S08-E09 Honor

cant believe no thread created for this. Really shows the interest level is at an all time Low. Usually there would be at least 50 comments by now. 

I actually thought it was a good episode. Probably the best of season 8. Spending 8 years with Rick and Carl it was a bit hard not to get a little misty eyed. 

I do also like how the old man Rick visions were actually Carl’s and make sense now. Decent twist. Overall one of the better episodes we had in the past even with the ridiculous gun fight at the kingdom. 
BrandonTheBardMichelleTaraC73

Comments

• I don’t think I hated it... I know for sure that I’ve never been more impatient for a character I liked to go ahead and die already. 
    johnnytruantKingKobraPangsTaraC73hypergenesb
  • Worse than Trinity in the last Matrix movie?
  • They kinda dragged out Coral's death for too long - Again, an extended episode that didn't 
    have to be one.

But overall a good ep. for me. I've never been a huge Carl fan but still sad to see him go. 
    ken hale
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited February 28
    I thought it was a good episode.  I didn't care for the constant cutting back and forth between Morgan and Carl's death scene, which I legitimately should have been able to be emotionally invested in (and still was, for the most part), but they nearly took me out of those moments.  My emotions didn't know where to go.  I was getting sad, then oh wait, never mind, Morgan's killin' folks.  Aside from that though, if this is how the rest of season 8 is going to be, I will be pleasantly surprised and looking forward to the next.  I know there are complaints about regurgitating plotlines and all the Morgalizing, but I'm staying on this train until the end.  Angela Kang had better turn this clunky direction shit (typo but it stays) around though next season.  For right now though, if this is how the back half of season 8 is going to go, I'll be pleasantly surprised.  We’ll see how next week goes though.  It looks like the garbage people will be returning, so it might be iffy.
    TaraC73iMatty94
  • It was probably better than anyone episode in the first half (low bar), but there was no reason for it to be that long. I got bored waiting for Carl to die.

I think it's a dubious character swing, but I'm cool with Punisher Morgan. Liked Carol teaming up with him too, but they gotta stop tying these characters to terrible child actors.
  • So 3 people at varying angles cannot see a child standing behind Tapioca pudding guy? Everyone on this show should die because apparently they are all blind and cannot hear. 
    Pangshypergenesbjtmy92Pavkey88voodooratZandraSepta Nutella
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    ARon saying that he can't imagine dipping fries in cheese sauce might be the strangest comment I've ever heard said aloud.

Those nacho fries are not great, though.  It's just fries with Dorito dust on them.  I love fries and I love Doritos but it doesn't quite work.  Not bad, not great.
    Mike4000
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Spending my vacation day watching The Walking Dead with Bald Move accompaniment. Very fun.  Glad to hear ARon still enjoying the White Castles.

But, for the love of God, dip a fry in some cheese!!  Live a little!!
    KingKobra
  • DrKen said:
    ARon saying that he can't imagine dipping fries in cheese sauce might be the strangest comment I've ever heard said aloud.

Those nacho fries are not great, though.  It's just fries with Dorito dust on them.  I love fries and I love Doritos but it doesn't quite work.  Not bad, not great.
    Seriously cheese fries are the bomb!

Here in Colorado we're all about the green chili, so green chili cheese fries are a nice upgrade on the standard version. Taco Bell would be wise to go that route.

• edited February 26
    Fries covered in cheese and bacon are what I call a little piece of heaven. 
    TaraC73
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited February 26
    @Hatorian, not only did no one care enough to make a post, it only took 7 comments to turn into a much more interesting topic. Haha

I actually tried those Nacho fries for the first time yesterday. If they were actually hot and cooked right, they would have been tasty. They basically taste like Arby's curly fries but straightened out.

Also, seriously man, dip a fry in some hot cheese! It's tasty af

But one serious question, how did Carl actually go out? Did Rick shoot him?
    hisdudeness915DrKen
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    @Muderbear

spoiler Carl had to do it. I wish he would have took me with him.

Murderbear
    edited February 26
    The way The Talking Dead went into this episode as if this was the most tragic thing ever. Is a blight on the soul of humanity. 

A bunch of people were killed by senseless violence in the real world. And these people want us want to give a shit over a actor leaving a show that is so far past it’s prime. Not watching that again.
    Kela15
  • @Hatorian, not only did no one care enough to make a post, it only took 7 comments to turn into a much more interesting topic. Haha

I actually tried those Nacho fries for the first time yesterday. If they were actually hot and cooked right, they would have been tasty. I don't think it's Doritos dust on there although I wouldn't be surprised if it popped in there a little. They basically taste like Arby's curly fries but straightened out.

Also, seriously man, dip a fry in some hot cheese! It's tasty af

But one serious question, how did Carl actually go out? Did Rick shoot him?
    he shot himself right? I can't be trusted in details on this show anymore - I watch it with Jim @ ARon live watch in my ear, and then am also usually browsing or doing work too, so it's like the ultimate distracted watching experience.
  • brewseveltbrewsevelt Boston, MA
    Yeah they showed his hand near his holstered flashlight-silenced gun when Rick was at his side. Then when Rick and Michonne were on the front porch you heard the silenced gun shot.
    @MrX I didn't watch. I was going to just listen to the stream but that seemed silly. I feel like I want to go back on what I said and watch the episode for Chandler's sake but I think I'll stick to my guns and stay away for now.
    edited February 26
    Yeah they showed his hand near his holstered flashlight-silenced gun when Rick was at his side. Then when Rick and Michonne were on the front porch you heard the silenced gun shot.
    Wait. So they didn't actually SHOW it? So Robert Kirkman's "that one character might not actually be dead" thing is still feasible??

