3-5 movies that describe your life

HatorianHatorian Dagobah
edited January 27 in Movies
if you had to choose a few movies that described your life from childhood until now. What would they be?

for me it’s the below. 

1. Star Wars: my childhood was all about fantasy and making up ideas and living in my backyard creating fantasy adventures. 
2. Superbad/dazed and confused; high school definitely all about partying, getting high and (trying to) get  laid. 
3. Waiting: after high school spending my college years waiting tables for Chilis and Ruby Tuesday’s for 4 years
4. Boiler Room: got into the the bank scene from s friends dad and was making 200+ calls a day selling mortgages and then the financial crisis hit
5. Office Space: now stuck in the day to day routine with a family and a decent office job just getting along but obviously not what I wanted to do as a kid
6. Wolf of Wall Street: the life I wish I will have in the future after I become a multi millionaire. Haha ;)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Valley Girl:  Even though I was in high school and beyond in the Bay Area and not in Southern Cali, this still applies to soooooo many kids in my high school... and me, to an extent.  Like, totally.

Sixteen Candles:  I wasn't ever in the popular crowd, and when my mom moved us to the Bay Area I had to find a whole new group of friends.  I found my crew, but we weren't super popular (we just kind of did our own thing).  I had a *huge* crush on a guy in my class who was on the jv football team, and he was kind of popular.  We met in our English class, and started talking, and dated for most of our sophomore year.

Reality Bites:   My 20s in a nutshell, which were happening when this movie was released.  

Sweet Home Alabama:  Okay, I know I'm neither Southern nor in Alabama, but I do identify with the woman who is originally from a small town, who moves to the bigger city and eventually moves back home to that smaller town and the values she was raised with.

When Harry Met Sally:
       Can men and women truly be just friends?  I've been told I'm a total Sally Albright by one of two guys in my life that are totally my 'Harry'.   We're just friends though.. 

cdriveHatorianJaimieT
  • Blank Check: not so much the million dollars but the longing for friends and infatuation with much older ladies as a kid. 
    Man of the House (Disney Movie): Jonathan Taylor Thomas was like my doppelgänger growing up and my parents divorced when I was 7, so I always identified with his struggle to accept and keep and father figure in his life.
    Freaks and Geeks: not a movie but most definitely my experience to a tee going through high school. 
    Knocked Up: now, I did not get my future wife pregnant on the first date, but I was a hopeless stoner when we started dating and she was a prim and proper lady who changed my life very much. And her pregnancy was very similar besides the breaking up and pot. 
    Problem Child: my current state. Two year olds are very, very difficult. 
    HatorianMofojones333
  • Blank Check: not so much the million dollars but the longing for friends and infatuation with much older ladies as a kid. 
    Man of the House (Disney Movie): Jonathan Taylor Thomas was like my doppelgänger growing up and my parents divorced when I was 7, so I always identified with his struggle to accept and keep and father figure in his life.
    Freaks and Geeks: not a movie but most definitely my experience to a tee going through high school. 
    Knocked Up: now, I did not get my future wife pregnant on the first date, but I was a hopeless stoner when we started dating and she was a prim and proper lady who changed my life very much. And her pregnancy was very similar besides the breaking up and pot. 
    Problem Child: my current state. Two year olds are very, very difficult. 
    haha problem child. nice. just wait for the troublesome threes and fearsome fours. 
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Superbad was my high school life, just with more video games.
    MichelleHatorian
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Frances Ha: My life has never been anywhere near as variable as hers is, but this movie describes how alien I feel while still being quite content about it... most of the time. Also I'm 5'11. ("I'm too tall to marry.") 

Lawrence of Arabia: I've done a lot of traveling, so the sense of adventure is there. And psychologically, deep down, I feel extraordinary. ("All right! I'm extraordinary! What of it?") While TE Lawrence was actually pretty extraordinary, I'm not. But then there are some "dark nights of the soul" moments of the movie I identify with, for that. Lawrence of Arabia: the movie for those with a smidge of megalomania. I mean, the movie is amazing for countless other reasons (it's my official favorite) but this is the aspect that overlaps with my psychology. 

Aladdin: It's the first movie I remember seeing in the theaters, and in fact the first movie I remember being excited about rewatching. It has everything I love in a story, and Jasmine. Bless my poor little didn't-know-I-was-gay heart, Jasmine. While being obsessed with a real girl would have outed me, even to myself, I was pretty safe being obsessed with her. I'm remembering this list is about "describing my life"... Well, I've spent several years working on a novel with a genie protagonist, and I identify with Aladdin as an outsider. I was homeschooled, I grew up in a Christian cult as a pastor's kid... I wanted OUT. I couldn't wait to be an adult. ("Someday, Abu, we'll be rich, live in a palace, and never have any problems at all...")

MichelleHatorian