Official Destiny Fireteam Thread

As mentioned in our latest podcast, Jim and I are looking for likeminded Guardians to help us kick Atheon and Crota's ass and restore humanity to its former glory.  

Here's our destiny page with more info.  I'm not sure what's the best way to coordinate raiding and what not.  Perhaps we can discuss it here.  And if you're like us and struggling to find a play group, maybe this will be useful to everybody.

Comments

• JeramiahJeramiah Richmond Indiana
    I play on PS4, my gamertag is SgtGReYFoX77
    I think we need to push for a new Bald Move membership campaign drive so that Jim can upgrade to a PS4!
  • Best way is probably to confirm a time in advance of each session and get commitment from the players. Weekends are definitely best for me. I am in Singapore so I usually play with US based friends on their friday/saturday evenings. usually sometime after 8PM Central. 

Some weekends are no good though so i cant promise ill be able to join every session. 

my gamertag is Potterman

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    In my case, I can raid every other weekend, and after Justified is over Tuesday nights, which might become my "regular" nightfall/weekly night.  Although, my eight year old also plays, and is fairly good (he's the reason I have a level 29 hunter, haha), so if I can bum Jim's PS3 on those weekends, it would be cool to fill out a team for him to run them as well.  

My first big weekend opportunity is the weekend of the 27th.  Has everyone here run VoG?  I have stayed mostly spoiler free for the raids, and while I wouldn't mind having a sherpa, my ideal scenario is to get some other decent noobs together to run it and kind of figure it out on our own.  Although, like I said, six months from release, I doubt I could fill a six man team with people who are unfamiliar with VoG/CE.
  • Yeah, getting six nubies is a tall order. I agree Jim needs to upgrade to a PS4.
  • I play on PS4, my PSN screename is Foulcun.  

I have a Titan, Warlock and Hunter all level 32.  I raid all the time normal and hard modes and can help sherpa you through if you play on PS4.  I'm pretty patient and often teach/help others.  I PvE most often but do PvP sometimes espeically during Iron Banner weeks.
  • Oh, and I've already sent A Ron a friend request. My tag is tdshum.
    BTW, if you're on my friend list and I got an open slot on my fireteam, feel free to join up.  I have my fireteam to auto-accept.  If I'm on I'm probably running patrols or doing fireteam strikes.  I need 4 more strikes to move my Bad Juju bounty on to the PVP phase, and I'm already there with my Thorn, so I'm probably going to be doing a lot of random PVP this week.  Any time you can knock out two exotic bounties AND get Iron Banner rank, why not?
  • I need to get my player up closer to the rest of the group. I still got some levels to go before I get to late 20s early 30s. I haven't done any raids yet but I'm a vet of shooters and will be able to handle my own.

Guess my goal is to get there by the 27th and then look for the group then.

Btw I'm ps4 forgot to mention.
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I picked up a copy of Destiny this last weekend and I'm really enjoying it.  I've got a mile to go before I can get in on the content you guys are keen to run, but I've found progress pretty quick thus far.  Currently a Lvl 14 warlock with in only a handful of moderate-length play sessions.  

I really enjoyed playing the first strike I got in on (Summoning Pits).  Ran through it a couple times, and really getting a good feel for the game now.

I sent friend invites to both Jim and A.Ron.  My PSN name is WheresYourTowel
  • Just curious if there any Xbox One Destiny players here, I got the One around Xmas time. I know, I know everyone has a PS4 (believe me I heard it all from my 360 friends who are making the jump to the PS4) But I got too good of a deal not to pick up the One and working on saving up for a PS4 as soon as I can, but in the meantime looking for Destiny players.

gamertag:  SheIsGeeky

(just give me a heads up if you send a friend request that you are from the Bald Move community )

edited March 2015
    First off, thanks to everyone who friended me... I have about 50 new friends now. :D  

Any interest in running Vault of Glass normal mode (my first time) on PS4 at approximately 11:30pm EST tonight?  I'm assuming we can get through it in an hour or so?  I'd be taking my well equipped level 31 Sunsinger, so I'd hope we could cruise through level 26 content, haha...

