Groundhog Day's "Groundhog Day" Marathon on 2/2/18 @ 12:01AM EST!

Comments

• edited February 2018
    I witnessed the start and finish, I'm sure of that much.

"Grim memories
    and bad flashbacks. Get a grip. Maintain. How many nights and weird mornings
    had this shit been going on ? "
    TaraC73
  • @JaimieT  Thanks for the tip! I was wondering about that. Oh, I hope the guys will leave the video recording up on Twitch if possible, or on their webpage/YT, so we can catch up on the bits we missed.  :) 
    Michelle
  • Mad that I missed the last few hours. I was with you guys from like 5am until about 6pm, minus a dentist appt. Looks like the last few were probably crazy. I think the last time I saw the $$ it was in the $5k range. People must have been going donation crazy. Good work. 

this is barroomher0 on twitch btw.. How do I change my username on here?
    Michelle
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I had a feeling Jim would like the 2nd verse of I Got You Babe. I did NOT know A.Ron was going to go for it and take it to the top like that!  Thanks to everyone who was a part of the karaoke rally.  I thought it would just be me @Wa1kingDistance @JaimieT and maybe just a few watchers in the moment, but that blew up way beyond expectations.

And Freddy....you’re the man now dawg. Way to throw down, player. 

MichelleMBMomMofojones333JaimieTFlukes
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    ”3...2...1...crunch.”  I’m not sure why that made me laugh as much as it did. 
    Michelle
  • I'm sending White Castle to Jim and ARon's home today, just for old time's sake.
    MichelleA_Ron_Hubbard
  • That was really fun last night.  My wife went to bed towards the end and when Freddy's donation came in I must have said Holy Shit pretty loud because she texted me to see if I was OK.

It was like a day-long Lunch or On the Rocks.
    MichelleMofojones333DoubleA_Ron
  • A.Ron calling Jim a “White Sock Supremacist” was definitely one of the highlights for me.
    MichelleKela15BrandonTheBardMofojones333FernNYC17NoobieDoozdaveh
  • As a Cub fan, I am required to hate the White Socks.
    April_May_JuneBrandonTheBardmft9186Michelle
  • when Jim cut on the Blue Yonder music at the end of the marathon i went on the biggest nostalgia trip

BrandonTheBardMofojones333MichelleNoobieDooz
  • Just woke up, and this event now feels like a dream.  Seriously guys, this was a truly amazing experience, and I'm really glad I was able to experience the whole thing (minus a couple cat naps) with you guys.
    BrandonTheBardMofojones333A_Ron_HubbardMichelleNoobieDooz
  • edited February 2018
    For anyone that wants to see the goal being reached again by the mad man Freddy: 

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlazingImpartialWebMcaT
    DrKenJoshuaHeterroxbombersBrandonTheBardOliviaDcdriveRenithe_swedeA_Ron_HubbardMelonuskand 7 others.
  • the delay between the huge over the top donation from Freddy and our BM bros realizing was perhaps the most hilarious part heh

You guys need to have a dedicated donation screen going next time
    darwinfeeshy
  • Well, it's the next day.  I've only just begun my journey back to feeling human but I had to get online to give it up for our community and everyone who made yesterday the craziest / most amazing 24 hours we've ever had at Bald Move. 

You all did some amazing work keeping A.Ron and I entertained in chat and showing your support with donations for the homeless.  Everyone contributed and we all did something awesome together.  I couldn't be more grateful for everything.

On a personal note, one of the most moving moments of this whole experience actually happened this morning after the marathon ended and I got a full night's sleep.  I was laying in bed, browsing some random gaming channels on Twitch where I saw chat after chat filled with truly disgusting people shouting slurs and hatred at the streamers and their fellow chatters.  Then I thought back to the civility and good humor of our community during the charity event.  In 24 hours, I didn't see even a single person say something meant to offend or hurt someone else.  You are honestly the best community of people I've ever seen on the internet and I'm proud to call you Bald Move fans.
    BrandonTheBardDummyShumTom_AOliviaDDrKenthe_swedephoenyx1023mollymvMofojones333and 36 others.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Don't mind me, I'm just reading and smiling ear to ear.
    JoshuaHeterFreddyAussieGregApril_May_JuneMichelleJaimieTDoubleA_RonCecilyhisdudeness915NoobieDoozand 5 others.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I didn’t get on to watch because I was doing other stuff, but how can I still donate? Is there a link somewhere? 
  • I want to see it again, when do we get a YouTube link?
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Jim said:
    Well, it's the next day.  I've only just begun my journey back to feeling human but I had to get online to give it up for our community and everyone who made yesterday the craziest / most amazing 24 hours we've ever had at Bald Move. 

