Fast Food shout-outs

kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
edited March 6 in General
Are you a Caniac?
I’m at the new Raising Cane’s that has opened in my neighborhood. I guess Caniac is like being called a Deadhead. Anyway this chain has opened a few shops around my area the last year or so.
what is it?  Chicken Fingers, it has a southern style to it. Sweet tea, coleslaw and Elvis. The decor with a Velvet Elvis and local high school sports team photo. The name is the name of the founders dog.
it has been here three weeks and this is my third time. 
Anyway I just want to post this shout- out while I wait for the new tires on my car. I hope we can get shout-outs to your favorite places.
MichelleChinaskiTraviscdrivedarwinfeeshy

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    I mean, after the discussion in the Tacos thread the other day, I've gotta give it up for Jack 'n the Box tacos.  Their value menu chicken sandwich is pretty good too (among other things - they also have pretty good breakfast sandwiches).  But for just a greasy, delicious fast food outing, this is my go-to.  Granted, I can't eat a lot of it anymore but I did just have a couple of tacos this past weekend and they were everything I wanted them to be.
    Chinaskikingbee67Travis
  • These days when fast food is on the table my mind almost immediately goes to Del Taco. I mean, their "secret sauce" is mayo! Hell yeah! Why hasn't anyone else thought to put mayo on a chicken taco/burrito before them? You know what's better than sour cream? Fuckin mayo, man!

For something a little smaller scale I like The Veggie Grill a lot. My wife is a vegetarian and it's super cool when she can have an entire menu at her disposal, and their "chicken sandwiches" and "hamburgers" are really legit. It's different, for sure, but very good. They also use good ingredients and have nice balance to their flavors. Great stuff. 
    https://www.veggiegrill.com/menu.html#seasonal ;
    Chinaskikingbee67Michelle
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    there are some places that i've heard a lot about that i'd like to try and Raising Cane's is one of em. other's that come to mind are Bojangles, Checkers and Culver's.

if i hafta give a shout out.. spicy chicken sandwich with bacon and cheese from Wendy's! here's looking at you.. you're my boo!
    kingbee67TravisMurderbearMichellecdrive
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited March 6
    Chinaski said:
    there are some places that i've heard a lot about that i'd like to try and Raising Cane's is one of em. other's that come to mind are Bojangles, Checkers and Culver's.

if i hafta give a shout out.. spicy chicken sandwich with bacon and cheese from Wendy's! here's looking at you.. you're my boo!

I think the one chain that is a must is Portillo’s. They are mostly a Chicago land thing but they are opening all around. We have one by Knotts Berry Farm. Not too far from Disneyland. They seem to be a hotdog place but they are so much more. Italian Beef would be my voice for the best item. Great burgers too. If you have one near you I would hit that asap. But I have noticed that chains that were not from California have been opening shops here more and more.

Dunken donuts 
    five guys
    shake shack 
    Cracker Barrel 

i have never had it but I want a White Castle. My grandparents refused to take me to the one by them in the state they lived.
    letrbuck2006Travis
    kingbee67 said:
    Chinaski said:

I think the one chain that is a must is Portillo’s. They are mostly a Chicago land thing but they are opening all around. We have one by Knotts Berry Farm. Not too far from Disneyland. They seem to be a hotdog place but they are so much more. Italian Beef would be my voice for the best item. Great burgers too. If you have one near you I would hit that asap. But I have noticed that chains that were not from California have been opening shops here more and more.

