Fornite. Is it all recency bias?

So I play most of my games on PC, which gives me the opportunity to play most titles before they hit consoles. I preordered PUBG over a year ago and play nearly ever day. I also played Fornite when it came out in Early Access a few months ago. However, I find myself not believing the Fornite hype. The numbers show Fornite is growing and almost coming close to PUBG, but does that mean it is a better game..? The game is free compared to PUBG at $40, so of course more people are going to play it. Plus Fornite is on PC, Xbox, and PS4 (PUBG is not on PS4). I think this Fortnite craze is a temporary high until PUBG reaches all audiences at a compettive price. Thoughts? 

Comments

• I think the fact that it’s “the new hotness” has something to do with it yeah. 
  • I don’t know if that means PUBG will experience a resurge though, before PUBG it was H1Z1 now it’s Fortnite, in a year it’ll be something else. 
  • They're just two different games. I think you might have anchoring bias with regard to PUBG. 

Fortnite is a great game. Like you said it's free, it runs just as well as, if not better than, PUBG, and you have a lot more defensive options when someone has the drop on you. Also, I personally prefer the gunplay of Fortnite, but I know it's very arcadey. I also like the streamlined equipment mechanics of Fortnite.

PUBG gets the prize for being the first really successful battle royale game, but more and more are gonna keep coming over the next few years.
  • Yeah now that battle royal type games have become popular expect to see a lot of slightly different clones to come out the next few years, most of the will be bad, some of them might be good, at least one will be described as “the definitive battle royal game”. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I like fortnite better because it's much faster paced and the building adds a whole new dimension to the gameplay. I think it also performs better than PUBG at this point. I think twitch peeps are starting to prefer it because of the high pace and the fact that you can really stunt on people. You can't box the last player in with walls and have a trap kill them due to their own incompetence in PUBG, all the while you're blowing kisses or dancing or whatever crazy emote they have at the moment. 

The only downside is the cartoony nature of the graphics. But I played the shit pit out of TF2 back in the day so I don't mind, I even think it's cool. 
    SuperDuperKyle
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    I'm a fan of Fortnite for the condensed and tighter map, I enjoy the fact that if I'm at the farthest point away from the circle I can know I'll make it and loot in between that run.  I'm also a big fan of the single player so anyone into that hit me up.