Black Mirror Movies

Who can come up with the best season of Black Mirror using 3-6 similarly themed movies?  Here's my best attempt:
1:  Her
2:  GATTACA
3:  Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
EMAW42Chinaskistevenduran1240

Comments

• edited January 29
    1. Her
    2. Moon
    3. Minority Report
    4. Ex Machina
    5. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    6. A.I. Artificial Intelligence

The Island is a great premise for Black Mirror, but it's a shit movie.

Her is the ultimate example; it's one of the most unsettling movies I've ever seen. No movie has really struck the fear of AI into me like Her did. Sure, killer robots and AI taking over the world is a scary thought. But the idea that AI might simply be better than us in every way, even emotionally, was really upsetting to me. Would that make our grand place in the universe simply the harbinger of the ultimate life-form? 
    Shumphoenyx1023CretanBull
  • Not as heavy, but The Truman Show would probably also make my list with some of the others already mentioned
    stevenduran1240
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    <points to profile pic> yup.. Her most def. and agree on Eternal Sunshine and Ex Machina.

gguenot
  • I think a lot of Cronenberg is influential to Black Mirror; Scanners, Videodrome, The Fly, eXistenZ - especially come to mind
  • @EMAW42 mentioned "The Island" which (to me) is just "Logan's Run" with a slightly retooled premise.

If you haven't seen it, it falls into the super weird pre Star Wars Sci-fi of the late 60's / early 70's category. It's worth a watch if you're into that sort of thing.
    ChinaskiEMAW42
    @EMAW42 mentioned "The Island" which (to me) is just "Logan's Run" with a slightly retooled premise.

If you haven't seen it, it falls into the super weird pre Star Wars Sci-fi of the late 60's / early 70's category. It's worth a watch if you're into that sort of thing.
    Logan’s Run! nice which leads me to a giant 10+ hour episode of Black Mirror.. Westworkd 
    JoshuaHeterEMAW42
  • Not a movie but a lot of king novels like The Long Walk and.....The Cell?
    JoshuaHeter
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Requiem for a Dream
    Cloud Atlas
    A Cure for Wellness
    What Dreams May Come
    Memento
    JoshuaHeter
  • I like stranger than fiction for a similar feeling but it doesn't have the technology angle, it's more magical instead
    ChinaskiJoshuaHeter
    jhpark said:
    I like stranger than fiction for a similar feeling but it doesn't have the technology angle, it's more magical instead
    ohhh thats a good one! underrated score too!
  • A Scanner Darkly is another one that comes to mind ... I could see the scramble suit being tech in the Black Mirror 'verse.

You know what would make a great BM podcast - A Scanner Darkly ... a pretty sweet combo of Keanu, RDJ, Winonna, Linklater, Phillip K Dick, and weird-as-hell rotoscope animation.

Mofojones333
  • After the ‘Alien’ series I could see ‘Galaxy Quest’ being something Sigourney Weaver creating as a dream universe where she dictates the story. She must have hated Tim Allen in the 90s.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Harrison Bergeron with Sean "PO-TAY-TOES!" Astin

• Primer & Cube might work.
  • Purge?