• Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    But are we the lost or the plunderers?
    Original_Joseph
  • cbspockcbspock San Antonio, Texas
    They are going back to the Garbage Romulans... UGH 

degginbj
  • I actually really liked that episode
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    All right we’re switched away from the Oscars and synced in. A.Ron is a pro’s pro. Thanks @A_Ron_Hubbard
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Was the solo LiveWatch any good? I can never tell...
    ColdRolled7Michellecdrive
    One man’s de-dome-ification is another man’s Lucy Liu.  Good stuff so far.  Good sound and vid and chops. 
  • It was as good. Better than I expected lol 
  • jbryant27jbryant27 Waxahachie, TX
    Pleasantly surprised by this episode. Still some headscratching moments like the character cards and the Michonne zoom-ins in the dump to name a couple. They somehow found a way to make the trash people kind of interesting. 
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    @A_Ron_Hubbard Solo watch was good. There are plenty of awkward silences when you and Jim watch the commercials so it was totally normal. Ha! But seriously, you did a great job. I'm sure it isn't easy to do by yourself.

By the way, the water tower in Florence actually used to say Florence Mall but I believe it violated some ordinance where advertisements couldn't be over a certain height. So, to preserve it's iconic look as best as possible, they changed it to the current Florence Ya'll. Because, as you said, Kentucky.

Allllllllso, and this is just my opinion but if you're just going to eat those nacho fries with ketchup, don't bother. The fries are okay by themselves but the nacho cheese really makes them. Just sayin.
  • jbryant27 said:
    They somehow found a way to make the trash people kind of interesting. 
    By turning them into pink slime.
    Pavkey88Pangs
    Totes gonna get that $1 doublestack 
  • I like the solo Livewatch. I watch the show alone so its nice to have someone to "watch" with
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited March 5
    @A_Ron_Hubbard yeah, the live watch was good.  We're feelin' ya.  :)
    cdrive
  • edited March 5
    Firstly - It took me a little while to figure out what 'solo livewatch' meant. I thought this was something to do with the Han Solo movie.

As for the ep. - I really enjoyed it. Multiple story lines in one episode. Who would ever have thunked that. Some excellent gore action too. 
    The podcasting duo may not like this but Jadis's storyline had me feeling quite sorry for her.
    The actress did a great job imo.

I didn't quite get the scene with the gazebo. 'Carl used to sit on it'  - and so ???
  • A Ron- I think the live watch was good! I enjoyed it. It's generally my second run through, so I enjoy seeing if you react the way I did at key points.
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    Holy shit a decently paced good episode of TWD. I could have sworn there was another 15 mins of that episode when i watched it. 

The exit of the Romulans was something i didnt expect in terms of the way it happened but that a new thing.

Im sure Richonne could have gone back through the entrance as soon as the garbage started coming down but hey that wasnt the dumbest thing in the episode that goes to putting out the gazebo fire. Jist plain stupid A.Ron would have to give an entire page of the book to that shit show.

I didnt like the name flash before each part, we know the characters now and we get the storyline thats a first season trick.

The walkers face coming off at the gate looked awesome and should be z.k.o.t.w
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Agree the pacing was pretty good. The Negan/Rick exchange was alright. Although if you asked someone to just watch that single scene with no prior knowledge to TWD isn’t Negan the good guy in that situation? Rick says he’s going to kill him like 4 times and Negan is like Super sympathetic and reasonable. 

Also are we know supposed to believe the helicopter flying that rick saw is part of the garbage people? 
  • Hatorian said:

Also are we know supposed to believe the helicopter flying that rick saw is part of the garbage people? 
    Yes, that was weird.

My first thought was that the garbage folks just maintain the helipad - possibly for another group we have yet to see.
  • Hatorian said:
    Agree the pacing was pretty good. The Negan/Rick exchange was alright. Although if you asked someone to just watch that single scene with no prior knowledge to TWD isn’t Negan the good guy in that situation? Rick says he’s going to kill him like 4 times and Negan is like Super sympathetic and reasonable. 

Did the helipad, I think there is more to the “dump” than we have been lead to believe. The exchange last night was explicitly saying “we know what this was/is, do you”. I’m guessing as tabs said, the helipad links to a different group and that the garbage dump isn’t or wasnt a dump really (at least entirely). 
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    KingKobra said:
    Hatorian said:

Did the helipad, I think there is more to the “dump” than we have been lead to believe. The exchange last night was explicitly saying “we know what this was/is, do you”. I’m guessing as tabs said, the helipad links to a different group and that the garbage dump isn’t or wasnt a dump really (at least entirely). 
    It’s definitely not exactly what we think. They also mentioned Solar panels. And Jadis response was definitely deflection from the question. And it was proven they have power with the chipper. 
    KingKobra
  • Hatorian said:
    KingKobra said:
    Hatorian said:

It’s definitely not exactly what we think. They also mentioned Solar panels. And Jadis response was definitely deflection from the question. And it was proven they have power with the chipper. 
    Something no one mentioned yet, Jadis stopped talking in patois this episode. 
    MichelleHatorian
  • Right? What’s with the weird speech if it’s not the way she actually speaks? Some kind of solidarity bonding thing amongst the Romulans?

