Fast Food shout-outs

13»

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Chinaski said:
    so i had an Uber take me to Whataburger at 1am last night (my last night in Austin). well, because it was one of the only places open, and everytime i saw one on my trip i thought 'oh we're gonna do this before i leave!'. let's just say.. i chose wisely :)

Don't keep us in suspense! What did you eat? 
    cdrive
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    JaimieT said:
    Chinaski said:
    so i had an Uber take me to Whataburger at 1am last night (my last night in Austin). well, because it was one of the only places open, and everytime i saw one on my trip i thought 'oh we're gonna do this before i leave!'. let's just say.. i chose wisely :)

Don't keep us in suspense! What did you eat? 
    ha! it was like a sweet n spicy bacon cheese burger with a side of onion rings. got some of that spicy ketchup which was killer. i woke up feeling quite awful, but it was totally worth it! 
    cdriveJaimieTNoelMichelle
  • I would like to give McDonalds an overdue shout out for making breakfast items all day. I don't care that it's 8:00 pm. I want a Sausage McMuffin with Egg!
    Chinaskiricoaggie7Michelle
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Noel said:
    cdrive said:
    Sometimes I just have to have a Schlotzky’s small deluxe original.  It’s a serious thing with me.

BTW that Wendy’s $1 double stack is trash y’all. Should’ve known better.  The Big Mac Jr however was good.  When I’m on a road trip though, it’s Whataburger. Small town Whataburgers are top notch.  

Thumbs up on Raising Canes. We’ve had one near the house for about 6 years now. No pretentiousness: chicken fingers, crinkle fries, jugs of tea.  Owner is a Mavs fan though. He tried to offer Dwight Howard free Canes for life to steal him. Because of that I had a short-lived boycott one Canes.  And I can’t boycott Chik Fil A cause their spicy chicken sandwich is so damn good and everyone there is so damn nice! 

1. How the hell do you only have a small sandwich at Schlotzky’s?! I have to go with a medium because they’re SO good. Man, I used to wolf down a large original back in my teenage years and early 20’s. Especially after soccer or basketball practice.

2. Ditto on small town Whataburger locations. I go down to Waco a few times a year and I always stop at the one in Hillsboro.

3. I’m so glad the Mavs never signed Dwight Howard.
    I can’t believe that someone else besides me in this forum has eaten at that Whataburger.  I rather drive fifteen more minutes south to West and stuff my face with kolaches from Slovacek’s. 

For me it’s the Hunger Buster!  I grew up eating Dairy Queen until it closed idown. I would have drive to stupid Coppell to get my fix, but luckily there is a resurgence and new one opened in North Fort Worth saving me gas and having to drive on stupid 183.  

Oh man, driving on 183 for any reason sucks. As of late I’ve had to drive on the Irving portion for work. They’ve actually made vast improvements but it’s still a nightmare between 3:30-6pm.
    ricoaggie7
  • Big shout out to Lotteria when I went to Seoul for that Wagyu cheese burger. I would say everything that's on it except that I can't read Korean but as far as I can tell, in addition to the wagyu beef patty and cheese they put onion crisps, lettuce, tomato and some sauce I couldn't make out. I'm not sure it was entirely worth 8,000 won (equivalent to approx $8 USD) but i can't deny it was tasty. Their shrimp burger is also a very solid value item.

Top left of the menu I believe?

Michellericoaggie7
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    This is kind of funny- We don't have In-n-Out here but there's an Asian chain called Caliburger which is a copy of In-n-Out, and we have that haha.
    haha wow! the In n Out McDowell's! i love it!

• emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    This is kind of funny- We don't have In-n-Out here but there's an Asian chain called Caliburger which is a copy of In-n-Out, and we have that haha.
    While not a copy of the core concept, Burgermaster tastes almost exactly the same 
    the burger place Chipolte tried and failed with was also like a janky In n Out. it was called Tasty Made and it was in Ohio.