Counterpart on Starz

Anyone else see this? JK Simmons plays two versions of the same man. The world split into two timelines about 30 years ago and there is limited communication and travel back and forth. Some spy/thriller stuff, and the two versions are a mousey low level guy while his counterpart is more on the spy side.

Supposed to be 10 episodes. Will probably watch.
Jovial_FalconElisaMonica

Comments

• I loved the pilot, will definitely watch!
    Elisa
  • We discussed it a little bit in the following thread:
    http://forums.baldmove.com/discussion/4448/early-2018-shows-january-to-february

Its def on my watch list. 
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Watched the pilot on Saturday. Pretty good so far and I am very intrigued.
    Jovial_Falcon
  • Ex-G.O.T actor Harry Lloyd who played Viserys Targaryen was pretty good in it too. Didn't recognize him at first.
    ElisaMofojones333
  • Pilot was very good. JK is amazing. Can't wait to see what he does with this role. Promising concept.
    ElisaMofojones333Jovial_FalconSandyWest79
  • Pilot was very good. JK is amazing. Can't wait to see what he does with this role. Promising concept.
    @hypergenesb ; Agree with every word here..! :)
    Elisa
  • Caught the second epsidoe, going to have to watch again, but it still enjoyable to watch. JK was recently interviewed by Bill Simmons, but they only lightly touched on this show. 
    Elisa
  • Did everyone else see the twist coming in episode 3? I didn't but should have if I were the kind of watcher who goes into shows looking for them.

I like the show a lot. JK Simmons is just awesome. Starz on demand has it available earlier than broadcast time, at least morning of the same day. 
    ElisaKingKobra
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    So far it is really great.  The first episode introduced us to Howard Silk and the knowledge that there is an alt world created 30 years ago in Berlin, because our world was conducting experiments.  Season 2 we got more information on Nadia/Baldwin the assassin from the alt world and clued into the fact that there is a cold war in play that could turn into a full out war for crimes made by our world.  In Season 3, we find more about Howard's wife Emily who was actually a spy and crosser between worlds. Really enjoying the show.  Hope I didn't spoil too much.
    KingKobra
  • Something I noticed while watching epsidoe 3 tonight, there are no birds on the other side. Emily when on “our” side, looks up and around before getting into the car to go home. She wasn’t really looking st anything in particular, but then I noticed the abscence of birds when we were on the other side. Not sure if this is correct, but it was my initial take. Epside 4 was just as good as the 1st three and I’m looking forward to Howard Prime taking a more active role.  
    Elisablacksunrise7
  • This is one of the better TV shows on TV right now. Feels like The Americans meets Fringe
    They are drizzling out just the right amount of information to support a quality spy story without blowing it into an overly complex plot. That's a precarious line to walk. 
    KingKobraElisa
  • @hypergenesb I was trying to figure out what shows this show was like and those are the same two I came up with. 
    hypergenesb
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Two of my favorites but yes!  This show keeps getting better and better.  Cold War Spy/ Alt world Sci-Fi with some comedic moments added, it is just so good.
    blacksunrise7