Vikings Season 5 Midseason Finale TONIGHT!

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
edited January 24 in Other TV
GET HYPE!

Who's ready?  We binged this week to catch up.  I'm so ready.

@Elisa @Heff @Jovial_Falcon @Drew @hypergenesb @Hollyoak @aberry89 @Flukes @steph_b @Hatorian @Emmelyne

ElisaMofojones333Jovial_Falcon

Comments

• I think that happened Sunday.
    Elisacdrive
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    edited January 24
    Going to catch up this weekend, behind about 4 episodes right as everyone's shifting to Katigat, loved the first half so far!  Ivar is a real stand out, that actor is killing it.
    cdriveMofojones333
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    YEEESSS  tonight, cannot wait.  It's my guilty pleasure.   o:)
    cdriveMofojones333
  • Mofojones333Mofojones333 Fort Worth, Texas
    Hooray, the sons of Ragnar and Lags can continue to ruin the LOTHBROK name. Also, I thought the great bee sting last week was great! Haha
    cdriveElisa
  • edited January 25
    Very ready. Not sure what to expect. Will they kill off 1...2... none? 

I really hope they do something good with Lags because I am not a fan of her this season. I was pumped last year when she turned heel but I'm just not on board with her this season.

Alfred has been the shining moment for me this season.
    cdriveMofojones333
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    That bee sting was high-larius! When I saw his eyes I couldn’t hold back from laughing. Dumbass haha! 
    Mofojones333Elisa
  • @cdrive i was confused on what actually happened in that scene at first. Still doesn't make sense from a certain point of view. I think all Vikings fans would have wanted a battle death.  

Elisacdrive
  • Mofojones333Mofojones333 Fort Worth, Texas
    @cdrive, yep, his face was HIGH comedy! Haha! 
    Elisacdrive
  • Vikings is definitely a great show.  I was quite worried with them killing off Ragnar but I think they've carried on very well without Travis Fimmel.  Alex Høgh Andersen who plays Ivar has been amazing.  I really didn't think I'd like so much focus on him and his character but he's done an amazing job.  
    cdriveMofojones333ElisaFlukes
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I didn't watch it yet - busy night with the kids and we just collapsed into bed, but I am really psyched!
  • I thought this episode was fantastic. Rather than simply be a straight up battle, which they have done a number of times, we got these different POVs and time jumps thoughout the event. Beautiful
    ElisaMofojones333Jovial_Falcon
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Loved it, the insight, the regrets and hopes, the thoughts.  What a wonderful midseason finale.
  • I still watch Vikings but no matter how much I want to, I just can't get as immersed in it as I used to. I'm nowhere near as involved in this brother rivalry as I was in Ragnar vs. Rollo's. I loved Athelstan, but don't really care for this new "pet Christian".
    The midseason finale was good and cleverly edited .Ivar's actor is really amazing, and I find Floki's plot interesting. Lagertha used to be my queen but I don't really like what they've been doing with her, like her raping King Harald and shit like that. Not cool. Wish we'd see more Rollo (and maybe we will!)

ElisaJovial_FalconMofojones333Drew
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Ya I don’t think Hirst has recently done a good job with the female characters over the past two years. Lagertha has done a lot of things out of character like killing Aslaug from behind etc.  Astrid gets gang raped because Hirst needs to go for shock value. Though why a queen doesn’t have bodyguards is beyond me etc. 
    Mofojones333ReniDrew
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited January 26
    I thought the battle scene going surreal and time flipping was, well, flipping amazing. It’s like everyone was getting moments of shell shock, like PTSD.  And man was that a gruesome battle. The shield maiden getting her back cut with a shield like she was cochinillo de Segovia. That dude’s arm that was lopped off and hanging by skin!  Fuckin Lagertha straight up severed a dudes head and then picked it up by the hair and used it smash another dude’s face. 

This show is everything.  There was a lull there for a tiny bit but it got back to being rrrrrrrreally damn good again.

ElisaJovial_FalconMofojones333Drew
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    Caught up on the last 4 episodes last night, Ragnar who?  Just kidding, but seriously any doubt I had about the show post Ragnar is completely gone, the kid playing Ivar is insanely good, dude steals the show in every scene he's in, I hope he can get more work post Vikings.

The scene where they crown Alfred King was incredible, I can't wait to see that storyline continue and see the rivalry continue between the brothers.  I'm shocked Bjorn's second wife was killed already, I really liked that character so I'm sad to see she had such a small role.

One character I've hated for a long time was Floki, but I absolutely loved his storyline this season, I kind of feel someone will offer to sacrifice themself over Floki, honestly can't see how that colony would last with that shitty dude and his family still around.

lol at Rollo looking like he's to fucking old to be squashing the beef between Ragnars sons.  Very solid first half of the season, I'll be sad to see Lagertha go but I can't imagine she's surviving part 2 of the season.
    cdriveElisa
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    Elisa said:
    Ya I don’t think Hirst has recently done a good job with the female characters over the past two years. Lagertha has done a lot of things out of character like killing Aslaug from behind etc.  Astrid gets gang raped because Hirst needs to go for shock value. Though why a queen doesn’t have bodyguards is beyond me etc. 
    Honestly thought about this while I was catching up last night.  Judith was absolutely the best part of the season she started politicing with Eckbert and since then she's felt really sidelined, hoping she gets back to them power plays since Alfred is king now.
    Elisa