You all did some amazing work keeping A.Ron and I entertained in chat and showing your support with donations for the homeless.  Everyone contributed and we all did something awesome together.  I couldn't be more grateful for everything.

On a personal note, one of the most moving moments of this whole experience actually happened this morning after the marathon ended and I got a full night's sleep.  I was laying in bed, browsing some random gaming channels on Twitch where I saw chat after chat filled with truly disgusting people shouting slurs and hatred at the streamers and their fellow chatters.  Then I thought back to the civility and good humor of our community during the charity event.  In 24 hours, I didn't see even a single person say something meant to offend or hurt someone else.  You are honestly the best community of people I've ever seen on the internet and I'm proud to call you Bald Move fans.
    I may be unexcusably emotional for no good reason, but this made me well up. Glad you guys survived and what a successful night for everyone really. Thanks so much @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard
    MichelleCecilyhisdudeness915FlukesMofojones333
  • Jim said:
    Well, it's the next day.  I've only just begun my journey back to feeling human but I had to get online to give it up for our community and everyone who made yesterday the craziest / most amazing 24 hours we've ever had at Bald Move. 

In my experience, online communities are often a reflection of the people who lead and maintain them. You and @A_Ron_Hubbard should be very proud of what you've built. Ultimately, that is a much richer gift than monetary success. That said, I hope the business side of the BM Empire flourishes in 2018. 

p.s. Bravo Freddy!
    MichelleFreddyChinaskihisdudeness915Kela15FlukesMofojones333
  • Proud to be a bald mover. Hell of a community.
    MichelleFreddyKela15Mofojones333
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Watching the guys being blown away after seeing that they had crested the $10,000 mark at the end of the 24 hrs, then hugging it out and taking a bow after going through this experience together, was just everything.  They're seriously two of the greatest guys not only in the podcasting world, but on the planet.  I'll say it again, I'm proud to be a supporter of them and to be a part of this little community of friends.  Much love to you, @A_Ron_Hubbard and @Jim, and to everyone here.  :smile: :heart:
    FreddyCecilyjohnnytruanthisdudeness915FernNYC17Kela15Mofojones333
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    The hug was definitely the best part. I was setting there with my best friend as we watched it, and we both just busted out laughing and he said "that's what you watch shit like this for."
    cdrivehypergenesbDrKenJaimieTJTKIIIhisdudeness915darwinfeeshyMofojones333
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Don't mind me, I'm just reading and smiling ear to ear.
    I'll bet. That event was so awesome it's almost hard to wrap your head around.

P.S. Fuck Bill Murray for not stopping by. Ha ha
    CecilyDrKenBrandonTheBardhisdudeness915MichelleJTKIIIMofojones333
  • I can’t believe I got to see them eat on stream! Best takeaway from the night 
    FreddyMofojones333
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Jim said:

that made my heart dance. so stoked to have found such a grounded, funny and caring online community. the 2 guys running the show definitely lead by example.
    gguenotFreddyMichelle
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Just watched the end. I propose we add "Freddy" to the lexicon, meaning whenever someone swoops in with a clutch save at the end. Example: "Man, when Jaime was charging Daeny and the dragon, Bron came in with the freddy."

The sound cuts out at the very end of the stream VOD though, which is a bummer. :(
    DrKenBrandonTheBardhisdudeness915darwinfeeshyOliviaDFreddyMichelleSchlupphypergenesbFlukes
  • Freddy busts into the stream like

FreddyMichelleTom_Asbench2Kela15Mofojones333
  • JaimieT said:
    Just watched the end. I propose we add "Freddy" to the lexicon, meaning whenever someone swoops in with a clutch save at the end. Example: "Man, when Jaime was charging Daeny and the dragon, Bron came in with the freddy."

The sound cuts out at the very end of the stream VOD though, which is a bummer. :(
    Great idea although I think to pull a Freddy would be more catchy.  Or like you're not gonna fred your way out of this one. Fred alert.  Fred me! There's also the crazy Freddy but luckily it wasn't needed this time.

• WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
    Even though the day was truncated by work, I had a tremendous amount of fun checking in occasionally. When I finally got home it was full-blast until the end, and it was certainly one of the most fun and overall heartwarming experiences I've taken part in. Proud to be a part of the Bald Move community.

Next time one of these happens, I'm taking off work, and I'm going to pull a @Shum and stick around for the entire thing.

Congrats to Jim & A.Ron, as well as the BM community at large! It's impossible to understate the success of this event.
    MichelleDrKenShumthe_swedeFlukesFernNYC17FreddyMurderbearMofojones333hypergenesb
  • @A_Ron_Hubbard @Jim
    Did you end up like Homer in the Simpson's episode, where he was working ?3 jobs to pay for Lisa's pony, thinking you were hummingbirds due to terminal fatigue?
    bazjenster