Dunken donuts 
    five guys
    shake shack 
    Cracker Barrel 
    whaaa?!? Portillo's is coming to California?! that's fantastic news!  i have a Portillo's t-shirt that i've had for a LONG time that i refuse to let go of. i ate there several times on my only visit to Chicago and loved it! girl i was dating at the time was from Downer's Grove which is the same town the owner was from. shit, i think i have a 'I Heart Portillo's' bumper sticker somewhere in storage.
    Travisrusskelly
  • edited March 6
    kingbee67 said:
    Chinaski said:

Dunken donuts 
    five guys
    shake shack 
    Cracker Barrel 

i have never had it but I want a White Castle. My grandparents refused to take me to the one by them in the state they lived.
    Oh man the amount of times I have eaten and/or delivered a White Castle Crave Case (30 burgers) to a bunch of drunks is more than I can count on my hands and feet.  They're open 24/7 by me in Minnesota and although I absolutely love them they are definitely something I eat as a special occasion type. They also have a Crave Crate (90 burgers) and their jalapeno cheeseburgers are amazing.  As dumb as the movie is, Harold and Kumar go to White Castle type cravings are a real thing.  
  • Shout out to Burgerville here in the NW. Damn good burgers and shakes. 
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Lately I've been rocking it old school and craving McDonald's! 
    MichelleJaimieT
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    We don’t have any of these things. I’m feeling so attacked right now. 
    wasi
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    Chinaski said:

I live in California now, but I was born and raised in Wisconsin.  Culver's is my absolute favorite!

Butter burger with swiss, fried cheese curds and a hot fudge milkshake (made with custard, not ice cream) is my go to meal whenever I go back to visit my parents.  Luckily, and unluckily, it's only about twice a year or I would be about 100 lbs heavier.
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    McDonald’s and Coca Cola did a masterful job brainwashing me as a little kid, im now in Ronald’s back pocket for life. 

I actually really like McDonald’s, especially the breakfast, there is no national chain restaurant that has fast food breakfast as good as McDonald’s st the price point, like Starbucks microwaves frozen sandwiches and Burger King and Chick Fil-A have good food but terrible coffee, only McDs has a national presence with made to order breakfast sandwiches and good coffee for 5 dollars, I’m always eating breakfast there 
    Michelleakritenbrink
    Dummy said:
    Shout out to Burgerville here in the NW. Damn good burgers and shakes. 
    So you must be down in Vancouver/ Portland Metro? I’ve only ever seen Burgerville down there. They are good
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Mmmmm, McGriddles!  There is something about the combination of sausage, blueberry, and maple syrup that is so dang yummy.  :)
    Michelle said:
    Mmmmm, McGriddles!  There is something about the combination of sausage, blueberry, and maple syrup that is so dang yummy.  :)
    They’re just so high in sugar, and I always have to remember to ask them to use the whole egg instead of the egg white liquid. 

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Raising Cane's is very good, but I'm a bigger fan of Whataburger's chicken fingers. Plus Whataburger has gravy for dip. BUT I give Cane's the slight edge on fries. I just never feel like they give me enough...

I have been known on several occassionally to have Chick-Fil-A for all 3 meals in a single day.

For a while last year, I did become obsessed with McDonald's after thinking I'd been done with it forever. It's because I had it in Egypt and it was SO GOOD. McDonald's is generally better overseas, I've found. But they put burgers in boxes now... so they're not slimy! Fantastic. They've probably been doing that for years, I just didn't know.
    JaimieT said:
    Raising Cane's is very good, but I'm a bigger fan of Whataburger's chicken fingers. Plus Whataburger has gravy for dip. BUT I give Cane's the slight edge on fries. I just never feel like they give me enough...

I have been known on several occassionally to have Chick-Fil-A for all 3 meals in a single day.

For a while last year, I did become obsessed with McDonald's after thinking I'd been done with it forever. It's because I had it in Egypt and it was SO GOOD. McDonald's is generally better overseas, I've found. But they put burgers in boxes now... so they're not slimy! Fantastic. They've probably been doing that for years, I just didn't know.
    The bigger burgers have always been in boxes long as I remember, it’s those McDoubles and 99centers in the paper. 

Ive noticed McDonald’s is slightly better in Canada then the US, not by much, but just enough to notice 
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    @Chinaski nailed it on the head. While I unfortunately eat way too much fast food and like way way too much of it, the Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwich is probably the all around best, most solid sandwich in of all of fast food.
    Chinaski
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited March 7
    Chinaski said:

Oh man Bojangles ... one thing I definitely miss about living in North Carolina. 

