Black Rain

thanks to A Ron and Jim for the Podcast. I really enjoyed it, and I look forward to It Follows.

take care, and thanks again!
KingKobradarwinfeeshy

Comments

• Thanks for buying the commission! Huge fan of the movie and was thrilled to find the episode.

I can't wait for the sequel where Ken Takakura comes to New York and goes full Conklin.
    seanray
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    edited January 25
    Good cast. Black Rain definitely dates.  Even in 1989, we could tell that it was so VERY 1989. Pairs well with To Live and Die in LA. 

And (plug plug for our recent podcast) cinematographer Jan de Bont also shot The Hunt for Red October, a movie from the same era that ages really well. 

http://nattercast.libsyn.com/natter-cast-235-the-hunt-for-red-october
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks for the plug, that's one I definitely want to hear.  THFRO is one of my all time favorites.
    Natter Cast
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Thanks for the plug, that's one I definitely want to hear.  THFRO is one of my all time favorites.
    Definitely a classic. It's difficult to overstate John McTiernan's contribution to action films. Tough to remember now, but back in his day Cobra and Commando set the gold standard :) 

What makes The Hunt for Red October fun is the fact that the Americans and the Defectors are the bad guys. They're trying to steal a couple of billion dollars worth of nuclear weapons. Cooks Assistant Loganoff (uh...spoilers?) is the good guy. He's trying to prevent nuclear weapons from being stolen and he's willing to sacrifice his life to do it.

We definitely need a Cook's Assistant Loganoff solo origin story movie.
  • seanrayseanray Texas
    edited January 31
    Respectfully have to disagree @Natter Cast Defecting to America is never the wrong thing to do. :)