Comments

• Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Where do you even begin to say what a bad idea this is? 
  • Congrats on the new role @Chinaski !
    JoshuaHeterChinaskiMurderbear
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Why Todd Phillips? 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    gguenot said:
    Congrats on the new role @Chinaski !
    took me a sec to get that haha. well played sir 
    gguenot
  • I feel like we missed out on a Philip Seymour Hoffman Penguin to go with it.
    JoshuaHeterMofojones333MurderbearMelonusk
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Crawl!
  • Frakkin T said:
    Where do you even begin to say what a bad idea this is? 
    I’m not so sure it’s a bad idea. Did anyone think Ledger could pull it off before he did? JP has shown a pretty good range through his career. 
    Mofojones333Melonusk
  • Mofojones333Mofojones333 Fort Worth, Texas
    It could be worse. I am just excited to get a stand alone Joker movie. Too bad Jack Nicholson is too damn old for the role. 
    Joaquin Phoenix would out joker all the jokers.

But Road Trip Todd Phillips?  Joker the movie directed by “Dilly Dilly”? Don’t see it. 
  • cdrive said:
    Joaquin Phoenix would out joker all the jokers.

But Road Trip Todd Phillips?  Joker the movie directed by “Dilly Dilly”? Don’t see it. 
    This didn't register at first cause I didn't know who he was. That resume is rough.
    ^right? Rough af
  • I'm imagining some beer bong related moral dilemma for the people of Gotham.
    cdriveMofojones333
  • Mofojones333Mofojones333 Fort Worth, Texas
    @cdrive, so what he did a stupid fucking movie back in that day.... Ah shit, what am I saying? You are making me lose hope in this movie by the second. Lol. 
    cdrive
    edited February 9
    The joker is totally going streaking and stealing a tiger 
    Mofojones333GredalBee
  • cdrive said:
    How else would he get those scars?
    cdriveMofojones333GredalBeeGarthgou81
    cdrive said:
    and he could be drunk, strumming a guitar while getting in an argument with Siri.. i'm kinda liking this Joker already..

cdrive
  • Why are people commenting and/or complaining? Didn’t we learn not to judge a casting by its character?

heath ledger was destroyed as the casting for Joker. Yet one of the greatest villain performances. 

Leto was considered a good casting choice yet failed cuz of the situation.

lets just watch the movie before we get all crazy.
    Mofojones333cdrivejohnnytruantChinaskiKingKobraMelonuskgguenot
    Chinaski said:
    cdrive said:
    and he could be drunk, strumming a guitar while getting in an argument with Siri.. i'm kinda liking this Joker already..

Yes, @Chinaski ! You’re not the joker we deserve, but the joker we need.
    ChinaskiMofojones333GredalBee
  • edited February 9
    Hatorian said:
    Why are people commenting and/or complaining? Didn’t we learn not to judge a casting by its character?

heath ledger was destroyed as the casting for Joker. Yet one of the greatest villain performances. 

Leto was considered a good casting choice yet failed cuz of the situation.

lets just watch the movie before we get all crazy.
    I like the idea of him as the Joker, just think it's funny to think of the character in college/bro setting, which seems to be Todd Phillips purview. Seems like it's a long way off and maybe Scorcese is involved? I imagine it will change a lot before we see anything.
    on a Todd Phillips note. i didn't know for the longest time that he did that GG Allin doc
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    This will be the 3rd Joker in 10-11 years, 4 if you count Mark Hamill, and also no Batman?  I just want them to stop with the Joker--Heath Ledger defined the role for an entire generation. Let the ink dry on him before you bring the character back.
    blacksunrise7
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Yeah, people aren't wrong to say we shouldn't judge too early because of Heath Ledger. They also said that before Suicide Squad and while he wasn't HORRIBLE, I still hated Leto's Joker. Okay, maybe it's cause the movie was a pile of crap it made him look guilty by association but I did not like his performance at all. The entire character design and execution was bad from top to bottom. Maybe he's right and there was a whole lot of stuff cut from the film that would have made it a lot better, it just personally rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm not anti Joaquin, I'm anti the need to make a Joker origin film. It's something they've kept hidden in the comics for years and I wish they would still. ESPECIALLY when they will still have Leto continuing his role in other films. So you're going to get an older guy to play him in the origin story? What sense does that make? 
    Frakkin T
  • There's plenty to be mined from a new Joker.  I mean, this was from The Lego Batman Movie and I think it competes with any Batman/Joker confrontation we've had so far.  So savage.

HatorianMoonMan13