30 For 30: The Two Bills

ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
the cold open alone is worth the watch. totally recommend to all my BM sports nerds.
cdrive

Comments

• kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited February 2
    I thought by the title alone it was going about the Buffalo Bills of the 90's. I got it now.

My all time Parcells moment, I saw a press conference where he referred to a injured player as "she" a number of times, and no one said a thing.
    Chinaski
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited February 2
    Yea watched this last night, as a longtime Pats fan I found it pretty awesome. The Parcells-Carol-Belichick era in the 90's was pretty nutso at the time.
    Chinaski
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    This was absolutely fantastic. Then again I'm a lifelong Giants fan. This may sting a bit for Jets and Browns fans. 

Im honestly shocked how long Belichick worked under Parcells. You really don't see that especially with 3 different teams. I wonder how Jets fans who watched it feel about Parcells and Belichick. It seemed like Belichick may have just been tired working under Parcells which still would have been the case if he was Jets HC because Parcells was going to work in the front office.
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    kingbee67 said:
    I thought by the title alone it was going about the Buffalo Bills of the 90's. I got it now.
    haha i thought the same until I saw the commercials for it a few days ago. i figured it was about the bills that were good during the season and the bills that shit the bed in the super bowl, 2 bills!

but yeah i really enjoyed this one. Belichick with emotions blew me away!
  • Very much enjoyed watching this (and had been looking forward to it for awhile).  It was also interesting listening to Francessa on Simmons podcast and Mike saying that there was no chance in hell that Belichick was going to coach the Giants when Parcells left because George Young hated Belichick (the documentary seems to heavily imply that had Parcells told Belichick that he was going to retire that perhaps Belichick would have become the Giants coach) and that it just because a timing issue.
    Chinaski