Celeste

DrewDrew indianapolis
What's up everyone!?  I've come to preach the word of Celeste, a recent indie game that is something truly special.  I played it on Switch but I'm pretty sure its on everything (PS4, XB1, PC).  Celeste is an 8-bit style platformer that has the tried and true die, reload, retry, die, reload mechanic that indie games of this art style love but mixes it with a story that is truly special.  I don't want to ruin the story but to say that as someone that suffers from depression and anxiety this is the most brutally accurate version of what it feels like to be made in games, IMO of course.  If you've played the game I would love to talk about it, and if not and you suffer from the above mental illnesses then I strongly recommend you check this game out, and hell if you don't suffer from said issues I still strongly recommend this game if you're a fan of this type of game.
darwinfeeshy

Comments

• I'm gonna platinum this game so hard. 

This type of hard, fair, and forgiving (through quick resets) gameplay is my jam. It's also a great podcast game.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Yeah, I've heard nothing but glowing reviews of this game and it seems like a perfect fit for the switch. I've heard the Switch controls are a bit frustrating. Has that been your experience as well?
  • edited February 20
    Yeah, I've heard nothing but glowing reviews of this game and it seems like a perfect fit for the switch. I've heard the Switch controls are a bit frustrating. Has that been your experience as well?
    Celeste is definitely a D-pad game. I could see how there will be issues playing with the joy-con D-pad, since it kinda sucks.

I've been playing on PS4, though.

• DrewDrew indianapolis
    I only had a couple times where the joysticks on Switch gave me issues but I think that was also a combo of my frustrations in that area and how sweaty my hands were at them particular times.  The couple times it happened I needed to perform particularly tricky dashes and was causing myself to do diagonal dashes.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Drew said:
    I only had a couple times where the joysticks on Switch gave me issues but I think that was also a combo of my frustrations in that area and how sweaty my hands were at them particular times.  The couple times it happened I needed to perform particularly tricky dashes and was causing myself to do diagonal dashes.
    Okay, good to know. I am really wanting to grab the Pro Controller. I hear it is fantastic. 
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    Garthgou81 said:
    Drew said:
    Okay, good to know. I am really wanting to grab the Pro Controller. I hear it is fantastic. 
    So the initial run of Pro controllers had a messed up DPad but I know the Xenoblade Chronicles PC had a fixed DPad, not sure if they fixed the plain PC's