Edit: Nevermind. I'm sure if it was ambiguous you all would have mentioned that.
  • @MrX I didn't watch. I was going to just listen to the stream but that seemed silly. I feel like I want to go back on what I said and watch the episode for Chandler's sake but I think I'll stick to my guns and stay away for now.

Yea it's not really worth starting to watch again. The only reason I do is that I enjoy having my Monday morning coffee with the the Bald Move livewatch while catching up on work emails etc. and very casually background watching the actual show.
    MurderbearKela15
  • Yeah they showed his hand near his holstered flashlight-silenced gun when Rick was at his side. Then when Rick and Michonne were on the front porch you heard the silenced gun shot.
    Wait. So they didn't actually SHOW it? So Robert Kirkman's "that one character might not actually be dead" thing is still feasible??

Edit: Nevermind. I'm sure if it was ambiguous you all would have mentioned that.
    I gave up on TWD awhile ago, but from reading coverage it seems RIck and Michonne bury him (also off-screen, I think, but it shows them digging the grave) so there's no way they'd miss him being alive. 
  • AlexAlex Seattle
    Half way through the show I realized I had 25 minutes of dvr and I used it all up fast fowarding before the end. The Carl stuff was ridiculously boring and so were the greasy old man Rick visions. I've seen every episode of this show atleast once and I no longer have any emotional connection to any of the characters. I was more upset when T-dog died.
    Pangskungfujesus
    edited February 26
    Kinda spoiler but new high in gore with Morgan and him ripping out the heart. 
    You know you are hitting campy when the bad guy is like “Jesus Christ!”

is it just a metaphor for the show ripping out the hearts of all its fans?
  • kingbee67 said:
    The way The Talking Dead went into this episode as if this was the most tragic thing ever. Is a blight on the soul of humanity. 

A bunch of people were killed by senseless violence in the real world. And these people want us want to give a shit over a actor leaving a show that is so far past it’s prime. Not watching that again.
    Ummm what do you expect of a show that’s about The Walking Dead? This seems a little “off” IMO. They don’t really touch on actual world events, that’s not what the show is about at all. 
    Michelle
    @KingKobra I’m just saying that they seem too take the show too seriously. I’m not gonna take the bait and get the “feels” because Carl got bumped to boost ratings.
    Kela15
  • If the last scene of Rick under the tree is to hint that this is all a dream and Carl isn't dead, I'm gonna be so.... well actually I don't even care.  I think they've toyed with my emotions so much I've become desensitized.  
    kingbee67 said:
    Kinda spoiler but new high in gore with Morgan and him ripping out the heart. 
    You know you are hitting campy when the bad guy is like “Jesus Christ!”

is it just a metaphor for the show ripping out the hearts of all its fans?
    It wasn't his heart, it was his intestines.  That's why it came out like a long worm.  (btw, *so* gross and made me exclaim "What?!?!??? Omggggg" and my hands went up to my mouth - it's probably the most gory kill I've seen on TWD with the exception of Noah in the revolving door.)
    KingKobra said:
    kingbee67 said:

Ummm what do you expect of a show that’s about The Walking Dead? This seems a little “off” IMO. They don’t really touch on actual world events, that’s not what the show is about at all. 
    Yeah, I was going to say, I think it's ok to separate the two.  

I also think it's ok for the viewer to be invested in Carl's death and to actually feel something about it.  We watched this kid grow up on the show both as an actor and a character for 8 seasons.  It was the main protagonist's oldest child who he basically lived to protect the entire time.  He was arguably one of the most essential characters to the show.  It's natural that viewers become invested.  I didn't mind the extended episode.  I knew going in that it was going to be emotional and I was there for it.

We didn't need to see it happen to know that it did.  We heard the shot, we saw Rick and Michonne in gut-wrenching grief, and then we saw them bury him.   I think Kirkman was just talking to hear himself talk or to try to generate some hype around this event, which is just (IMO) wrong, given that it was a teenage character's death.
    Murderbear
  • i didn't hate it.  was morgan the only sniper or did they all forget that they were carrying sniper rifles instead of binoculars and just watch the saviors slowly implement their escape plan without, you know, sniping or anything?
    brewsevelt
  • Pavkey88Pavkey88 Florida, the home of beautiful beaches and meth addicted face-eaters
    I watched all 90 minutes of this hunk of garbage because my wife still enjoys it (though even she’s starting to have second thoughts).

I just can’t get over how horrible the writing and dialogue has gotten. At this point, I would rank Under the Dome higher than this show, and that show was the absolute worst.

8 seasons of watching Carl grow up and at the end, I was yelling for him to ‘just die already’! Probably not what they were hoping for. 

Also, everyone else just noped out of there while he died. Darryl - turns and walks off. Tara - not even a fist bump. Even Rick couldn’t really cry. 

Then he kills himeslf with a silencer. So stupid...

Pangs
  • voodoorat said:
    i didn't hate it.  was morgan the only sniper or did they all forget that they were carrying sniper rifles instead of binoculars and just watch the saviors slowly implement their escape plan without, you know, sniping or anything?
    Yea, it really kind of undermines the plan of shooting out the windows and posting snipers to cover said windows.