Another is Cook-Out, a drive-thru chain that has awesome combo trays. You can get a corn dog as a side for a hot dog! Consider your mind blown.

Chinaski
    JaimieT said:

The bigger burgers have always been in boxes long as I remember, it’s those McDoubles and 99centers in the paper. 

Ive noticed McDonald’s is slightly better in Canada then the US, not by much, but just enough to notice 

Quarter pounders were in paper pre-2007, at least.
    KingKobra
    JaimieT said:
    JaimieT said:

I don’t ever remember that. I always remember them being in boxes, of course pre-2008 I wasn’t buying them myself...
    JaimieT
  • Dummy said:
    Shout out to Burgerville here in the NW. Damn good burgers and shakes. 
    So you must be down in Vancouver/ Portland Metro? I’ve only ever seen Burgerville down there. They are good
    They actually have them as far south as Corvallis/Albany Oregon. Maybe some in Eugene, but I can't be bothered to look it up. 
  • JaimieT said:
     Plus Whataburger has gravy for dip. 

God bless this magical place. 
    JaimieTNoelMichelle
    JaimieT said:
    JaimieT said:

I don’t ever remember that. I always remember them being in boxes, of course pre-2008 I wasn’t buying them myself...
    yeah the QPC was my jam for the longest time and i only remember it coming in a box. i'd flip the top and throw my fries in the top half of the box.

McDonald's also had round bacon for a bit.. that was a dark dark time.
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    JaimieT said:
    JaimieT said:

yeah the QPC was my jam for the longest time and i only remember it coming in a box. i'd flip the top and throw my fries in the top half of the box.

Even early 2000s?! Oh good grief I'm experiencing the Mandela effect. 
    ChinaskiKingKobra
  • ShumShum Utah
    Michelle said:
    I used to be all about McGriddles.  Then I discovered you can just dip a McMuffin in syrup!!  
    Michelle
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    JaimieT said:
    Chinaski said:
    JaimieT said:
    JaimieT said:

Have no fear @JaimieT, I worked at McDonald’s my entire high school career (1999-2003) and I can confirm with certainty that QPC were in paper wrappers back then.

Only burgers that came in a box at the time were Big Mac and Arch Deluxe.
    JaimieTKingKobra
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    McDonald’s and Coca Cola did a masterful job brainwashing me as a little kid, im now in Ronald’s back pocket for life. 

I actually really like McDonald’s, especially the breakfast, there is no national chain restaurant that has fast food breakfast as good as McDonald’s st the price point, like Starbucks microwaves frozen sandwiches and Burger King and Chick Fil-A have good food but terrible coffee, only McDs has a national presence with made to order breakfast sandwiches and good coffee for 5 dollars, I’m always eating breakfast there 
    Not to mention that sodas are all $1 so you can get a huge diet Coke for $1!!! I can't even finish it and I don't want to think about how much leftover diet Coke has gone into my septic tank.
    Brieanne said:
    JaimieT said:
    Chinaski said:
    JaimieT said:
    JaimieT said:

Have no fear @JaimieT, I worked at McDonald’s my entire high school career (1999-2003) and I can confirm with certainty that QPC were in paper wrappers back then.

Only burgers that came in a box at the time were Big Mac and Arch Deluxe.

Yeah you hear that @Chinaski and @emnofseattle? Boom.
    voodooratMichelle
  • voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    cfa is the only fast food i currently eat with any regularity--but it's basically an average of at least a meal every couple of days.  the chicken is delicious and they have the advantage of having salads i can eat without eating a ton of carbs.  the fact that they're trained/forced to say "my pleasure" whenever i say thanks is fun too.
    JaimieT
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited March 7
    JaimieT said:

Have you had Harvey's before?  If not, give it a try next time you're up here!  I wouldn't rave about it being 'great' but when it comes to that McDonalds/Burger King/Wendy's etc level of fast food Harvey's is the best.

https://www.harveys.ca/eng/