things on my previous 10 year old LCD and then switched to a new Sony tv a few episodes in, the change was definitely noticable, especially in a lot of the dark scenes.

• I can't really see a big difference with most 4k stuff, but I recently started Planet Earth II on my Dad's 4k TV and it looked amazing! 
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    I like how the last thing we see is A.Ron's face of frustration from unresponsive tech.
    Reni
  • This was excellent and very insightful. Thanks for the tour!
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Graham said:
    I like how the last thing we see is A.Ron's face of frustration from unresponsive tech.
    Black Mirror : Season 5
    darwinfeeshyMichelle
  • Cribs: Bald Move Edition
    darwinfeeshyMichellecdrivejohnnytruantMofojones333
  • Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe
    Great tour of your set-up. Glad to see the bottle of Jura has found good company in the Bald Move liquor cabinet!
  • Cribs: Bald Move Edition
    I was expecting a  "This is where the magic happens."
    cdrive
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited January 18
    Cribs: Bald Move Edition
    I was expecting a  "This is where the magic happens."
    A few close buds and I have had this running inside joke based off Mr. Show's Taint episode when David Cross is giving a tour of Taint Mansion.  So when someone is having a hang out, whoever's place it is the guy will say "This is where it alllll happens...Want any aspirin? Wanna make a phone call? Cause you can if you want! These are the days!"  Yeah it's pretty stupid.
  • Is the tour a members only video?
    Is the tour a members only video?
    Yes, the video is marked premium and is for club members only. Good news is club bald move is super cheap and well worth it. 
    Freddy
    Is the tour a members only video?

Nah, it's a freebie. Not that the Club ain't totes worth it, haha, it the tour is for all to enjoy. It's supposed to be. I just looked, and it says it's public, but if it's not, I'd have to fix it. Because it's supposed to be free. 
    Oops! Well, it did say premium on the picture on the homepage. 
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited January 19
    Oops! Well, it did say premium on the picture on the homepage. 
    That's because it's a premium product. Just at that freemium price.

Although... it might just be that A. Ron's head and face is the premium product, and not the tour itself.

MichelledarwinfeeshyMofojones333