Atlanta Season 2 (aka Atlanta Robbin' Season)

2»

Comments

• Poor Earn. They've definitely been building towards Al firing him, Clark County's manager kept popping up all season.

What an episode. That fucking frat house scene. Laffy taffy...

And the crazy Instagram girl, loved the look on Al's face after she told him about her crocodile dream and then saw the footprints on her ceiling.

Plus having them in silk PJ's the whole episode was great.
  • Damn this show for making me feel feelings. If they can close out as strong as they started, I might have to count this as one of the best second seasons ever (that I’ve seen). It’s that damn good. 
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    KingKobra said:
    Damn this show for making me feel feelings. If they can close out as strong as they started, I might have to count this as one of the best second seasons ever (that I’ve seen). It’s that damn good. 
    It might be the best show on TV. Atlanta not only nails it's themes impeccably, but it also nails other show's themes. Specifically: Louie (duh) and The Wire.
    KingKobra
  • Bravo DG, Bravo....counting this as one of the best sophomore seasons ever....
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited May 2018
    Binged the season on Sunday. Few thoughts.

white face Danny Glover is the best character in TV this year so far. Being a Cubs fan the Sammy Sosa reference was on point. That episode was amazing. Danny isn’t in the season enough to justify best actor but he’s great. He also just gets shit on all season Long. 

I was seriously worried that Paper Boi was going to either get killed or kill himself. He really held the season up through genuinely being a nice guy, being extremely patient with the barber and his fans, to getting robbed to being taken advantage of to becoming bitter and finally becoming more paranoid and worried. If anyone deserves an award for acting I’m giving it to him.

Overall my Wife did make a good point that stuff wiTh me after the last episode. What’s the point? I don’t really know  what the story is trying to tell us? Each episode is so different it makes it really hard to understand what the overarching theme is. Besides maybe this is a real window into what a small group of friends with an upcoming rapper’s life would be like. 

Edit: also interested Michael Vick would be willing to do a cameo on hustling racing dudes giving involvement in less than honorable events in real life. 
  • Hatorian said:
    Binged the season on Sunday. Few thoughts.

white face Danny Glover is the best character in TV this year so far. Being a Cubs fan the Sammy Sosa reference was on point. That episode was amazing. Danny isn’t in the season enough to justify best actor but he’s great. He also just gets shit on all season Long. 

I was seriously worried that Paper Boi was going to either get killed or kill himself. He really held the season up through genuinely being a nice guy, being extremely patient with the barber and his fans, to getting robbed to being taken advantage of to becoming bitter and finally becoming more paranoid and worried. If anyone deserves an award for acting I’m giving it to him.

Overall my Wife did make a good point that stuff wiTh me after the last episode. What’s the point? I don’t really know  what the story is trying to tell us? Each episode is so different it makes it really hard to understand what the overarching theme is. Besides maybe this is a real window into what a small group of friends with an upcoming rapper’s life would be like. 

Edit: also interested Michael Vick would be willing to do a cameo on hustling racing dudes giving involvement in less than honorable events in real life. 
    This seasons theme was “Robbin Season” each episode featured something or someone that was robbed.

Through all of what happened to them in the end the group stuck together (especially Earn and Al). FUBU showed us just how deep heir ties are and that Al has always “protected” Earn. In the last episode Al tells Earn that he’s the only one that knows the “real” him and Earn is the only one looking out for him (not in it for the money, fame, etc). So this could also be looked at as a story of friendship via a Seinfeld type layout (stories about “nothing”). Sometimes things are just face value even when far kid are trying to seek deeper meaning.