Better Ep than I expected. I’m actually interested in Jadis, which I would not have thought possible. Wet/greasy/red-eyed Rick is getting a little old, especially juxtaposed with dry put-together Michonne.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Good episode this week, definitely better than last week (which had a few flaws but I still thought was good).  I'm intrigued as to where Jadis goes now that she is on her own.  It was good to see a more humanized side to her.  I was never really into her story, but am now interested to see her backstory.   That scene of the garbage people walkers being turned into mush though - OMFG, I should not have eaten beforehand.  @davemcb mentioned a zombie kill of the week earlier - I think it would definitely go to this scene.   Also, count me in as someone else who is curious as to the whole helipad and solar panels thing.  Does this relate to the helicopter that Rick saw in a previous episode?  

As much as I hate Negan, I did like seeing him lose the bravado for a few minutes and sincerely tell Rick he was sorry to hear of Carl's death.  All of his machismo (for lack of another word) is so over the top most of the time that it was nice to see him drop that for a minute.

Here's hoping the remainder of season 8b stays this good (or gets even better).
  • LordBy said:
     Wet/greasy/red-eyed Rick is getting a little old, especially juxtaposed with dry put-together Michonne.
    My wife, someone who does not keep up with the show but knows who the major players are, sat down towards the end of the episode last night and asked "why is he so wet?" I replied "I honestly don't know..I guess it's hot? He's just always drenched in sweat like that."

Which begs the question: does Rick have some sort of medical condition that causes him to sweat 24/7? Even when he's cleaned up I seem to remember him having a shimmer of perspiration about himself. We need answers
  • TxSandMan said:
    LordBy said:
     Wet/greasy/red-eyed Rick is getting a little old, especially juxtaposed with dry put-together Michonne.
    My wife, someone who does not keep up with the show but knows who the major players are, sat down towards the end of the episode last night and asked "why is he so wet?" I replied "I honestly don't know..I guess it's hot? He's just always drenched in sweat like that."

Which begs the question: does Rick have some sort of medical condition that causes him to sweat 24/7? Even when he's cleaned up I seem to remember him having a shimmer of perspiration about himself. We need answers
    I've wondered this for a season or two now. He always looks like he just jumped out of the shower and doesn't have a towel. Does he just hate the heat and demand he be spritzed with lemonade before every scene?
  • It was actually a decent episode, minus a couple head scratchers. Like what was up with showing each person's name? This is season 8, and every character was saw had been around for at least two seasons now. 

Red wet teary eyed Rick is getting pretty old. Someone buy that man a towel and eyedrops! 
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited March 6
    It was actually a decent episode, minus a couple head scratchers. Like what was up with showing each person's name? This is season 8, and every character was saw had been around for at least two seasons now. 

Red wet teary eyed Rick is getting pretty old. Someone buy that man a towel and eyedrops! 

yeah, the character title cards were weird. 

The only thing I can find that is even a little related might be a nod to the comics. I noticed there were a few variant covers from some of the recent ones that were remotely similar:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/File:TWD175_BillSienkiewiczCover.jpg
    http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/File:TWD176_BillSienkiewiczCover.jpg
    http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/File:TWD179_BillSienkiewiczCover.jpg

if so, that's a pretty deep pull to get that across to a wider TV audience...
  • liltcdavisliltcdavis Virginia
    The solo live watch was great! Not awkward at all. I love the live watches because, as someone else mentioned, I watch the show alone so it’s nice to feel like someone is watching it with me. I talk back to you guys too which may or may not be weird... 
  • voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    edited March 6
    i was pleasantly surprised, i didn't think i could find an episode of twd entertaining anymore.

(not that there wasn't some implausible stuff---but nothing unforgivable and it was overall pretty well put together.  simon is the best actor on the show though.)
  • I think focusing mainly on the more likable characters/actors helped a lot. Outside of Oceanside, which was a pretty quick hit to progress that plot, and the garbage people being murdered, which I call a win, it was a lot Rick, Michonne, Negan, and Simon. Other than Maggie, these are really the only characters I care about anymore.

I have little doubt we'll be back to stupid, morgalizing, character motivations next week though.