The Expanse Premiere Date

kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
They finally set The Expanse premiere date. I am so ready for the return.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/the-expanse-season-3-premiere-date-unveils-trailer-1202301438/
hisdudeness915ElisaDoctor_NickFlukesphoenyx1023

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
     A little over 6 weeks away! Aaaaaaaaah!
    kuman07
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    April 11th sweeeeeeeeeet  :*
    kuman07
  • I've knly seen 3 episodes, please tell me it gets better I do want to catch up before it comes back 
    JaimieT
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Yes it really kicks in on episode 5. The world building is kinda slow and character introductions but once you get to 5 it’s so much better. I recommend a daily binge rather than a mass binge to absorb. I also recommend a really good podcast - solo talk media - tales from the rocinante. Listen between each episode if you can. 
    iMatty94 said:
    I've knly seen 3 episodes, please tell me it gets better I do want to catch up before it comes back 

Really picks up by episode 8, when the storylines converge. I know that's a terribly long wait. I think it gradually improves before then, though. 
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    iMatty94 said:
    I've knly seen 3 episodes, please tell me it gets better I do want to catch up before it comes back 
    I started watching from the premiere so honestly don’t remember when it really starts picking up. Just remember being hooked fairly early on. I can say I was really blown away with season 2 and it became one of my favorite shows on TV.
    ElisaJaimieTMelonusk
  • I'm trying to watch the first season...on episode 7 now.  I find myself losing focus and having to re-watch scenes because I missed some nuanced thing.  I think my problem is that the factions (Earth, Mars, Belters) are all kind of samey, and difficult to distinguish in terms either of appearance or motivation.  I appreciate the complexity of the world-building, and the noir/sci-fi tone and action, but I just can't get invested in the plot...yet?
    edited February 25
    ken hale said:
    I'm trying to watch the first season...on episode 7 now.  I find myself losing focus and having to re-watch scenes because I missed some nuanced thing.  I think my problem is that the factions (Earth, Mars, Belters) are all kind of samey, and difficult to distinguish in terms either of appearance or motivation.  I appreciate the complexity of the world-building, and the noir/sci-fi tone and action, but I just can't get invested in the plot...yet?

The first time I watched it I literally read a plot synopsis after each episode, just to confirm what I had seen and learned. And I consider myself to be pretty observant! There is a big learning curve in season 1. Rewatching season 1, though, is a blast.

I would say a reason you might not feel invested in the plot is the plot hasn't really taken off yet. Episode 8, it does.
    ElisaAjas
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    JaimeT's idea of reading a synopsis is a good idea... One of the few things the show really screws up is demonstrating WHERE in the solar system all the protagonists and various bases are.

Everything ends up making sense, they don't use the vagueness as a cheat, but more visuals would have been very helpful. 
    edited February 26
    Ajas said:
    JaimeT's idea of reading a synopsis is a good idea... One of the few things the show really screws up is demonstrating WHERE in the solar system all the protagonists and various bases are.

Everything ends up making sense, they don't use the vagueness as a cheat, but more visuals would have been very helpful. 

I remember the first time I saw season 1, the scene with the asteroid hauler and his nephew... I understood exactly none of it. Nothing, none. I had no idea what anyone was doing. I didn't even notice the nephew was an established character. 

It can be a frustrating first watch. 
    bazjensterken hale
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    There's a wikia for The Expanse that does a decent job, but beware of spoilers.
  • edited March 1
    I would say a reason you might not feel invested in the plot is the plot hasn't really taken off yet. Episode 8, it does.
    Yeah, episode 8 and the whole Eros storyline definitely tied the whole thing together. I'm totally on board at this point.
    JaimieT said:

I remember the first time I saw season 1, the scene with the asteroid hauler and his nephew... I understood exactly none of it. Nothing, none. I had no idea what anyone was doing. I didn't even notice the nephew was an established character.
    Lol exactly, except nearly every scene felt like that to me.  I watched that one twice and still had no clue I was supposed to remember the nephew until he re-introduced himself to Miller much later.
    JaimieTElisa
    edited March 1
    ken hale said:
    Yeah, episode 8 and the whole Eros storyline definitely tied the whole thing together. I'm totally on board at this point.
    JaimieT said:

Lol exactly, except nearly every scene felt like that to me.  I watched that one twice and still had no clue I was supposed to remember the nephew until he re-introduced himself to Miller much later.

True, a lot of scenes with Anderson Dawes, for instance, were puzzling. I didn't get that there were OPA factions.

Glad you're in now. Yes, it's all like backstory for the Eros incident. 
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I’m going to recommend a podcast to listen to if you happen to do a rewatch or initial watch in between viewings. Solo Talk Media - Tales from the Rocinante 
  • Happy to say the show has grabbed my attention after 4 episodes. I am still not sure whats happening or who is who but I'm into it 
    JaimieTElisa