I guess I'll share the westworld trailer

Comments

• Looking forward to this.  I'll definitely be doing a rewatch and relisten of the Bald Move coverage sometime between now and April.
  • What trailer ?
    gguenot
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Excellent use of "Runaway" on the player piano.  Loved it.
    KingKobraDaveyMac
  • gguenotgguenot CA
    edited February 5
    That scene of them trying to take down the robotic bull running through the lab gave me chills! 
    Murderbear
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Oooh this so cool!
    There was a hidden code in the trailer.  Binary code that translates
    to 52.89.126.34, which takes you to http://delosdestinations.com

I found out about it from the westworld reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/comments/7vdrvu/the_new_westworld_superbowl_ad_contains_a_hidden/

I haven't explored everything yet, but the about page http://delosdestinations.com/#about has a Japanese setting.  Also I read in a trailer breakdown that you can see what looks like a person in a kimono behind Maeve.  

• gguenot said:
    That scene of them trying to take down the robotic bull running through the lab gave me chills! 
    Yes especially when Maeve comes walking in like a boss behind them. 

That and Dolores being a badass has me excited for this season.

Elisa
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    I'm not sure how to express what I'm feeling about that GIF.

Anyhoo - I would not be upset if we didn't learn anything else about the young Man in Black. Or Logan for god's sake. I felt about that whole thing the way Aron does about Usual Suspects.

Maeve and her Pamplona gambit, though - I'm here for that. 
    ken hale
  • edited February 5
    Well, I thought about what a visitor of the park might say, like, "Um, Dolores, can we talk about this? I mean,
    I was always kind to you. Well, most of the time. I mean, what EXACTLY do you remember ? Please, I have powerful friends, I can get you out of here." 
    ****BANG BANG ********

• I thought this trailer was fantastic and totally agreed with A.Ron about “Runaway” on the player piano. It fit the trailer perfectly. 
    Elisa
  • Shit, I'm not ready.  That trailer gave me anxiety.  On a critical note, and making way too many assumptions about where the story is going, I don't know if I'm looking forward to season 2 being all "rise of the machines" already.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    ken hale said:
    Shit, I'm not ready.  That trailer gave me anxiety.  On a critical note, and making way too many assumptions about where the story is going, I don't know if I'm looking forward to season 2 being all "rise of the machines" already.
    I was really surprised how quickly we got to Hosts escaping the park. That seems like something to be done much later in the show's life cycle. The showrunners must have something up their sleeve to keep the Hosts contained. 
    Murderbear
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    that trailer was like season 1. turbo re-watchable! can't wait wait!
  • Anybody else getting the feeling that there will be conflicts among different factions of Hosts? Maybe Dolores v. Maeve: Dawn of Consciousness? 

After all, if that’s what this show is all about- A.I. becoming human, conflict is one of the very first things that would come with new-found humanity.
    CoryMurderbear
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    All I know is that the popular notions of what season 1 would be about, based largely on the premise and the movies that inspired it, were mostly wrong, so I'm happy to just see where the ride takes me this season!
    ElisaKingKobraDaveyMaccdriveCory