2018 Winter Olympics

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
I thought I’d make a thread for the PyeoungChang 2018 Winter Olympics.

fyi, curling is on right now!

I love how Mr. T got hooked on curling and is professing his love for the sport on Twitter lately.

Also fist bump to A.Ron on LWJ&A for saying curling and figure skating were his 2 fav Winter Olympic events.  Same.

My favorite winter Olympic sports:

1. Figure skating
2. Curling
3. Ski jumping
4. Luge

least favs - speed skating and biathalon 

ChinaskiFrakkin T

Comments

• akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Woot
    I love the figure skating and the luge is scary!!
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    the woman's snowboarding today was dope AF

on a name dropping note.. an Australian skeleton racer who was a member of the Australian Olympic team in 2010 and 2014 is on my softball team. she's turbo rad!

akritenbrink
    What about those wacky North Korean cheerleaders!
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    ^my wife kept asking if I saw the creepy NK cheerleaders! Said they looked like something out of Handmaid's Tale.   

Props to Norwegian Ski Jump dude for most impressive facial hair so far this Olympics!

Jovial_Falcon

• least favs - speed skating and biathalon 

Ha! Speed skating is my favorite.
    But I'm Dutch -  we win all the gold medals in that sport.
    akritenbrink
  • Hockey, Hockey and Hockey.
    DoubleA_RonTaraC73
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited February 13
    Chloe Kim taking no prisoners on the halfpipe, good stuff.

• Chloe Kim was so fun to watch.  All of those ladies regardless of how well they did during their run seemed to be so happy and just having fun with all of it.  Chloe Kim is going to be a big name in the snowboard business for a very long time.
  • Russia, banned for cheating, by one an otherwise very corrupt IOC.

I'm hoping there is an 'Eddie the Eagle' type athlete at these Olympics. 
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    My country is currently flipping it's shit over Elise Christie in the short track speed skating. Poor woman was DQ'd in all three of her events last time in Sochi and she crashed out of the 500m final this morning, she was absolutely devastated!
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited February 13

least favs - speed skating and biathalon 

Ha! Speed skating is my favorite.
    But I'm Dutch -  we win all the gold medals in that sport.
    Except when we (Canada) beat you :)

Edit:  I just noticed that Canada dominates in short track and Holland wins all of the long track events.
  • tom_g said:
    Russia, banned for cheating, by one an otherwise very corrupt IOC.

I'm hoping there is an 'Eddie the Eagle' type athlete at these Olympics. 
    Jamaican and Nigerian bobsled teams!
    edited February 14
    Oh the NK cheerleaders ARE very Handmaid's Tale... Good call Mrs. Cdrive! (Ms. Ddrive?)
    cdrive
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited February 17
    This German guy just did his free skate routine to a Game of Thrones score, and he has a Jaime Lannister hand! And Johnny Weir called Tara Lipinski "Cersei." Lol

akritenbrink
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    edited February 17
    When did they add the ghost mode to the Super G runs? Is that new for this year? Coolest thing ever to see exactly when a run goes wrong or to demonstrate the brilliance of a previous run. 
    MrX
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Oh man Australia guy is skating to Shine on you crazy diamond! Love it. Where are my rollin papers!? 
    MrX
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited February 17
    When did they add the ghost mode to the Super G runs? Is that new for this year? Coolest thing ever to see exactly when a run goes wrong or to demonstrate the brilliance of a previous run. 

Speaking of the Super-G, this is nuts; 

https://deadspin.com/czech-snowboarder-borrows-mikaela-shiffrins-skis-someh-1823095253

Czech Snowboarder Borrows Mikaela Shiffrin's Skis, Somehow Wins Super-G Gold
    akritenbrink