Depending on how long that takes, I wouldn't mind trying the nightfall.  Phogoth is kind of a puss, and we get arc burn, so I bet that wouldn't take long either.  I've never completed a nightfall either, I tried one a few weeks ago solo and got straight up murdered.  Are the rewards good?  Or is the primary benefit the experience perk that lasts all week?
  • I could probably hop on tonight. VOG on normal is pretty easy, but you do have to get the system down, and everyone has to work together. The nightfall rewards range from ascendant shards to exotic drops. And you do get a decent amount of experience. I'm pretty much just going for Hawkmoon at this point.
    Alright, so can I start a normal mode run and just wait on Venus for people to show up? It starts in the public area, right? I'll probably start randomize messaging everyone on line if no body joins my fire team. Anyway, if you see me on Venus, and want to run Vault, join the fireteam!
  • Yeah, that will work.
  • Hey, glad I was able to pop your VOG cherry A Ron.  Hit me up anytime for raids or nightfalls.  I'll keep checking this forum thread.
  • So glad I found this thread.  I just started playing Destiny and have...1 friend.  He is never on so I usually do everything by myself.  Seems like it would be a fun game to play with others.  My ID is JFN1001 please add me.  I've been playing a lot lately.
    Yeah, thanks a lot, finally taking down the Vault was a rush!  @JN101, head over to destiny.baldmove.com to get my PSN tag and add me.  Make sure you mention bald move so I won't think you're a rando.

edited March 2015
    First take down of Vault of Glass by the Bald Move fireteam; post-victory lounge edition:
    I'm of course the hot burnette warlock up front.
    FlukesHatorianTony
  • Nice!  That turned out pretty good!  I'm the moody looking human warlock with the spiky black hair.  The two seductive women sitting on the couch are perfect!
  • Hey, thanks for the shout out on the BCS podcast!  For future reference my screen name is pronounced with a soft "u" as in gum, as in Shumway, which is my last name.  It's also Alf's last name, but we're pretty distantly related.
    Hilarious.  That's what I was calling you through most of the raid, then I heard a couple dudes say "Shuum" and I figure I was just fucking it up, haha.
  • Well you do have somewhat of a reputation for mispronouncing names. Danny says you called him Tinzley's Dad instead of Tinley's Dad, but pretty much everyone makes that mistake, including me.
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Anyone have a regular group going for the weekly heroic strike?  I'm getting tired of watching my teammates meleed to death going in for the palmstrike with Lightswitch on.
    I've not had anything regular, and I have yet to play this week because I've been so busy. I've had 150+ invites in the past three weeks, so nowadays I just get on, msg a few people on my friends list until I find someone who wants to do the weekly/nightfall/raid I want to do and the group form's pretty fast.  I realize that doesn't help you, haha.

What we need is someway to get BM listeners together without me.  I've been thinking of starting a clan, or maybe have a webpage people can put their tags under so they can find fireteam members.

Seems like a lot of peeps do the weeklys on Tuesday, as you get max benefit for the nightfall bonus that way.  Doing nightfalls as a coordinated fireteam have really opened my eyes to how fun the game can be.  When I was soloing them they were miserable, now they're fun and don't take too long at all.
  • TonyTony Harrisburg,Pa.
    Anybody in here feel free to add me. I'm on ps4 the id is TONYDETH.
  • Can we all agree we are going to start a Battlefront team when it comes out? 
    Flukes said:

Anyone have a regular group going for the weekly heroic strike?  I'm getting tired of watching my teammates meleed to death going in for the palmstrike with Lightswitch on.
    Whats your PSN?

I am always up for the nightfall since I rarely do it, but always enjoy it when it happens.  And with three characters, I'm almost always needing to run the weekly too.  If you see me on with a free slot, jump on and see if I've done it.  I usually end up running at least one alt with a group of randos Sunday or Monday before the reset, I'd rather do it with peeps I know.

Although, one thing I notice playing with Bald Move fans for the first time, is we end up talking a lot of TV and as a result, dying a lot, haha.  
    edited May 2015
    I really have no idea of what you are talking about. Even if I did know what you were talking about the deaths should be attributed to alcohol.
    Aww man, Tony, but we're not exlusive.   I hate to tell you but I've been cheating and seeing other Bald Move listeners, haha.