Mute (NetFlix movie)

Looks like NetFlix has another Sci-Fi release coming this Friday called Mute..

https://youtu.be/ma8te7ywEio
Reni

Comments

• Really glad Duncan Jones got around to this.  He's been trying to make it for a decade.  It's described as continuing the Moon-iverse and you've got Clint Mansell bringing the synth and Justin Theroux in a blonde wig... sold.  Also, do not go to the Wikipedia page if you want to avoid spoilers. 
  • Bumping this up a little as it is available now. Going to watch tonight (hopefully). 
  • Ok, I finished it, movie is good, but emotional rollercoaster. It had me angry, frustrated, laughing, heart warmed. I didn’t even realize who someone was until about an hour into it. I went in almost completely clean outside of the trailer. Before I give my thoughts, I’d like to see what others thought. 
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    I was disappointed. The idea is cool and the visuals were great but the plot and pacing I thought were bad. It felt like the first act was the first hour and a half and then just jumped to the last act for the last 30 minutes. A lot was going on but nothing really happened.
    phoenyx1023
  • Eh. Not bad, but underwhelming. I love Rudd and Theroux so I probably set my expectations too high just based off them both being in it. It was a little too.....disjointed? Idk, it just never really got into a groove for me.

Kinda liked Rudd doing something other than the loveable goofball; skeevy Theroux was unsettling. Skarsgard had me kinda wishing for a mute Amish bae, so I guess he did his job.

Is this even sci-fi? The futuristic setting seemed completely incidental to the plot. It could've taken place near future with no effect on the story.
  • Eh. Not bad, but underwhelming. I love Rudd and Theroux so I probably set my expectations too high just based off them both being in it. It was a little too.....disjointed? Idk, it just never really got into a groove for me.

Kinda liked Rudd doing something other than the loveable goofball; skeevy Theroux was unsettling. Skarsgard had me kinda wishing for a mute Amish bae, so I guess he did his job.

Is this even sci-fi? The futuristic setting seemed completely incidental to the plot. It could've taken place near future with no effect on the story.
    It’s a sci-fi drama? Where the futuristic setting was the backdrop. What I did like was it’s connection to Moon that was shown throughout in the background. I agree on Rudd, I thought he was the stand out since his role was so different than his comedy roles. I didn’t realize it was Theroux until an hour in and his character skeeved me out (so I guess it worked). It was good but not without it’s faults. 
  • Oof. This movie was so bad I don't know where to start. A few thoughts...
    • This is a revenge film. Straight up.  
    • This is not sci-fi by any definition. Putting bad cg flying cars in the background does not make something sci-fi. What an utter waste of money. 
    • The actors all did fine with what they were given but...
    • The truth is that the story isn't very compelling. 
    Natter Cast
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i didn't even finish it. dumpster trash
    hypergenesb
  • I only made it 40 minutes before turning it off.

Moon is on Netflix now, just watch that instead.
    AntManBee
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Amish Carbon