MCU Rewatch

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone else was planning or is doing an MCU rewatch in preparation for Infinity War. I'm gathering some friends and we are planning on doing two movies a weekend and limiting it to:
IM1 - CA1 - A1 - Thor 2 - CA2 - A2 - CA3 - GotG1 - DS - Thor 3
Pretty much based on the infinity stone appearances and major moments of the MCU. Was wondering if anyone else wasn't planning on rewatching them all and if you had a ritual or anything planned for the rewatches or the viewing of Infinity War?

Comments

• I would probably watch Thor 1 as well, because it's the introduction of Loki who has a such big impact on much of the MCU and the Infinity stone plot, and I actually thinks it's not a terrible movie, sets up the dynamic of his relationship with Thor pretty well.

And even though Thor 2 is infinity stone heavy I would swap IM3 in for it, as I think thematically it's much more important for the MCU as it's key for Tony's character development leading up to Avengers 2 and Civil War.

• I'd really like to rewatch all of the Marvel movies leading up to this but I doubt I'll get around to it.  Especially with April bringing back a few of the shows I watch, Westworld, The Expanse, Legion and the fact I'd really like to rewatch the seasons leading up to Westworld and The Expanse.  But I will for sure rewatch Dr. Strange and Ant Man only because I've only seen them once. 
  • MrX said:
    I would probably watch Thor 1 as well, because it's the introduction of Loki who has a such big impact on much of the MCU and the Infinity stone plot, and I actually thinks it's not a terrible movie, sets up the dynamic of his relationship with Thor pretty well.

And even though Thor 2 is infinity stone heavy I would swap IM3 in for it, as I think thematically it's much more important for the MCU as it's key for Tony's character development leading up to Avengers 2 and Civil War.

True, yeah I was rewatching some of Thor 2 and as much as it focuses on the reality stone it isn't worth it compared to what IM3 does. Yeah I guess I'm gonna have to add a weekend to the plan, to watch Thor, would you say then since I have another movie slot which is more important GotG 2 or Thor 2?
  • I'd really like to rewatch all of the Marvel movies leading up to this but I doubt I'll get around to it.  Especially with April bringing back a few of the shows I watch, Westworld, The Expanse, Legion and the fact I'd really like to rewatch the seasons leading up to Westworld and The Expanse.  But I will for sure rewatch Dr. Strange and Ant Man only because I've only seen them once. 
    Same here! I'm watching Supernatural, and Izombie currently as they air, but Westworld, Legion, and Elementary are all going to be airing within a month.

letrbuck2006
  • MrX said:
    I would probably watch Thor 1 as well, because it's the introduction of Loki who has a such big impact on much of the MCU and the Infinity stone plot, and I actually thinks it's not a terrible movie, sets up the dynamic of his relationship with Thor pretty well.

True, yeah I was rewatching some of Thor 2 and as much as it focuses on the reality stone it isn't worth it compared to what IM3 does. Yeah I guess I'm gonna have to add a weekend to the plan, to watch Thor, would you say then since I have another movie slot which is more important GotG 2 or Thor 2?
    I'd say neither, and instead watch Spiderman Homecoming. He'll have a big role in Infinity War and Homecoming was a fun movie.
  • edited March 8
    I haven't been rewatching all of them, but I have been following this Youtube channel/ podcast that reviews one MCU movie per week in release order for the lead up to Infinity War.

They started 2 months ago. They just reviewed Captain America: Winter Soldier this week.

The podcast is called "Kinda Funny Reviews"