Black Panther review delayed!

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
Because of my travels, I won't be able to see Black Panther until later this weekend. Jim and I will review it, probably Tuesday.  I was planning on seeing it down here, and hooking up with Jim remotely, but everywhere close to my dad is sold out!
MichelleElisaMofojones333gjulleenksa1001Monica

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Thanks for the update!  I hope you're having a great time visiting with your dad & that he's doing well!
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    edited February 15
    Weather is amazing. It's going to be in the 80s and sunny through the weekend! Though so far I've mainly done three months worth of tech support for dad and his girlfriend, haha. 
    MichelleJaimieTFlukesbazjensterMofojones333Doctor_NicksamollyTravis
    :grin:

FlukesElisaMofojones333ChinaskiTaraC73Travismjmullady
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Weather is amazing. It's going to be in the 80s and sunny through the weekend! Though so far I've mainly done three months worth of tech support for dad and his girlfriend, haha. 

People who work in tech don't really get family downtime lol. 
  • Silver Lining: Everything is sold out, which is a great thing to hear!
    ElisaApril_May_June
  • Enjoy your time w/ your dad!
  • It's taking everything I have to not make a "late" joke. 
    ChinaskiFreddy
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JaimieT said:

People who work in tech don't really get family downtime lol. 
    I can second this 100%.  I used to do professional home theater installs and have always been the go to guy in my family for anything technology related.  Sometimes it felt like I had a second job.
  • Strange. On bald move it says the 20th anyway so I wasn't even expecting a review this week lol 
    Even those of us not in tech are always in-demand for tech stuff when it comes to family.  I'm good with computers and electronic setups, so my mom/dad/sister are always texting or calling me to help them with stuff ("my dvd player is only showing a black & white picture for my movie" or "why can't I print from my laptop" or "why aren't my speakers putting out any sound").  I jokingly tell them I'm going to start charging them.  :smile:
  • man, Black Panther seems like kind of a big deal. Sold out here in northern Ohio as well.
    April_May_June
  • man, Black Panther seems like kind of a big deal. Sold out here in northern Ohio as well.
    Could hit close to $200 million domestic opening weekend.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/black-panther-opening-weekend-box-office-200-million-1202702784/
    April_May_June
  • edited February 17
    Of course the first Marvel BM review to be delayed is Black Panther. 

#JustColonizerThings

/s
    phoenyx1023gguenotMrXKnightowel99
  • I’m so excited to see this movie :-)
    April_May_June
  • Saw Black Panther, made a spoiler thread to talk about it. 
  • Pro tip: don’t stay for the post credits, they’re never really worth in my opinion (you can literally watch them on YouTube like the next day), but they’re super not worth it for this one. 
  • Because of the delay this it the first and maybe only chance to we have to weigh in a movie before Bald Move does their review. Hopefully they read and respond to the spoiler thread a bit in the podcast.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited February 19
    Have you guys heard about this fucked up troll thing where white people are claiming to have been beaten up at movie theaters (at least according to a story I saw on the news over the weekend)? What a bunch of sick bullshit. I hate people, man. I hate this era in humanity.
  • Travis said:
    Have you guys heard about this fucked up troll thing where white people are claiming to have been beaten up at movie theaters (at least according to a story I saw on the news over the weekend)? What a bunch of sick bullshit. I hate people, man. I hate this era in humanity.
    I wouldn’t even consider that trolling, that’s just evil shit
    Travis
  • gguenot said:
    Travis said:
    I hear ya, and totally agree. I guess "trolling" in the sense that it's internet hoaxing, but you're right. Total next level fucked-up-edness going on there. That story makes me so mad. What is wrong with people?
    gguenot
  • Travis said:
    gguenot said:
    Travis said:
    I hear ya, and totally agree. I guess "trolling" in the sense that it's internet hoaxing, but you're right. Total next level fucked-up-edness going on there. That story makes me so mad. What is wrong with people?
    I used to be in a barbershop quartet in Skokie, Illinois. The baritone was this guy named Kip Diskin--big fat guy. I mean, like, orca fat. He was so trolling in the morning...

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3540384a-d790-4525-b998-f9d3f0d609d4